Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

The benefits are great along with the pay. You have an opportunity to advance and have an entire realm of classes available at no cost to you to help in your advancement.
Pros
Salary, continuing Ed, benefits
Good benefits. Inconsistencies after merger, but they'll get that worked out. Good people. Fun place to work. The job could be done remotely, but they're reluctant to allow it. Many people are working from home due to Covid 19, so it's been proven to work. Hope this changes in the future.
Pros
Benefits, generous vacation
Cons
Efficient systems, but they seem outdated.
Most of management spend their time asking their team to help them as they do not know the answer themselves. Promotion within the company is near none existent and if you do move department please do not expect a pay increase. Also you are more likely to get paid more working for a smaller company, which is possibly why staff turnover is very high. In the beginning it may seem like the company cares about your wellbeing, but in fact they do not. They care about work and if you are unable to work for whatever reason please do not expect sick pay it won't happen.
Pros
Colleagues are great people.
Cons
No one seems to do their job correctly.
I really enjoyed my short time there, until layoffs from covid-19 happened. We had more work than we could handle with the current technician count. My immediate manager was very nice & helpful. I felt valued. Office staff worked well together.
Pros
Good work balance
Cons
Large corporate disconnect with the front line workers.
There are good people that work at Johnson Controls. The benefits are great! The work life balance is above the competition. Job security is iffy right not because of the world problems.
Pros
compensation
Cons
job security
Good atmosphere. No stress. Nice people . Great company. Nice hours. Nice office. Management is good. Flexible schedule. Flexible hours. Good office. Bnn
I was with Johnson Controls for a significant amount of time; due to Covid my position was eliminated. Neither seniority or performance were taken into account. If looking for a job here I recommend To be ready for a competitive environment.
Not a good company to work for. There’s no open door policy because when you voice Your concerns they’ll try write you up. They’re more focused on Quantity over Quality. They want you to practice low effort customer service but want you on the phones for less then 40 seconds each call. Unit Managers don’t care about you. It’s impossible to get back to back off day’s. Overall just an unhealthy place to work for.
Pros
Benefits day 1
Cons
Lack of Management Help, No outside life
I really have nothing to say.. Been there a little over a year. Not the best experience but also not the worst. But I am still looking so that should say something
Worked in the office. Co-workers were not friendly or helpful. The management is poor, and focuses on the wrong things. I couldn't wait to work there, but once I got there, I couldn't wait to leave. How you can work with people who don't say good morning or good bye - I sat for 1 week, because no one felt like training me. Horrible experience ever. Also the Receptionist is a moron.
Pros
The Pay is Great if you can put up with rude people
Cons
Office culture is poor
This was the first time I entered into a company where I learned lot of new things, my typing skills got faster, keeping a check on my Emails, how to work on skype and communicate with people got better, I was new at an environment where I was supposed to interact with people through the Emails and Phone calls only, loved that part about that job, my call rating from 50% went to 100% and I was proud of what I was doing on a daily basis and improving on day by day is a good job, but as we all know there are few people in the company who just don't want you to succeed, and that is exactly what happened, I was being treated like a misfit in the company, internal politics in the company started growing and the environment became so unhealthy to work in. There was not even one single day where I was not being tortured by people's behavior. There was this supervisor who I don't know of what capabilities was she sitting on that chair where she herself was not trained on how to work on a particular software, most of my questions were being answered as she herself was not trained in that field, but with some strong connections inside the company she somehow managed to get in the company and make others life so much toxic, that a lot of people in that company did not have good comments about her. I believe once the company has grown to an extent, they lack in educating new employees, they expect you to know everything on your own, even on how to operate new software, and just so there life can go with an easy flow they don't end up hiring new employees, and that's what happened most - more...
Customers are #1. Employees are treated fairly. Generous benefits. Job advancement. Safety first. Required monthly safety meetings. Great customer care.
Worked on the “assembly line” making parts for the “auto companies”. Inspected the parts and safety. Then packaged them in totes. Also made sure the “line” had enough materials to make the parts. I also volunteered to help on other “lines”.
I found that if I came to work on time and did my job to the best of my ability, I had total support. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement.
My shift was the "5-day shift rotation pattern", which is the (mostly) daytime only shift pattern, which I believe is roughly defined as being any given 9 hour period somewhere between 7 AM and 7 PM. On this shift pattern, it is a 40 hour week which includes working 5 days a week total (sometimes including weekends). A typical day entails answering roughly 200 phone calls, give-or-take and dependent on your confidence, skill, and other sundry factors. This includes two 10 minute breaks and a 1-hour lunch break that can be no more than 4 hours apart, so this essentially means you're working day is 7 hours 40 minutes long in total. What I learned was how to use service booking software and alarm monitoring software. The software that's used for booking engineer visits is called SMS (Service Management System) which is a rather outdated, and occasionally slow, keyboard-only program that will most likely take at least 1 month to get used to using to the point of any reasonable confidence, at least in my experience. For the first month, it will likely be the case that you will be taking calls and panicking on getting the right thing done on this software as it is a bit of a learning curve. I will advise you to try not to worry (although I'm aware this can be easier said than done), try to be professionally assertive on the phone. Should the customer begin to get impatient, simply explain that you're new and still learning. I found that it genuinely DOES help to do this. The most common uses on SMS are booking engineers and technicians for a variety of purposes (breakdowns and - more...
High stress, fast paced, over tasked. Job expectations are unreasonable for one person to accomplish timely and accurately. Good benefits, salary and adequate vacation.
My first review ever and hopefully my last. At first training was perfect, so much support but just went downhill so fast right after. Went from 40 to 48 hours meaning earning went from £9.30hr to £7.80hr which is a huge blowback as other companies offer more pay and incentives for less stressful work. The work itself is straightfoward, booking engineers, system tests, emails, transferring calls to relevant departments but here is where the issues arrive. You cant do much as an advisor to help the customer affecting your quality such as engineer availability, speed of solving issues as alot of the problems require you asking questions to managers constantly resulting in longer hold times, and constant alarm system issues arising for customer causing frustration resulting in complaints making you feel stressed in the end. Pros: - managers will answer all questions you ask. - location (i felt) - active learning - guaranteed work - probation to learn from mistakes. - secure premises - diversity Cons: - stressful (mentally straining) - holidays (haven't had one, make sure to prebook them 1 year in advance). - minimum wage - micro management (work nights for less stress) - look forward to days off instead of the job - abuse from customers - unpaid sick day - medium/high turnover - advancement opportunity based on staff leaving. - pay for holidays (they offer you more holidays but you will sacrifice that from your salary) - terrible software (not user friendly, slow loading, takes longer to amend problems) Apart from that this is what i typically - more...
Stupid trainer and no support once on the floor. Very political. Don’t care about employees or customers, customers hate them. Avoid them like plague.
A poorly managed office where lies, cheating and stealing are the norm. Completely toxic. The mechanics were for the most part great. The lead hand and most office staff were unbelievable, and not in a good way. I would never have believed an office like that would exist in these times. I left a great pay behind just to get out.
Contact centers and service offices located throughout the USA, plenty of opportunities to advance but some draw backs for anyone seeking stability going forward as several mergers and repeated layoffs every year seem to have become standard due to budget cuts. All of this despite the stocks showing profits. Overall I enjoyed my time there but with the cuts home vs life balance tipped and it doesn't look like it is getting better anytime soon.
Fast paced and over all a fun environment. Learned a lot of things while being held back a lot of times. Was not able to fulfill commitments at times due to overload of work. Changes constantly.