Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,193 reviews

Need great management & Communication skills

Understand the job before making changes, learn your employees weakness and strengths. The hours are long so learn how to manage your time. Make sure you are well rested to give it your all everyday.

Interesting work with some great people

Interesting projects, great interaction between project team members. Some projects are more challenging and interesting than others. Project backlog very conti gent on client plans, especially in the pharmabio world. Don't get too comfortable

Pros

Great colleagues, interesting work

Cons

Management weak, work stability is iffy at best, relies heavily on clint plans which can change quickly

What is the best part of working at the company?Loved the support and the people I worked with. Excellent benefits too!!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Don’t remember any stress. Open communication and being on the same page with our customer was key!!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment and culture was great. No complaints really.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Wow that was almost 10 years ago. Typical day was checking my email, following up on orders, updating and communicating with our customers, placing orders if need be, reviewing purchase orders, possibly updating data in my spreadsheet, maybe running reports.

Poor site management

The senior leadership on site was not great. They were extreme micromanagers, stingy with raises, and inflexible. Additionally, they frequently rewarded bad behavior from underperforming employees.

Good work life balance and many types of opportunities

I worked as a process designer at Jacobs. The work-life balance that the managers encouraged at Jacobs was quite decent, although of course there were days which required a longer than average workday. There were often lunch and learns and company update events where a lot of good food was provided. I think the best thing about Jacobs is the wealth of opportunities working here can provide. There are so many departments in so many countries that you could eventually decide to work in a different department somewhere entirely different if you wanted to. And they are quite supportive of this as well.

Good Place to work

Best company to work and enjoy the personal time. You learn team work. The management is supportive and helps you to find the alternative upon completion of existing assignment. Stay long to grow far...

Diversity and progressiveness are the biggest positives

Diversity and progressiveness are the biggest positives. But that's at very high levels. They've acquired many companies and I belong to one of those. The Jacobs culture hasn't penetrated here yet and it's same old boys who run this place.

Pros

Diversity and progressiveness are the biggest positives

Lackluster

Nice group of employees, but poor internship opportunity. I was thrown into the group with nothing for me to do, thus leaving me sitting at a laptop all day long.

Company is very Good.

Company is very good to work. I have been here for 4 years & have done multi tasks proficiently. The project management have also supported me to elevate with the skills, training & development.

Pros

Bus fare free

Cons

No Lunch

Productive and good workplace

Multicultural team, Professional Engineering Company, Relationship based sales, you have to fill your time sheet every Friday, Open space environment.

Pros

Corporate Training are amazing

Cons

employees rotation is high

Terrible pay. No advancements. Managers are terrible

Overall just a terrible place to work. No room for advancements, and even if you do manage to move up, the pay scale is not relative to the work you will be doing. General attitudes between employees/managers is terrible. Many disgruntled employees who work had everyday but aren't receiving proper compensation. Not to mention they did not give us a holiday/end of year bonus this year... thanks jerks.

Pros

Free low budget pizza party if everyone gets disgruntled enough and threatens to quit.

Cons

Interesting technologies with experienced coworkers

Minimal mentorship during internship, cliquey environment of veteran coworkers, and no desire to help young interns grow. Would often bring up their desire for someone who didn’t need assistance with tasks (even though I was an intern).

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Negative attitudes in the work environment

Great Place to work

Everything is good about this company. The ambience of the office is such that you love being to office. It is ensured that you are comfortable at your work station. Great project and team.

Pros

Free transport, Sports event, cultural event, party, outings

Good pay, poor scheduling

Jacobs is a friendly company to work for, but they could benefit from a better scheduling system for their fieldwork employees. Often work/personal life would overlap.

Eh

Jobs is pretty chill, pay isn't. Good pto and holiday pay though. Good insurance too. Management is very stingy when it comes to pay increases. Ford management is good though.

great staff.

i worked a shut down for the company, i enjoyed my time there. i learned a lot about the site, and the job. there is a lot of learning to do in the payroll world and this was a great first step.

Pros

great community of people.

Cons

shutdown hours.

Good pay/benefits, very unreliable IT

My only issues at this company stemmed from their unreliable IT. On day one they had to issue me a second email address because they messed up setting up my first one, but then a lot of other company accounts were locked to that account, causing me to either miss important alerts or not be able to use them at all. Other than that, no issues with Jacobs.

Great company!

I've been with Jacobs for 11 years. I was picked up by them on a government contract after my previous employer lost the re-compete. Jacobs has been solid. They have a high level of integrity. I've never once been asked to cheat the system in any form or fashion. It was never even hinted at. They are very good and staying on the honest path and really give you a lot of training on it. My leadership has almost always been great. There was one manager that was bad, but they all can't be perfect. Generous PTO allowance however health insurance is pretty expensive. Working on GOV contract, hours are great. It's strictly forbidden to work OT. 8 hours and I go home. Probably the area that needs the most improvement is benefit/travel support. Submitting for training reimbursement (which they provide) is never the same process twice. It's always disorganized and always requires help from a person. We always get that help but lately it takes longer as they try to funnel people through the online system. It was far better when I could just e-mail a local rep and they put me on the path. Salary has been good however lately it's not keeping up with the market. Getting my team proactive retention raises look a long time. But they did do it so I give them credit for it.

Pros

Integrity, no long hours, Pto

Cons

Cumbersome reiembursement system

Work balance

Professional, good work environment. Had social groups to enhance teamwork. Had core hours to work but flexible and required some travel to other offices or work sites.

Sub-Par compensation causes high turnover.

Jacobs takes your overtime hours and converts it to straight time if you take a PTO vacation or sick day off in that week. This was never the case during any of the contractors during the Shuttle era. Due to this, and lower than average pay scales, Jacobs has degraded the once-great NASA contractor work environment to a training ground for newbies off of the street. The experienced people usually leave for Blue Origin or other contractors. Hopefully the new NASA COMET contract won't be awarded to Jacobs.

Pros

fringe benefit that allows you to take funds if you don't use the benefits.

Cons

Grossly sub-par pay scale for the current Space Coast.

Its alright

Its okay. learned a good amount. people are okay. job is okay and the work amount is okay. i hope to see it more stable for others and hopefully a lot more work.

Pros

okay

Cons

okay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits