Johnson Controls
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,441 reviews
Worthwhile experience and you are updated with latest industry technologies. Trainings are provided whenever necessary. It is a company with high level of ethical standard. Work is challenging as you will be involved in all aspects of the works. However, management structure changes very often and career promotion is less likely to be given.
many technical challenges managemnt is spportive and unbiased its a good place to learn promotions are available and tarining is substantial make sure to be on time
Pros
nice break room
Cons
a/c not working
Very competitive environment to work in. Good pay and benefits for those with at least five years of experience with the company. Does not carry lesson learned forward.
Pros
Good benefits and professional exposure
Cons
No real D&I results
No place for advancement, Pay not great, empty promises from management, no life-work balance, point system is flawed, supervisors don’t know what they’re doing, no proper training, hard workers aren’t acknowledged, a lot of misinformation about covid
muy buena empresa bien estructurada, y con excelentes plan de desarrollo
Good benefits. Inconsistencies after merger, but they'll get that worked out. Good people. Fun place to work. The job could be done remotely, but they're reluctant to allow it. Many people are working from home due to Covid 19, so it's been proven to work. Hope this changes in the future.
Pros
Benefits, generous vacation
Cons
Efficient systems, but they seem outdated.
An okay job if you're only in it for the money. Not a great long term career move. You are micro-managed every minute you are there. Favoritism rules. If management doesn't like you, you will not survive.
Pros
Cons
Management, no communication
This company is terrible. You give your best 100% not good enough the goal is literally 128% efficiency. Therefore quality and safety are put aside.
Pros
Lots of ot big checks
Cons
No time to spend your money
I like working for Johnson Controls and the benefits are really good but the pay is below the industry average. The work life balance is good depending on the department. If you're hired to work in the shipping department work life balance is not good. You will work long hours and 6 days a week.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
As long as you do your job properly and within the company standard operating procedures you will have a job. The benefits are decent & your paycheck is always in your account on payday.
Pros
Minimal supervision, your expected to do your job and if you run into issues contact your supervisor.
Cons
No internal promotions, you must apply for a job to advance at least at administrative level.
Can be tough, very demanding customer base.

Different departments can become complacent which leads to other departments frustrations.

Good pay, ok benefits.
Everything is offshored. It takes days to settle simply HR problems. No onsite help available. You have to place job tickets for every issue in the HR field. They are moving operations all around the world. Not very progressive. Yet the CEO gets his due reward for cutting peoples jobs in the USA.
Pros
Cons
health insurance is not good. You have to pay the high deductible before insurance kicks in.
Johnson Controls is a great place to work, grow and advance, if you’re up to the challenge. I was surrounded by great people with a wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Many business responsibilities placed directly on you.
I’m thankful Johnson Controls gave me an opportunity. I didn’t make it through training because I called in sick. I don’t think I would’ve succeeded with the shift I was assigned.
Pros
Extensive training.
Cons
Broken microwaves in the break room. Strange work hours.
Too big and bureaucratic to really care and understand about the most productive employees. Senior management never really engaged with the field sales to understand what each local market really needed.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Johnson Controls it was very good to work there

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Johnson Controls are 12 an hour

Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at Johnson Controls, I think it was good security there

In general, managers at Johnson Controls good management

Collaboration with my colleagues at Johnson Controls is was great

Overall

My experience working at Johnson Controls was great
Don’t take the job, your just a number to them.
They expect you to travel to other offices but refuse to let you work from home.

The company has a no tolerance for harassment but did nothing when a manager harassed me for a year before covid hit and I was laid off.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Johnson Controls offers an environment of dedicated and highly experienced professionals who are welcoming and happy to share their knowledge. Management invites all team members to reach out with questions, concerns, suggestions, and ideas.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, pay, culture
Cons
Covid-19 job losses
You have a lot of nice people to be around and people are willing to help you with any activity or anything that you need help in the building to help you get around and move and do what's good about the company the company is a good place and I will not have weather continue to working there
Cons
Great company to work for. It’s a great for advancement and to learn new position. Supervisors very supportive in every aspect of your employment. Not only you worked at Johnson Control, but their would be times that you had to work on the production floor at the Ford Company adjusting seats or fixing them on the assembly line while the vehicle were moving.
I really didn't care for the management, they aren't on top of things for being a big business, no communication. If they cared more for their employees rather than other things.
Pros
Short lunch, nasty food
Cons
great benefits