InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 2,869 reviews
Bad Management
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bay, DohaNovember 17, 2019
very badly managed hotel and the management is very poor. no job security unless you have someone influential up. too much of politics. the working environment is very bad.
Working with IHG
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Doha , QatarOctober 4, 2019
IHG is one of very few international hotel chains that really takes care of their employees. Though the salaries may not be the best in the industry but one can expect a stable job and one can build career with the company.
IHG has many Training programs that help an employee to hone leadership skills and grow with organization. However working conditions also depends on how professional owning company is. I really enjoyed working with IHG.
it was good.
Senior Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 26, 2019
It was great pleasure to work in IHG. I had got many opportunities to learn about the Leadership skills. Our working environment was multi cultures. The most things i like about the IHG group is training programs, carrier opportunities and Costumer service etc.
Security guards or housekeeper
Security guards (Former Employee) –  Qatar Intercontinental hotelJune 21, 2019
- I like the company time hours
-i like the company uniforms
-i like the company's rules and regulations
-no talking about food tastes
-and about who work here very seriously and sincerely.
Fun and learned a lot about hotel as a first timer working as hotelier
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doha QatarMay 14, 2019
Give me a lot of opportunity and career growth. As a first timer working in hotel I have learned a lot and it helps me in terms of financially. I owe my career growth in this company.
The Joyful Intercontinental life
Outlet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DohaApril 6, 2019
Very nice place to work with a lot of support and guidance to be better , i have started here as a minibar attendant and within 3 years i have gor 2 promotions to be an outlet supervisor .

i have learned much about team work and how to fit to any team fast regardless nationality,religion or language .

the hardest part of my job is we are always busy in the public holidays so we can not celebrate much .

but at the other hand when we celebrate we are making our own holiday with too much fun .
Pros
free meals, free accomodation
Cons
one hour break, one day off weekly, medical insurance and 2 minutes away accomodation
Luxus és business egy helyen
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 4, 2019
Fantasztikusan sokszínű csapat és kiváló vezetőség, akik folyamatosan fejlesztik munkavállalóikat.
Team work, passion
Assistant HR & Training Manager (Former Employee) –  QatarFebruary 24, 2019
work as one team helpful nice idea to be shared nice location and benefits learning new skills meeting new people good work environment with and nice staff and helpful we are like one family the company also have a large experience in engineering industry so I learn a new way of work and meet a new people in the industry
Good company and very good experience
Stewarding Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 23, 2018
I am working with good experience management and good team .and nice hotel industry one of the best company in the world . Intercontinental was good experience with me.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Break time and working hours also flexible
Friendly staff and Gym complete equipment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doha, QatarNovember 12, 2018
Good hospitality service and good workplace with variety food in cafeteria.Friendly staff with good facility in Gym, Cafeteria and good staff accomaodation
Pros
with free midnight snacks
Cons
1hour break, 50%discount in F&B outlets, healthcard
Dynamic and goal-oriented, professional with 14-years experience in Food & Beverage, Customer oriented , Communicative and Leadership skills, seeking
Food and Beverage Operation Manager / Golf Club (Current Employee) –  DohaNovember 9, 2018
plan your day very well
adaptation
leadership skills
team spirit
doing a large outside catering for large company and result of a great revenue of the hotel such as family fun day
Pros
freem meal
Cons
short breaks
InterContinental Hotel is such a nice company, this is my first job and I learnt alot here.
VIP Waitress (Former Employee) –  Qatar DohaNovember 6, 2018
InterContinenal Doha the City is one of the best hotel in the word. I was work as a VIP waitres at Club lounge for 1 year an 5 months and I learned a lot since my first time job ever. I learned how to be a responsible person and know how to organized the things and to manage your time, team work is one important thing and communicate all the time to your colleagues.
Pros
Free everything
Cons
9 working hours
SECURITY TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  qatarNovember 5, 2018
I need to make deployment of guards according to client requirement and need to visit all location to make sure guards performance.

need to check all staffs accommodation.
Pros
breakfast and lunch
Fruitful 5 years
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  DohaOctober 26, 2018
Successfully completed 5 plus years bought best Housekeepers award & Highly commended Housekeeper award for this icon property .
With team efforts raised the guest , team & quality audit scores . Very happy with all what u had done in this property .
A good and nice place to work
Upholstery Technician (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAAugust 3, 2018
A very funtastic place to work with, good team support from management / co-workers. I had lot of opportunities to learn many new jobs during my stay in intercontinental hotel doha qatar.
Pros
Free food and accomodation
Productive not so fun workplace. no proper amenities like gym
Spa Supervisor/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  DohaJune 15, 2018
Our hotel is just near the accommodation just a 5- 6min walk. we have meals 3 to be exact per day but our food in the cafeteria is bad. We have gym but mos tof the equipments are not useful. Management is nice but HOD's are not that nice anyway its tolerable. I am quite okay here but I needed new task new challenge to improve myself more and to be an asset of the company too!
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No Insurance and No Healthcare
fun work place
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  dohaMay 29, 2018
9 working hours,management was good always willing to help and guide when needed .the hotel was a business/leisure
working with people from around the world
Intercontinental hotel doha is a fun and good traning ground for hoteliers
Food and beverage captain (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 27, 2018
At first i was surprise of the culture as a filipino im a liitle bit shock about government rules here at middle east, qatar was not that tight but still strictly following to thier culture, as a first timer to work outside my country i have some challenges on working with different kind of nationalities but as time goes by i learn how to collaborate with thier attitude and work professionaly with any kind of races, i was amazed by people around me and use it as a tool to have an inspiration to help me grow to my carreer, keeping my self on the line, in the know and doing the right things everyday and luckily my hardwork pays with a employee of the month award on dec 2015 and earn my first promotion as a food and beverage captain last 1st september, i was so happy and proud that im a part of ihg company
Pros
Free food, free accomodation
Cons
Long hours, no overtime pay
There is a great opportunity to grow.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Doha QatarMay 20, 2018
As an employee, you have a great chance to grow on your chosen career. The management is giving any employee a chance to train in other department in which they think they fits on.
Pros
Free Board and Lodging
Cons
Long Hours
Nice work place
Kids Entertainer and Waitress (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 14, 2018
I learened to work independently and Work Hard.,And having a good relationship with the guests.,and to be a good employee..,And I learned to manage the problem.
Pros
Free, accommodation, transportatio
Cons
Free Food not Good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2