Johnson Controls
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,473 reviews
Worthwhile experience and you are updated with latest industry technologies. Trainings are provided whenever necessary. It is a company with high level of ethical standard. Work is challenging as you will be involved in all aspects of the works. However, management structure changes very often and career promotion is less likely to be given.
As long as you do your job properly and within the company standard operating procedures you will have a job. The benefits are decent & your paycheck is always in your account on payday.
Pros
Minimal supervision, your expected to do your job and if you run into issues contact your supervisor.
Cons
No internal promotions, you must apply for a job to advance at least at administrative level.
Can be tough, very demanding customer base. Different departments can become complacent which leads to other departments frustrations.Good pay, ok benefits.
Everything is offshored. It takes days to settle simply HR problems. No onsite help available. You have to place job tickets for every issue in the HR field. They are moving operations all around the world. Not very progressive. Yet the CEO gets his due reward for cutting peoples jobs in the USA.
Pros
Cons
health insurance is not good. You have to pay the high deductible before insurance kicks in.
Johnson Controls is a great place to work, grow and advance, if you’re up to the challenge. I was surrounded by great people with a wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Many business responsibilities placed directly on you.
I’m thankful Johnson Controls gave me an opportunity. I didn’t make it through training because I called in sick. I don’t think I would’ve succeeded with the shift I was assigned.
Pros
Extensive training.
Cons
Broken microwaves in the break room. Strange work hours.
Too big and bureaucratic to really care and understand about the most productive employees. Senior management never really engaged with the field sales to understand what each local market really needed.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Johnson Controls it was very good to work therePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Johnson Controls are 12 an hourJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Johnson Controls, I think it was good security thereManagementIn general, managers at Johnson Controls good managementCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Johnson Controls is was greatOverallMy experience working at Johnson Controls was great
Don’t take the job, your just a number to them.They expect you to travel to other offices but refuse to let you work from home.The company has a no tolerance for harassment but did nothing when a manager harassed me for a year before covid hit and I was laid off.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Johnson Controls offers an environment of dedicated and highly experienced professionals who are welcoming and happy to share their knowledge. Management invites all team members to reach out with questions, concerns, suggestions, and ideas.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, pay, culture
Cons
Covid-19 job losses
You have a lot of nice people to be around and people are willing to help you with any activity or anything that you need help in the building to help you get around and move and do what's good about the company the company is a good place and I will not have weather continue to working there
Cons
Great company to work for. It’s a great for advancement and to learn new position. Supervisors very supportive in every aspect of your employment. Not only you worked at Johnson Control, but their would be times that you had to work on the production floor at the Ford Company adjusting seats or fixing them on the assembly line while the vehicle were moving.
I really didn't care for the management, they aren't on top of things for being a big business, no communication. If they cared more for their employees rather than other things.
Pros
Short lunch, nasty food
Cons
great benefits
Travail en équipe vraiment agréable et intéressant Avantages CE, un plus Salaire bas mais % annuel négocié Néant point de vue reconnaissance Management pyramidal lent et décalé Réunion à tour de bras sans réelle utilité
good job to pay your bills! but to much overtime and if you have a life out side of work, and or little ones at home your never with them for sports, plays, residents! They really work you there, good job, but time away from job is low.
Pros
Lots of extra bennies!
Cons
to many hours of overtime
Es una empresa que esta en capacitacion del personal constantemente y eso hace mas facil la vida laborald entro de la misma, fue lo que mas me gusto.
Poor pay, low morale and a drudgery to come to work. It is hard to believe such a poor working environment can still exist in 2020. If you are looking at JCI, do yourself a favor and keep looking. It is not a healthy environment nor does the low pay justify your putting up with the misery.
Pros
Office women held potluck lunches.
Cons
No support. Neither to their staff and certainly not to their customers.
Excelente empresa para se trabalhar, trabalhei por mais de 12 anos e não tenho nada a reclamar.
Pros
Bons benefícios (transporte, refeição na empresa, vale alimentacao, plr, plano de saude e odontologico)
Cons
Nada a declarar.
I wanted to wait awhile before responding to Indeed's requests for feedback. I hoped that after all the dust settled, I would have gained some perspective on my time with Johnson Controls. This is just one person's opinion and you can choose to take as you wish. JCI has three domains; Fire, HVAC & Security. I have nothing but good things to say about the people I met, spoke & worked with from the Fire & HVAC sides of the house. To be fair, I'm only observing these departments from a distance. The same cannot be said for the Security side (formerly ADT & Tyco). It was apparent during the "all hands calls" that the HVAC & Fire domains paid the bills, and Security was the step child. Subsequently the training and information was focused to benefit them.The first few months were decent, mostly training videos and a few opportunities to shadow with my tenured colleagues. Finally received my company car (that you pay $240 for) after 6 weeks. I really enjoyed getting out and meeting the clients in my territory. The formal training focused heavily on sales techniques and the sales process and touched briefly on the product offerings and skimmed the programs/software we would be using to conduct daily business (writing proposals/estimates & booking jobs). The programs were old and always locking up, you'd never know if it was something you did or if it was the program. There was definitely a learning curve to the aged software and only a few people that understood it enough to teach it. So, if you were fortunate enough to sell a job, it was next to impossible to get it booked and - more...
Pros
Flexible schedule, company car
Cons
Management, culture, pay and work life balance.
Bonne expérience dommages qu'il ont vendu la branche froid commercial.
Pros
Sens du partage evolution rapide
Cons
Vers la fin la communication
● Work-life balanceWork work work- no life● Pay & benefitsBottom of the industry● Job security and advancementMicro Management - keep their foot on your neck● ManagementAll about the politics here● CultureYou’re expected to compromise your own integrity and character to accounts. All about generating revenue even when work wasn’t performed● OverallI don’t recommend working here. Turnover rate very high. Company has no culture and no one addressed the problems. Everyone just looks the other way right or wrong