Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

Contact centers and service offices located throughout the USA, plenty of opportunities to advance but some draw backs for anyone seeking stability going forward as several mergers and repeated layoffs every year seem to have become standard due to budget cuts. All of this despite the stocks showing profits. Overall I enjoyed my time there but with the cuts home vs life balance tipped and it doesn't look like it is getting better anytime soon.
Good benefits. Inconsistencies after merger, but they'll get that worked out. Good people. Fun place to work. The job could be done remotely, but they're reluctant to allow it. Many people are working from home due to Covid 19, so it's been proven to work. Hope this changes in the future.
Pros
Benefits, generous vacation
Cons
Efficient systems, but they seem outdated.
This is not a job you want run find something else not a job you want bad management bad working conditions bad raises suck the canceled our 401 k contributions for this year
Not a good company to work for. There’s no open door policy because when you voice Your concerns they’ll try write you up. They’re more focused on Quantity over Quality. They want you to practice low effort customer service but want you on the phones for less then 40 seconds each call. Unit Managers don’t care about you. It’s impossible to get back to back off day’s. Overall just an unhealthy place to work for.
Pros
Benefits day 1
Cons
Lack of Management Help, No outside life
I started at Johnson Controls around July of 2019. I only stayed there for about 2-3 months because in the beginning I knew things were going to be all bad. First, you have to pass training (like you are in school) and they have a real life graduation ceremony. Second, I did not like the fact we had to desk share, you had to come to work 15-20 mins early just to find a desk and log in on time. Some of the computers were broken and others did not have the internet, or had other things wrong with them. This caused many people to clock in late. Overall, I did not like the environment the managers and leads walk around every 10-15 mins to make sure people are working. I did not like to feel like people were baby sitting I am an adult.
I hated going to work. It is a typical call center job. Honestly, I really wanted growth in this company but not that division of Johnson Controls Inc.
If are you looking for micro manager self low job & you like to snitch and be micromanage this is the perfect place for you. We started out in my class with 15 employees by the time 6 months came in it was only 3 of left from my class, by the time I left I was the only one left in my class. HR reach out to me via email and wanted to know why I Left, but did nothing to change the toxic environment.
I actually love working for the company and most definitely love the pay and benefits. A typical day starts by stretching and finding out the production number for the day.
They have bed bugs that they aren’t treating for correctly. The pay and benefits were great, my manager was amazing but that’s about it. You will have to work holidays and no snow days
While working for Johnson Controls I only stayed with the company for a short. Of time after Johnson Controls purchased Tyco. Prior to that they were ADT and I enjoyed working for ADT.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Once Johnson Controls purchased Tyco VA health care benefits increased vacation was decreased
This place is unorganized, staffed with people who know not what they are doing. They train you for 4 grueling weeks, dumping information that is confusing and excessive. They pay sucks. Some employees are making as low as $11-$12 an hour and have been with company for over 10 years. Some new employees with no experience make $15-$18 hourly. The place is a hub for germs. Just Nasty. Very racist
I consider Johnson Controls an ok workplace. There was some things that needed attention. Things that in a workplace could make it or break it. These things were often overlooked.
Competitive at times, other times boring, no mobility, don't like working third shift but paid the most per hour. Training did not match being actually on floor, quite a few of what we should know, we don't know. Some simple, some complex.
building seats lifting the on to the line and shipping them to quality control ....sometimes it was fun but very busy and fast paice ,we rotate are jibs every 2 hr that helps with are bodys the enjoyable part working here would be friends you meat and get to no
This company has treated me well. The understanding of management and the help from other operators you recieve is amazing. Everyone is friendly and always willing to be a good friend.
Pros
Pay, benefits, set schedule.
I’ve been with this company for almost 2 years. The pay was really low starting but I moved up twice in 6 months so I had a lot of hope Unfortunately that turned south so quick. Management harasses and bullies you. Like many others have stated you turn something in and nothing gets done They Advertise compensation for referrals but know the system doesn’t work and will not pay it out. They also over work their service coordinators and we are tremendously under paid . Meanwhile they hire new people making atleast 3$-5$ more and don’t train them properly. Our director told us it was OUR job to assist with that
Pros
Team mates are the only pro and you can’t bet on that
Cons
Unfair policy no sick time unfair wages harassment retaliation
Management is not professional at all times nor do they keep promises made to employees. Employees do not feel appreciated. They have a decent pay scale but no room for advancement as promised in interviews and from interactions with management.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad management
Inbound/outbound calls, audio/visual escort, monitoring alarms, troubleshooting, contacting authorities when needed for customers,update occasionally customers information
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Hours and days off
Environment and culture is oppressive! Facility outdated and substandard, They are not concerned about the employees at all, double standard. Upper management is a joke. Extremely low morale, and micro management at best! Would not recommend to anyone!
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unrealistic expectations, poor management, unconcerned of employees
Standard call center work. Opportunities for advancement are there if you are a young person, not so much if you are older. If you are intelligent, dumb it down or you won't be promoted. Ethical issues abound.
Pros
Overtime is available most of the time
Cons
Ethics, ethics, ethics
good palce to start out working, they have oppourtunites to advance into different departments. you dont have assigned seats & have to move around everyday to a different seat, having to look for a comfortable chair and desk to clean. most managers are employee friendly and can help you achieve but there are some that are there waiting for your downfall.