JPMorgan Chase

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Showing all 16,892 reviews

A good place to start a IT career

I have logged in over 4 years under Randstad Technologies as a Site Engineer. It is a good first IT job for anybody trying to get in the field and develop experience. The position deals more with hardware and cabling with light amounts of administrative work. The management are great. The workplace culture is also great. You learn a great deal about Data Center practices and procedures if your looking to expand your knowledge on the administrative side then you won't get much here. The work has a high demand for detail. It helps if you are proactive as well. The work/life balance can be poor if you are relying on this job as your main income and you have family. It does pay below the local market for the similar positions in my area. The environment is mostly relaxed.

Pros

insurance, benefits

Cons

below market wage, work stability

great working environment and compensation

I stayed with the company for 5 yrs. They really uphold their core values. The management is great and they recognize employees' effort and skills. Given a different situation I would never resign from JP Morgan.

Productive and Great benefits

Great pay, great vacation package, I would definitely recommend working here. Work life balance is impeccable. Compensated extremely well for the work that is expected of you.

Mediocre.

They don’t pay well, but I was able to grow within the company but even with the growth I don’t feel I was paid fairly. The benefits are really good.

Pros

Benefits and Vacation

Cons

Compensation

Call center micromanagement

It’s a call center so they track everything you do down to the second and heavily micromanage when and how long breaks are, how long your calls should be and score your overall performance from 0-5 every month and if you underperform for a few months you’re terminated. You’re glued to a desk for your whole shift but I guess all these things are expected from a call center job. The benefits were great and you get a lot of paid time off.

Pros

Benefits/ PTO

Cons

Heavily micromanaged

Great Place for Project Managers

Every department varies but I have to say, coming from someone who's had TERRIBLE experiences in banking/corporate, JPM really does set the bar high with their inclusive, developmental workplace morale. In my short time here (< 1yr) I've been promoted from Contract to FTE, made so many connections and have gained MULTIPLE sponsors and mentors. Management truly does listen to their employees. They welcome innovative thought processes and adapt to change pretty well. from a job market perspective, they pay WELL compared to other competitors.

Overall Good Company

Decent salary and annual bonus structure, along with positive culture. Not happy about having to log onto a teller window when we are short staffed, which is common.

Great Corporation but Subpar Pay

I truly enjoy the Chase culture but if you’re an internal employee you’re better off leaving the company and coming back as an external candidate. Externals make substantially more money doing the same work as their internal peers. That’s a very backwards way of retaining talent.

Great work environment, positive and outgoing staff, ability to further your education

I enjoyed working with JP Morgan Chase very much. I learned a lot, professional co-workers, ability to further education and great benefits. They are a very large company with plenty of room to grow and expand your career.

Overall very good company

I enjoyed my 15 years there. Internal on-site management was great. It's the NYC corporate executives that are greedy and look out for their 8 figure compensation and stock holder needs. With that said nearly all big companies suffer from unfettered greed at the top.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Offshoring jobs, executive greed

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JPMorgan Chase?

Greed

JPMORGAN Chase doesn't care about their employees or customers at all. Their goal is just to get as much money as possible from their local demographic community and they will fire employees for their own ancient systems failing to work.

Fun place to work

Temp assignment to short only 2 months when it's peak season but a great place to work only bad is sometimes the supervisors can speak better to employees.

Pros

Great pay!

Cons

Temp assignment to short

Stable, progressive career

Great place to work; great pay and benefits; supportive leaders; collaborative teams; career mobility; wonderful amenitues esp at the new building near Uptown; yearly increase; performance bonus; 14th month pay for associates

Pros

Free parking, retirement pay

Great firm, but pay is weak compared to the market

The firm is all about their clients, but the firm's people are not treated well. The firm goes above and beyond to take care of wellness, but upper management is so removed from middle layers.

Development

If your serious about this job you could develop very well. Lots of benefits. Lot of sales are needed and as well as calling. Pay is decent. If you have a good team it will be easier.

Pros

Development

Great benefits

Learned a lot during my time at Chase and made life long friends. Work life balance was fine for me but definitely not the same for others in other departments.

Productive and we have Sport Fest

Work life balance here in JPMorgan Chase. I love working, my superior are very supportive in what goal you want to achieve while you are working in Chase.

Pros

Sometime they have free lunch whenever we have to finish our work to meet the deadlines

Good pay, horrible environment

It is a call center, and the management is a mix of some that care, are helpful and want you to succeed, and then there is that one person, who is a horrible human being. Belittling their team if they don't meet the productivity down to the millisecond, micromanaging like a boss! That is why they pay as well as they do, it is compensation for the mental loss of your soul you will feel.

Becoming less people focused

The firm has great DE&I values and has pockets where people are innovative, energized, and do a great job. There are some areas that require significantly more in people and tech investments than the seniors are willing to commit. This creates a lot of risk, and they depend too heavily on great people to solve for the lack of resources. This risk will go up until funding priorities change. They should pay the experienced staff much better to prevent losing all the talent.

Pros

The people who work here are extremely intelligent and innovative.

Cons

Too few resources - teams are cut thin and tech improvements take too long to implement

Great Company

I loved the company when I first started 6 years ago but recently in the last couple of years that I have voiced out about growing within the company I have been shut down and been given excuses

Pros

Amazing team

Cons

If you are good at several tasks, you are technically doing the job of 2 or 3 for little pay and without the title

So many growth opportunitiesSo much training availableIt's a fast pace environment

Over all chase is a good companyThe benefits are great and the longer you stay the better the benefits are example growth opportunities.The only one thing I wish I could change would be the outsourcing of the medical leave and assistance from the help desk. From experience these companies does not treat the employees the way that Chase employees are to treat the customer.

Benefits

Cons

Constant change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits