Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Murfreesboro, TN

Mandatory overtime,They won’t let you know till about two hours before you get off Weather you have to work 16 hours are no.Not very family oriented at allt
You have a lot of nice people to be around and people are willing to help you with any activity or anything that you need help in the building to help you get around and move and do what's good about the company the company is a good place and I will not have weather continue to working there
Cons
It's a well paying job it helps you reach a live goals is very family oriented they care about what you feel and what you bring to the table for the company
This was my first factory job we built seated for Nissan. I really likedJCI management. I just honk the hardest part about this job was this physical labor part.I learn how to how do you assemble and wire seats that were shipped to Nissan.
The pay and benefits are decent. The only thing I did not like is that you can get bumped to a different shift at any time if someone with higher seniority wants your position. They also give you 2 weeks off in the summer with one week paid and a week off for Christmas.
Johnson Controls in Murfreesboro, TN. is a supplier of seating for Nissan of North America located in nearby Smyrna, TN. It was fast, hard, intense work but paid well as long as you remained healthy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard on the body
I learned at my time with this company that I can make a difference in how I spend my time. Adient/JCI is a just-in-time facility. My job performance directly affected the company. I always worked harder to help the company.
Pros
earned pto and vacation time
Cons
healthcare
This is a work environment that is very fast paced and they have a lot of things for you to do there. There are many positions there, and they all are very demanding on you physically.
High turnover in management. I was in maintenance and we had to work 6-7 days per week and 12 hour shifts. I worked there a LONG TIME and when I started it was fantastic until new management put more emphasis on the profit rather than the quality of work and treatment of employees
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
This was a difficult job. The people are great but they won't take to you right away. Lots of people wash out of assembly line jobs, so they tend to warm up after about a month. This was the best paying job I had ever had.
The work was extremely physical. Everyone worked to help out others when they fell behind. I trained for multiple positions on the production floor and also had a few months in the office. Management was friendly and they all knew you as an individual and not just another employee. The work was hard but the compensation was worth it. There was a lot of overtime. What I miss the most is the people.
Pros
The people
Cons
breaks were short and the work was physical
Johnson controls was a great company to work for they were very laid back the pace wasnt fast and they paid quite well for the job. Awesome benefits and wonderful people to work with.
I have been a loyal employee for almost 21yrs and have relocated for the company 5 times and I do not feel that it is appreciated or acknowleged. I do not eel this is a good company to work for any longer.
Pros
Hour Lunch, free parking, close to home, 5 weeks vacation
Cons
Values - there being none
You do what they tell you to do when they tell you to do it. and mandatory overtime. Management was good most were promoted from within. The job itself wasnt too stressful but could be very difficult to get used to the speed of things.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long shifts, mandatory overtime, no chance of getting on first shift
Everyone and every thing about this company is excellent. I'll refer anyone to this company. You get to learn everything their is you want to know. They have good benefits and you get paid good. You have fun while you working and especially on the weekend.
Pros
Rewards, vacations, etc.
Cons
Long breaks, fun, short breaks
Johnson controls is a very fun work place.. It has its ups and downs it's very fast pace. The people that work he are friendly and team work is one many thinks we go be
this company favored people. No room for advancement unless you knew someone. Worked 6 days a week and every week. People always gossip as well. Made jobs harder than what they were
It was a wonderful place to work but as far as the pay thru the temp I was working wasn't enough. The employee were very nice the work was very easy I just wanted a little more
It's hard work but they show there appreciation to there employees often! Not many companies like this one left. It's a team not just co-workers. The management team is caring as well and great leaders.
I am a current employee, I have been working here for two years. It's a good environment to work in with team work. You make seats for Nissan, but depending on your job it may be bad on the body.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Long weekends no time to spend with family.
To whom may concern, I go to work everyday including weekends from 6:00am-6:00pm mostly. I'm considered a maintenance supervisor/maintenance mechanic. I've learned how to work on and troubleshoot forklifts with out maintenance manuals and order parts in a timely manner. My co workers are very good at what they do, even production managers conduct themselves very organized and professional. The hardest part my job is not providing maintenance manuals ,such as wire schematics and the most enjoyable time I have working at my job is able to my kids every evening before bedtime. They mean the world to me.