Johnson Controls
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD16 reviews
Can be tough, very demanding customer base. Different departments can become complacent which leads to other departments frustrations.Good pay, ok benefits.
If you want a place where your welcomed with equal opportunity this company is not for you I wouldn’t advise anybody to work here. After 6 years I have nothing to show for the hard work and dedication I have showed all because I’m not one of the favorites
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No raises, no equal opportunity for advancement
Very good place to work , good place to learn and evolve as a person . Good place to apply new technologies to your everyday life . Good place to grow.
This was the first time I entered into a company where I learned lot of new things, my typing skills got faster, keeping a check on my Emails, how to work on skype and communicate with people got better, I was new at an environment where I was supposed to interact with people through the Emails and Phone calls only, loved that part about that job, my call rating from 50% went to 100% and I was proud of what I was doing on a daily basis and improving on day by day is a good job, but as we all know there are few people in the company who just don't want you to succeed, and that is exactly what happened, I was being treated like a misfit in the company, internal politics in the company started growing and the environment became so unhealthy to work in. There was not even one single day where I was not being tortured by people's behavior. There was this supervisor who I don't know of what capabilities was she sitting on that chair where she herself was not trained on how to work on a particular software, most of my questions were being answered as she herself was not trained in that field, but with some strong connections inside the company she somehow managed to get in the company and make others life so much toxic, that a lot of people in that company did not have good comments about her. I believe once the company has grown to an extent, they lack in educating new employees, they expect you to know everything on your own, even on how to operate new software, and just so there life can go with an easy flow they don't end up hiring new employees, and that's what happened most - more...
I worked as a counter sales associate and honestly liked the job, a lot. Great benefits and work hours and decent pay but without question, the worst manager I have ever worked for in my career. I should say management in general because even the manager's manager wouldn't back you up regardless of whose was at fault. As I mentioned, I really liked the job and the customers and I think most of them liked me. I received many awards and certificates of appreciation while at JCI for outstanding customer service. I performed all the functions described in the position and feel like I did the job well. My downfall, a lack of HVAC experience which is why I had to "chime in" considering nowhere in the ad did I see mention of HVAC experience required. When I interviewed for the position the manager knew I didn't have any real HVAC experience but what I did have was a great customer service background and a great reputation for getting the job done and always making sure the customer was satisfied. The formal training for such a large company is very lack luster, in fact it's not there at all. The manager had many years of experience working for a couple other HVAC manufacturer's. As I mentioned I didn't really have any HVAC experience and they provided no training except giving you manuals and I am a hands on person. I can't do something once every couple of months and expect to remember all the details without my "cheat sheet". When I used that, I had no issues. The problem is I didn't know all the model numbers and nomenclature because again, I didn't use these on a daily basis. - more...
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
Terrible management
check coworkers progress on repairing and maintaining hvac equipement.I learned how to deligate work.The management was ok but a bit reactive instead of proactive.The hardest part of job was the poor condition of the equipement we had to maintain.Fixing something that has not worked for years was enjoyable.
Pros
scale pay
Cons
salary is collective bargained
Aftermarket business is a service-oriented business predicated on timely support to the customer. The efficient tools at the organization were extremely beneficial in driving the business.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Na
JCI is a great place to work, management needs to be removed and replaced with mangers who know how to manage. Baltimore Parts center has so many ethic violations going on, when employees try to report HR contact the reported manager and they would threaten anyone else who files a report.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Horriable management
Good company to work for but have to be proactive if you want to advance. I've never been given a clear career path or advice on how to advance. Must have willingness to move if you want real opportunities.
The only issue with working for them in the position I was in was the amount of work they expected you to perform. I sometimes had 16 to 18 projects going at the same time. It was a little overwhelming at times. Management did provide assistance when needed.
Pros
Great benifits and company training available.
Cons
30 mile commute in direction of rush hour traffic.
This was a great Companyn with a high potential to make money. Due to lack of leadership it was very hard to get the job done. I learned that for best results you needed to be a one person team.
Pros
Small Minority Company
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Was sad when position was eliminated due to the downturn of the economy, great place to work
I would honestly say that favoritism is one of the only downfalls of this company. It seemed as though certain people were protected more than others when it came to giving warnings/write ups for cellphone use or taking extended breaks... however... This was honestly one of the best companies I've had the privilege of working for. They are very safety-conscious and reward those who take extra measures to assure everyone leaves in the same condition that they came in. The upper management was wonderful to work with. They were very open to your ideas and were appreciative of honesty. This company displays the very essence of integrity. I didnt dread going to work every day... except for the petty high school drama... but that is a part of life & everywhere.
Pros
free lunches every 60 without a recordable accident, very friendly & helpful upper management, very safe environment, overtime available to everyone (optional)
Cons
supervisor favoritism, high school drama.
Easy place to work in terms of the laid back atmosphere but the people in charge are hard to communicate with and dont give positive feedback but quick to let you know when dont do something right.
benefits
Cons
management, no room for advancement
Worked there for six years and it was a really good job. Management seemed clueless, but I'm sure that's on a branch-to-branch basis.Advancement in the branch I worked at was difficult due to an office "clique".Overall, though, a great place to work that pays well and has excellent benefits and a great culture.
Very Quick To Adapt To, Quick To Make Friends & Get Along With Everyone...Comfortable Work Enviroment