Johnson Controls
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in Aurora, CO

Nice place to learn the industry. Would recommend as a first job or a part time job as moving up may take a while contingent upon your favor in management.
I loved working for jhonson controls. I had never done call center type jobs before but the training made me well prepared . I also enjoyed knowing I was helping save people's lives
An okay job if you're only in it for the money. Not a great long term career move. You are micro-managed every minute you are there. Favoritism rules. If management doesn't like you, you will not survive.
Pros
Cons
Management, no communication
I’m thankful Johnson Controls gave me an opportunity. I didn’t make it through training because I called in sick. I don’t think I would’ve succeeded with the shift I was assigned.
Pros
Extensive training.
Cons
Broken microwaves in the break room. Strange work hours.
lost job to covid epidemic. No rehire in site at the moment. career path was trending the desired direction until this unforseen pandemic. I look forward to joining the team again.
The pay was decent, but management was horrible. Was lied to about shift options. Unauthorized money was taken from paycheck for benefits that weren't requested and they wouldn't return it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Tied to a phone cord and they monitor your every movement
The work environment is TERRIBLE & all that matters is numbers numbers numbers. The office furniture is terrible. The computer system is a joke and SUPPORT is non existent.
I found that if I came to work on time and did my job to the best of my ability, I had total support. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement.
the management does not support its employees and views them just as numbers. Employee morale is not viewed as a priority. Existing employees are not paid what outside hires are paid.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
The Aurora/Denver office is completely overrun by nepotism and favoritism across the board. Truly try to avoid these people. If you dont go to church with the right people you will be thrown to the wolves time and time again. Your boss will smile to your face then talk smack about you in front of a Apprentice, or tell which Apprentices are their favorites. The organization of this shop is utter garbage. I love this company and worked for them for a long time just to get screwed. Do all you can to find just about any other sprinkler company around town to work for but these guys. Do yourself a favor. Avoid at all costs. These guys are a sinking ship.
I was free doing my work without management and I was able to work remotely as long as the job is done by managing full Cycle of Accounts Payable from Vendor setup to the payments and month end closing
There is opportunity to advance and pay is decent however newer employees make more money then tenured employees and there is no value placed on retention or loyalty of current employees. Middle management is stagnant and does not present as leaders instead of bosses. Workplace culture generally reflects the lack of leadership and desire to effect actual change. There is also a value set that the company purports to follow, however there is no actual emphasis or enforcement of the values.
I would rather not rate Johnson Controls. The only reason I am writing in this is because I would like to move forward, but Indeed wants me to fill this out
Stupid trainer and no support once on the floor. Very political. Don’t care about employees or customers, customers hate them. Avoid them like plague.
Trainers were unprofessional , not worth the stress they put on you. Definitely would not recommend anyone to work there, they expect so much from you and one small thing you don't get right they get upset and start having attitudes with you and don't want to help with any questions you have. Bad experience
Bad training, and poor leadership at the ISSM level for the West. More concerned about the bottom line than employees. I had 2 hours of training and was left to my own devices and outdated job aids to learn my job. I had no computer or two months and had to get it running on my own.
Pros
There are some really great people that work there
Cons
I had poor training and a manager that couldn't be pleased.
It’s not bad can be stressful at times but what job isn’t, they are very lenient and generous with PTO and it’s pretty simple to work must have the right attitude to make it through the day. Overall it’s a good place for work, just not a career choice for me.
once an alarm comes in trouble shoot what it is and your next steps to take. Johnson Controls gave me the training and insight on dispatching. The management there really helps you out if you need help and trying to help you move forward to the next step in your career.
In my career I have NEVER found a more disgusting place to work. I cannot speak for every call center facility Regarding the company, but the one I was employed at was Absolutely disgusting. There were constant complaints of bug infestation, more commonly Cockroach and lice. All of which were ignored until a call was made to the Health Department. At which point the company was forced to hire a cleaning crew, the extend of which was a steam clean. There is no assigned desk, so it is first come first serve. This would not be an issue save for the fact that MANY other employees were incontinent, meaning MANY of the chairs were stained. See above compliant for why that was an issue.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor facility.
I feel the company is poorly managed. There is little stability in the leadership positions. Most of the employees are great. There is some room for advancement only if you start at a lower entry level position.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
This place is filled with unhappy people,lots of grown up people that gossip like they were in high school.Lots of kissing up to mangement required ito keep your job.They give you alot of rules but they don't make people follow them.They hire anybody that walks in because there is such a high turn over.
Pros
health care
Cons
not a happy place to be