Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Lubbock, TX

I loved my job here to a certain point things went down hill close to me leaving a lot of bad happened with other employees but if I had the chance to go back I would cause they can and will be put in their place but life was amazing working there great benefits checks where great it’s really a nice place to work
I really didn't care for the management, they aren't on top of things for being a big business, no communication. If they cared more for their employees rather than other things.
Pros
Short lunch, nasty food
Cons
great benefits
If you are a professional who works within teams and expects professionalism instead of politics, move along. JCI is a failing business with no future
I enjoyed working for JCI and wanted to say on with the company very much so. But, unfortunately I was hired through a staffing agency called Experis and after my required 6months with the staffing agency "which was more of a pain than anything” was let go due to the lack of work being provided due to low sales by their sales department in finding more contractual projects. They provided very good benefits, although I will say the company was very much lacking on their training programs and unbeknownst to me was a rather competitive work environment as a systems tech working with their LSS techs, sort of a poor structure for relayed information needed in the completion of certain projects and or roadblocks between its own contractors and completion time for projects. Though despite aforementioned, the 3 LSS techs in charge were striving in their projects for completion despite the rudimentary venues they strife to adept thereof in there attempts for completion of their projects thanks to one lead LSS and his senior supervisor. But overall, I believe direct hire would have benefited all parties more so, though that might just be my opinion. But as far as the required training for the position and how fast the company has newer and better breakthroughs with technology it was very poor to follow and learn quick enuf for some in order to stay on top of progress and completion of projects weather repair, upgrades, or new construction where in keeping with completion deadlines. Overall, working with JC was very fun and always kept you on yr toes, a very hurry up and weight sort of - more...
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Offer dental, vision, medical, 401k, health savings account and many other great discounts at various places. Good management and comfortable work atmosphere
This employer cares about the safety of the operators, then the quality of the product we build and the quantity. Johnson’s Controls builds fire sprinklers for homes and businesses that can save lives and property.
Pros
Paid holidays off and also weekends off.
Cons
Sometimes there’s mandatory overtime
It’s a great job and we get to work together to make something that’s important to save lives. I’m excited to work every day because we get to challenge ourselves to make a quality product.
JCI has a very productive team in West Texas. JCI is a customer focused team. They offer a lot of opportunities for training and advancement. Overall a very good company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Lack of support for West Texas market
working at Johnson controls there are not many friendly people and almost everyone talks about everyone. this job is messy and not well ran. there are many different people working there.
I have been with the company over 25 years and have always enjoyed my job. I feel at this point I am not taken serious and thought I would take a look outside of the company. Good family feeling.
Great place to work if the management likes you if they don’t they will find a way to get rid of you. Ever since they bought Tyco it has gone down hill in benifets, and has gotten more cutthroat
There is no end to the amount of overtime available. Most of the time overtime is voluntary and many will sign up for it, but on special weeks the overtime is mandatory. If you like to work and want to make a lot of money with an honest day's work, come here. Last year instead of a standard 40 hour week (2080 hours/year) I worked over 3400 hours. I did it because I actually enjoy working here and Johnson Controls provides the opportunity to do so. I wasn't forced to work these hours, but allowed to.
Pros
overtime available regularly.
Cons
short lead times on production. We do not normally know what we need to output until the week of.
The team at Johnson COntrols was a very collaborative one. It was encouraged that people of all age groups and backgrounds speak up and participate. The executive leadership was very approachable.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Innovation was slow
Pay is good. Plenty of vacation time. Has quite a bit of drama but what job doesn't? Most of the management really does care and wants you to do well. Fast pace and some OT required.
Management changes often. Great pay, but unrealistic goals unless you are forward thinking and planning. Very aggressive and very little limits on competition and pricing. Upper management does not care about frontline troops and customers.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Unrealistic goals and timelines