Johnson Controls
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,473 reviews
Worthwhile experience and you are updated with latest industry technologies. Trainings are provided whenever necessary. It is a company with high level of ethical standard. Work is challenging as you will be involved in all aspects of the works. However, management structure changes very often and career promotion is less likely to be given.
People are great, yearly raises are often skipped to share buy backs instead. Executive Management cares only for the quarterly accounting and will actively engage in financial engineering to cook the share price. Such as delaying the payment of travel expenses until the next quarter. Little reinvestment in the business and has no long term growth goals for the company.
It was great when I started but after it became union I felt like a number. Didn't feel appreciated for my work ethic. I worked there 16 years. Paid the bills.
Common format: I was given a problem, a tentative framework for a solution and told Go! It was an amazing learning opportunity with a lot of people willing to help teach me nuggets along the way. They let you earn your big boy pants and the respect of the amazing people around you.
Pros
Get to do a little of everything: controls, algorithm, thermodynamic and software engineer all in one
Cons
Parking
Undervalued by management and continually made to feel unappreciated while asking more of you. Not compensated fairly for work required and stress level.
lost job to covid epidemic. No rehire in site at the moment. career path was trending the desired direction until this unforseen pandemic. I look forward to joining the team again.
Most of management spend their time asking their team to help them as they do not know the answer themselves. Promotion within the company is near none existent and if you do move department please do not expect a pay increase. Also you are more likely to get paid more working for a smaller company, which is possibly why staff turnover is very high. In the beginning it may seem like the company cares about your wellbeing, but in fact they do not. They care about work and if you are unable to work for whatever reason please do not expect sick pay it won't happen.
Pros
Colleagues are great people.
Cons
No one seems to do their job correctly.
I really enjoyed my short time there, until layoffs from covid-19 happened. We had more work than we could handle with the current technician count. My immediate manager was very nice & helpful. I felt valued. Office staff worked well together.
Pros
Good work balance
Cons
Large corporate disconnect with the front line workers.
This is not a job you want run find something else not a job you want bad management bad working conditions bad raises suck the canceled our 401 k contributions for this year
The managers are clueless. They don’t care about the employees and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. They don’t reach out to customers and aren’t helpful at all to the techs. They leave it completely up to the techs and admin staff to deal with angry clients. If they don’t like you, they will use “safety” to get rid of you. Union is weak. In short. this branch is the Cincinnati Bengals of the HVAC world. Don’t do it unless your stuck and even then watch your back.
Pros
Meh
Cons
Too many to list
apoyo de los gerentes, bajo estres, buena comunicacion, flexifilidad, salario justo, lo dificil fue que es una planta muy pequenia y no hay un plan de desarrollo profesional, no hay inversion para mejoras en nueva tecnologia...o nuevos proyectos
Pros
bonos muy buenos
Cons
el trafico en la salida es congenstionado
Manager is impossible to get any answers from too many office people that do nothing but point the finger at someone else it is always someone else’s problem should have known it was a bad place when all the top guys started to leave
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The job started out ok but soon become a bore and a drag. You have some people who are willing to help you develop and grow but certain people from supervisors to management aren't honest neither are they truthful when it comes to keeping their word. Management said I was getting a raise once I became Hazmat Certified, I get certified and I never received my raise, and the same person who said I would get the raise and a certain amount then lied about it later on, playing dumb and acting ignorant to the fact of what he said. Management doesn't appreciate those in lower positions than them, even though they have employee recognition meetings. They don't know how to positively communicate with the employees. They will drag you, having you give up all of your time, energy and family life for a never ending cycle of work. You not only have jealous management but backstabbing coworkers. You work long hours at random times and mainly on short notice, leaving you no time to make adjustments to your home life. The job could be good but made boring and stressful when dealing with people who only care about their pockets getting fatter, while yours remain nice and trim, as you slave to the beat of their drum. I'm only a bit of my experience at the this company, yours might be different.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Short breaks, long hours and bad management
Good people and friends for life. easy to learn on the job training in the field and in online classes. Most jobs were fun , liked going to different job locations.
I think working for a fortune 500 company in technology is always a winner. If you like structured work environment company leading edge training programs. Working with professional and skilled people. then Johnson Controls Ltd is a good option . The only setback i would say for such an established company is that the management and technical support structure of the company is very well structured and organized. and Management in such a large organization will have multiple stakeholders to report to , so there are many stakeholders involved and if you missed a day off work of reveal weakness in your performance, then it will come out very quickly through the stakeholder meeting and review process and you will mostly end up losing or damaging your career for your mistakes and mishaps. It is like working for the military or government agencies where every step you take is being reaudited and scrutinized so my suggestion is to take your job seriously and ensure all the stakeholders involved is satisfied with your performance in order to receive a good review and advancement opportunities. furthermore, because of such an organized structure, people social skills are fundamentally important to lead you to advance to the next level of your career.
Pros
professional work environment and people
Cons
organization is very structured. there is little opportunity in creativity
Pay well, team culture with good people, difficult to get things done. Very little process or organization as to how things are to be done. Good reputation
● Work-life balanceThey keep trying to do more with less people● Pay & benefitsCompany is always changing things.● Job security and advancementPromote people they know● ManagementThey are to expensive and only care about the numbers. They really have no idea what goes on at the local level. Have and will continue to lose good people● CulturePeople are overall very unhappy● OverallI transferred from Florida Virginia in January 2020. I had over 23 years combined between Tico which Johnson Controls purchased and now JCI. I relocated my family sold my house in Florida moved to Virginia and was let go along with about 50 other people. Treated poorly
I worked forthese people twice and both times I found the experience be excellent. No pressure they support you to at every opportunity. The pay is above average and the working conditions are are the best I've come across in the last 15 years. Apply here if you want to make it a career.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Can't think of any.
Buena empresa con buenas prestaciones, horas extras, eventos familiares
Pros
Buen ambiente
Cons
Turnos
There are good people that work at Johnson Controls. The benefits are great! The work life balance is above the competition. Job security is iffy right not because of the world problems.
Pros
compensation
Cons
job security
It's a good place overall. I had a great manager at the time who made it possible to achieve greatness. It was not an easy job for a female amongst 80 percent men, but everyone was there to do a job and get things accomplished. We all had a goal in mind and accomplished them on a regular basis. The culture there now is completely different and new management. They are not worried about working as a team, but focused on ego and titles. It's not the same kind of environment nor would I recommend working here unless things change from the top down.