Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Norman, OK

pay was very good I enjoyed the work u was doing there. It was very close to where I live so that was a bonus. The bosses were nowledgable in what to do
This company is terrible. You give your best 100% not good enough the goal is literally 128% efficiency. Therefore quality and safety are put aside.
Pros
Lots of ot big checks
Cons
No time to spend your money
It's alright except for their is no refrigerator so on my first day all my food got hot and got all over the inside of my bag, I. The break room their is only 2 microwaves
Pros
Pay
Cons
No refrigerator
The company is laid back and projects have good results . Things change every quarter as the stock market goes up and down. Salary is good compared to other industries.
Bad is being called names and poor management, bid on a few positions I was well qualified for knowing I have been there for over 2 years so I could advance my career instead they put someone that had only been there for 6 months I had the seniority.
Worst place i've worked in my whole life and im 49 sheet metal and production is my background so i took a job in that area and did my job requirement and then some as i was taught at a early age ,but there 2cd.and 3rd shift managers and there leads are rude and disrespectful to anyone that is not there chosen cronnie or old friends and im mean honestly will make you scratch your head in bewilderment to watch there behavior and verbal abuse of the employees .the hiring on situation was 0 while i worked there the pay is below average for the work load and the way your treated there is 2 ten minute breaks and a 20 min lunch so basically no time to eat or rest your brain so don't expect it ,which is fine for 8 hour shifts but not for the sweat shop moral and the way people treat each other is just the worst you will come in ready and high spirited and leave angry enough to kick puppys on a scale of 1 to 10 i give it a 2 which is generous if you do go to work there im sorry but this is fair and honest of my time there in the sheet metal production area and i'm still the but actively looking for a better environment to earn a living for my family .there are some nice people there but mabey 2 out of 10 the new ones mostly ,don't be afraid to snap back when your treated terrible cause your valuable and they know it there turn over is extreme.....
Pros
there is none mabey the free ice machine even the cafeteria is over priced
Cons
everything about it is depressing its a miserable place to try and earn a living
There was a big push to collaborate with teams worldwide. Designers were responsible for building prototype units. The benefits were decent and the pay was competitive.
this place like most take care of the weak lazy and leave it up to the hard workers to do everything else. i worked as a dedicated employee for a decade when i told them about being taken advantage of they let me go
The communication is horrible, HR is no help, you either get forgotten or wrote up, no sick time EVER, and change your hours or days off with little to no notice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
Decent work environment but the upper management only cares about making their goal of units on nights so they can obtain extra compensation. Worked 6 days a week 10 hour days sometimes 12.
Managers are in control and mostly family based at the top leading positions. Always outside advancement opportunities never an inside advancement. Unorganized majority of the time, no encouragement, people bring home attitudes to work. HR is more helpful to the company because they're more understanding with the job and what life throws at you.
With temp service in building its know that your expendable. They don't care about the workers or their personal lives. They force last minute overtime also.
Typical day: Working with internal teams on projects including design, manufacturing engineering, manufacturing, purchasing. My job intertwined with most departments in the company. I learned how to build teams and work with individuals to reach the project and company goals. Company had management issues with to many inexperienced leaders. This has caused poor company performance over the last 3-4 years. The hardest part of the job was to get all individuals to realize the importance of completing tasks that lead to customer satisfaction and continued and improved sales. I enjoyed the many faucets of the job, never a dull moment.
Good company to work for. Enjoy the team and work environment. Nothing more to share. Benefits and compensation are competitive. Health benefits start on your 1st day.
Cultivated ways of reducing costs and streamlining manufacturing. New product implementation and new equipment validation. Sustained multiple assembly lines while introducing product improvement.
Overall Johnson controls was a fast paced work environment with lots or room for growth . I work on a team with hard working people so we meet our quota regularly.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Running out of parts
Love the place and the job is cake. But the supervisor and grade 13 on D shift are worse then any other job I’ve had. 2nd shift can’t keep a supervisor to save their life. All the 8 hour shifts are having to work 13 days on with every other Sunday off. They don’t care about their employees. Especially night shift.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Very fast paced environment. The facility is world class. HVAC units are manufactured with the highest quality. Safety is a big priority which was very important to me.
I was a part of the leadership team at JCI. I can tell you that if you aren't "in the family" you don't get any help. This is a toxic work environment that will try to kick you around. They change goals daily and don't remember what they said the day before. The best thing I can say is the people that worked under me we some of the hardest working people I have been around.
the management here is not of any quality, they are only worried about their own personal advancement and do not care about who they use to get there, i would never go back there.
Huge company to big for their own good. Benefits of working for such a large corporation are the benefits great insurance and matching 401k lots of room to grow. Downside very incompetent middle management dehumanization of employees.