Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,034 reviews

Need great management & Communication skills

Understand the job before making changes, learn your employees weakness and strengths. The hours are long so learn how to manage your time. Make sure you are well rested to give it your all everyday.

Management should stick to managing and keep out of individual projects. They try to win with the project team. They don’t realize how unhappy the project team is with them and that is why they can not find good people.

Pros

Flexible time.

Cons

Management does not understand what needs to be done.

Good company

Was a good company to work for. I wouldn't have left but I moved and my position wasn't able to be remote. I think they tried to support their employees and seemed to care.

Pros

Good pay, fair management

Decent place

Decent place to work, pay sucks, hard hours, lots of good people that work there though and you make a ton of lifelong friend that you will never forget there.

Pros

Security, plenty of hours

Cons

Pay, over worked

Jacobs is only about making their next dollar

Simply put jacobs makes employees certain they are no more than a number. Asinine covid policies that leave employees with no leave when they need it. Management only around five minutes before any break time to ensure you aren’t stopping a minute early. Told to use overhead cranes till they break rather than spend any money on proper maintenance.

Pros

Better than average pay

Cons

Hostile work environment

Good People, Zero Management support

Can't say I don't love working at the facility, the people that do the work are great! Management behaves in a do as I say and not as I do, treated like a teenaged brat even. If you want work there is no shortage of damaged aged equipment, so definitely job security if you are into that...

Pros

Lots of exposure, and interesting projects

Cons

zero management support

Great Experience

Jacobs has great management, great pay, and wonderful workplace culture. Everyone is understanding. Of course, you are expected to do your work but if you are struggling don't be afraid to ask for help. I worked remotely, it was an early shift but for me it was convenient.

Pros

Flexibility, pay, benefits

Cons

Decent company with decent benefits

One of the better government contracting companies out there with decent benefits and inclusive culture. Only complaints have to do with the contract, not Jacobs as a whole

gewoon een nummer ben je

ze proberen je te misbruiken langs alle kanten ze proberen je letterlijk figurlijk te kloten dat is jacobs vals

Pros

nul

Cons

dat wel maar als chaufeur ben je er zelden of nooit

Good company and pay

Good culture, work life balance, and compensation. Easy to get lost in such a large company, though. There’s a cool kids club and if you’re not part of it, you likely won’t advance much.

Horrible Company to work for.

Jacobs does not care about their employees at all!!! All they care about is money. I will never work for this company again. Benefits are horrible. Pay is horrible. Management is horrible. HR is horrible

Gone totally woke

Pros- Above-market salary- Flexible schedule- Cutting-edge tools- Well respected by Wall StreetConsFocus on culture change in last few years has led to an aggressively secular progressive cultural environment. Intense focus on dividing people into respective demographic employee network groups or training you to be an "ally". Communications both internal and external increasingly focused on cultural events and causes championed by the left. If you have even slightly conservative or traditional values, just beware."Future of work" remote environment creates additional challenges in team productivity and do not account for individual situations.Growth through acquisitions can create opportunities, but also an environment of constant change.Advice to ManagementUnderstand the "inclusive" culture excludes some, but also realize that may be by design.

Pros

Above-market salary, flexible schedule, cutting-edge tools, well-respected by Wall Street

Cons

Secular progressive cultural environment, dividing people into respective demographic employee network groups or training you to be an "ally", focused on cultural events and causes championed by the left

SETA contractor with great people

Great Experience multiple traveling jobs OCONUS...Grandfathered on new contract keeping 11 years of seniority and PTO accumulation. Gave watches for 15 years of service

An average company that provide support for large government organizations.

This company provides support for large government organizations. The money is usually tight and it's difficult to get basic office supplies. The salaries are low compared to other large companies. Usually there is too much work for one person and the organization is shorthanded.

Gran empresa

Excelente ambiente, buena tecnología, capacitación

Pros

Buen sueldo

Cons

Ubicaciones

lack of support when contract ended

lack of support when contract ended. company just let you go and will not help you find new job. leadership cares more about making money with new contract with government, technical stuff and people is not priority.

Used to be amazing place to work but...

Old managements ruined company pretty bad but new managements try their best to bring it back to great company again.I really enjoyed working here and always proud to be one of the Jacobs employees but honestly I don't feel my job secured anymore...You can learn a lot of things and Jacobs have amazing people to work with.

Pros

Flexibility, Fair compensation/benefits, Good employees

Cons

Job security

Not a good place to work and lack of communication

Showing up for work and doing your job gets you fired! This employer has too much drama in the workplace. You can not plan to come to work and say nothing to avoid the drama here. There seems to be a lack of communication between new hires and upper management. People are sleeping; face timing and using tic toc and leaving when they want to. New hires get the blame for that other person's incomplete work. You will get in trouble for asking to address the other employees because "They dont need to work hard." Wrongful termination with no actual reason and personally I would not want to work in a place where you are not liked from day one. The employees dont like new hires here and will blame you for their wrongdoings.

It's ok

It's ok, you work on whatever is available. Not the best culture but pay and benefits are ok. I think you can work in a group that is awesome and another one that is not that great. It just depends on the different departments.

Great place to work I love it! Great benefits and work life balance is great as well I would recommend working for them to anyone. The union helps as well.

Ok place to work

Great pay but the turnover can get high at times due to client needs. I would recommend Jacob’s in the future for employment. Great place to learn and grow!!

Pros

4/10 schedule

Cons

Benefits were not up to par with other companies in the same industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
1.8K

• Jacobs
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?