Johnson Controls
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,473 reviews
Worthwhile experience and you are updated with latest industry technologies. Trainings are provided whenever necessary. It is a company with high level of ethical standard. Work is challenging as you will be involved in all aspects of the works. However, management structure changes very often and career promotion is less likely to be given.
To gain experience its a good place. Salary was low No salary hike, not provided on time. All other benefits good PF+OT .... Over all good ..... ...... (₹(₹) ₹
Pros
Better startup
Cons
Salary issue
Vicino casa, azienda seria, lavoro interessante e stimolante
compensation is low to start off. Its not based on your experience , more lesser less every position already has a pay structure. It has it up amd downs but overall a good company.
I enjoyed working in the C-suite. Very nice and professional co-workers, and we had our own amazing IT guru just for the VP's/executives and their assistants. The only reason I left was to take another role a friend was leaving and wanted me to fill. They have a fitness center, and if you want to bike to work you will be able to park underground in the bike garage. Great benefits and pay!
Life draining Backwards working Badd management No training Don't give you a realistic of what to look for to when coming into work. It feels like they're selling you a dream that you can not achieve
I worked about 18 months in Hitachi Air Conditioning it is my first MNC company where I worked for B2B service department. I learned lots of technical aspects in VRF & Chiller cooling system. Special Thanks to my boss who was always helpful to me and help me to put one step ahead in Air Conditioning field.
The culture at JCI is focused on P&L. They don’t value their customers or their employees. They only care about how much money you are making for the corporate level management and investors. If you are looking for a mid-management job with no guarantee of how long you will work there then JCI is a place for you. Anytime finances change within the company no matter how good you are doing at the local level they will lay you off. Not a very good place to work!
Great company but it was contract work for American Water who decided to end the contract and create their own service desk. I have no issues with this company
Pros
Cons
No real cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
You'll learn a lot about building automation at JCI. This is because they will send you out to work on enterprise scale equipment without any training whatsoever. The upside was that the pay is decent and the benefits were good. That's about where it ends. Fundamentally this company is just flawed.The culture is beyond horrible, at least in the area that I worked. Good ole' boy environment, clique environment, endless finger pointing over mistakes, hostile coworkers, you name it. Being genuine and approachable gets you no where here because it's a very non-inclusive environment. It felt like very few people actually wanted you to succeed. I've never worked at an employer where people get aggravated when you ask questions about working on high voltage equipment. These people couldn't communicate a banana to an ape. Good luck getting ahold of most people at crucial times. This includes HR and tech support. The regional "saftey" manager will quite literally text you, "You good?" two days after you report being in a car accident in a company vehicle. If you are an experienced controls person, you will probably be respected way more. If you are new, then you may want to train elsewhere first.
Pros
Money and Vehicle
Cons
Too many to list I guess
Every department fights with each other and the customer has a front row seat to how unorganized our teams are. We lose focus to often on the problems the jobs create, and spend tons of time trying to pass the issue to someone more competent to deal with whatever issue is accruing. I have watched emails reached the region vice president over the smallest of issues. The problems are many and the few that can solve them are overworked and under paid. We lose tons of great talent because of the abuse nature of management. HR is a joke and it's not funny.
Pros
That you work for an international brand.
Cons
culture, management, feuding departments and etc
Lack of management support. The company laid off 11% out of 105,000 employees without notice. Very poor "real" concern for their employees. P&L is everything.
It's alright except for their is no refrigerator so on my first day all my food got hot and got all over the inside of my bag, I. The break room their is only 2 microwaves
Pros
Pay
Cons
No refrigerator
Good atmosphere. No stress. Nice people . Great company. Nice hours. Nice office. Management is good. Flexible schedule. Flexible hours. Good office. Bnn
Executive management has lost it - they have no clue how to run this company or make it function. Nice idea to combine two large corporations into one huge one...would have been even better if they actually knew what they were doing. The company needs an entirely new direction and new CEO/BOD to see it through.
Staff and employees are friendly. They have a cafeteria for employees. I enjoyed working for my day shift supervisor. Overall a great experience. Would recommend.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Lack of training in some areas
During my time at JCI I was able to put my excellent time management, teamwork, leadership and problem solving skills to great use. What I did not like about the company, was that we were not well trained. Secondly, work was done very independently. This left you occasionally with no guidance or assistance from upper management.
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Very independent work style
The Mainrenance manager and supervisor does not know how to manage. They do not have any leadership abilities what so ever. If you are a military veteran a good peace if advice for you would be to stay clear of any Johnson Controls plant.
Pros
Cons
Treatment of employees and military veterans
You will grow professionaly because due to high turnover there will be a need for you to fill other gaps in the organization. Look at it as an opportunity to gain some valuable experience you can put on your resume.
Pros
Salary way above industry standards
Cons
Zero work like balance
Johnson controls is a big company I been working before at Spain Barcelona, Seating products for seat Company, very gentle and neatly and I will be happy to work with Johnson control.
Pros
Molding Operator
The work is relatively easy once you learn the job but training is minimal. Most leads are not knowledgeable or experienced and tend to be lazy. Interview jobs filled in house including leadership positions are promised to people unqualified be they are even posted for bid. The plant as a whole promotes and rewards substandard work ethic and ability in employees.
Pros
Decent pay a lot of overtime.
Cons
Lazy in competent leads, No room for advancement unless your friends with supervisors, Hard working people are taken advantag, lazy people are given special treatment and advancement opportunities