Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Very competitive environment to work in. Good pay and benefits for those with at least five years of experience with the company. Does not carry lesson learned forward.
Pros
Good benefits and professional exposure
Cons
No real D&I results
The company is too big and clunky. It is unable or unwilling to adapt. They use 80s software to manage billing, 90s software to quote, and early 2000s salaries to pay employees. The share holder is more important that the customer for sure.
The Hvac side of Johnson is stressful and long hours but it can be rewarding. It was great place to learn and grow in this industry but it as hard to build a strong dealer base with out having all the ancillary products.
Johnson Controls always made sure to take care of their people. The benefits offered were the best and at a reasonable cost. Johnson Controls allowed for flexible schedules when family issues arouse.
Not much room for advancement at my time of employment. Great benefits, company vehicle, sense of community and a good work to life ratio. Great company to work for overall, just was not the right fit for me in my season of life.
management wonderful plenty of travel time, benefits outstanding co-workers awesome...Upper management awesome, office space and working conditions awesome, fellow workers in field knew their job really well making my job that much easier
Pros
none to mention
Cons
none to mention
I really don't have anything to say about the company, other than it was not for me. Thanks you for the opportunity and have a good day. again thanks!
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
The best part about working at this company are the people you get to work with on a daily basis. Working together across business segments makes for a productive workplace.
Johnson has since sold this department to CBRE. Management was very understanding and allowed much room for freedom. High expectation of personal responsibility,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
Johnson Controls (Controls side) has always been known for their ability to develop and recognize good talent. They believe in promoting individuals that earn it.
Operations of Boiler room. 600 HP boilers producing roughly 190 psi. I became more proficient in high pressure steam operation.
A cutting edge company with focus on ingenuity and the environment. Key focus on customer service. A leading technology company.
Improve existing Temperature Controls efficiency and comfort for the Military DOD Marine bases. Upgrade these systems and equipment through Government awarded contracts to Johnson Controls. The job was contract position which I understood before I accepted the position. There were multiple responsibilities, reports and progress reports on safety and OSHA compliance. Managed an outside contractors with personnel to report to on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis, both my contract employer and the reporting company required different forms of information. I learned to get issues resolved quickly. Learn it, document it and write it up so that an engineer sitting in a cubicle, (4) states away, can understand and make a decision based on the information you provided. Enjoyed the many people I met and had high respect for our Military personnel, Marines and the tasks they had to perform each day. I Liked my work and it showed as my supervisor and PM were happy with the manner and way I handled the work getting done ahead of time awaiting for others to finish out commissioning the project.
Pros
There was nothing I could not learn or become involved, Resolving existing conditions for the Marine bases, Improve the timelines on completion of project
Cons
Contract work with uncertainty of future work, Deadlines came and passed, Government shutdown, Slowed down and delayed future contracts for JCI
A typical day is daily operation and building maintenance. I learned a lot about how the technical and customer relation have a good communication relationship in order for the business to success. Management does a good job in making sure what is expected of the team. All co-worker at this company that I have worked with are all open and willing to help. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with customer demands that are forever changing but we do a great job at making this work out. The most enjoyable part of this job is everyone takes responsibility for all outcomes.
Working with zoo keepers to assure the safety & welfare of all animals.
Great company to work for ,they make sure you get the right training,and education and give you hands on experience. Johnson Controls is a company that you give 100% to and they give you the same in return.
Pros
Great company with good people.
Cons
York Heating and Air Conditioning was an excellent company until Johnson Controls bought the company. Their (JCI) lack of knowledge in the industry, products, and markets set the company back ten years. Their corporate ego also hurt the company greatly.
Pros
Excellent products
Cons
Poor management - expecially at the top.
Interesting job in which a high rise building operates.Operate preventive maintenance and emergency situtations
Pros
the pay and full time
Cons
too much studing with the books and stress cefull