IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Qatar92 reviews

Found 92 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,659 reviews

Supportive and promotes talent management. Collaborative environment with strong company culture. Invests in its talent and with well structured process system. Well known brand an employer can be proud of.

nice environment to work

intercontinental doha the city nice view hotel in doha but because of poor management staff always resigning and going

Pros

free meals

Cons

9hours

I enjoy my work, every job i take as a challenge and i love it

None of the people in the world can say i never had a typical day at work even i had some time mostly after the vacation when i join duty for 2 to 3 days. With Intercontinental Doha I learned a lot This hotel given me opportunity to move from food and beverage to sales and marketing with the help of I-Grad Management training program. under the management training I learned about the all hotel departments. my co workers are very supportive they always motivate me and encourage me for the right path and the good part is they are always share good and bad experience with me. The hardest part of job when i start doing any new thing and i am aware that this thing i have to do it alone so prepare myself accordingly and after doing it for some time suddenly i feel that i learnt new thing. I enjoy doing new things and learning new things.

its an good experience.

i learned now more than enough that what i wanted to be. I'm working as a team member but actually i worked before in same position in India before 2 yrs.& i worked as captain as well in two properties.so it wasn't new for me,these things i already used to do but got some new experience new standard,got to learn lots of new things,such as specially handling restaurant bar, specially enjoyed to work in busy period like Thursday night & Friday brunch having always busy with some nice alcoholic packages. staff is always great. specially friday we work like 14 hrs & next day mrng.its part of service industry that there is no fix timing for going but at least can expect overtime. management is good not bad,having training.

Pros

celebrate the events

Cons

its fine

beneficial

It was the 2nd job I hold in my working experience life. I learned so many things. the hardest part is dealing with different customers and people from very different cultures and nationalities, however it was the most enjoyable part for me as well.

Very good Location but Very Poor Management

The property has a very good location and view, but unfortunately the hotel management are very poor and do not care about the hotel standards or guest satisfaction.

Pros

Accommodation, Transportation

Cons

very poor salaries, shortage of staff

good place to work

physically challenging job but same time its fun as well, my manager that time she was very supportive.

unique experience and fun working place

to work in intercontinental Doha is really a great experience to my life, I meet different people everyday and to know them and interacting with them all the time making me experience about life. management are really supportive and guiding their staff for better future. most importantly we work with different people from different countries and to learn their culture and tradition.

Pros

accomodation, meal, laundry, transportation, free wifi

Productive during pick season and fun place during service week.

A typical day at our company is meeting guest needs, and making a memorable experience for each one of them. I have learned how to relate well with guest as well as relating together with my colleagues. The management try very hard to maintain a great team work and healthy atmosphere for everyone. The hardest part is the pick season where everyone works tirelessly long hours with no off. The most enjoyable part of the job is service week where people get to express their talents and being recognized and appreciated.

prodactiv and fun place

There is a sprinkler busted at crossroad kitchen restaurant it was 5 pm in the evening and next day morning have a breakfast event party on this restaurant and I have to refit the ceiling and repair repainted the hole kitchen ceiling. I did it complete before next day morning but it was a typical day for me.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

health care

Great hotel that you can gain with great experience as well.

im working 8 hours a day from 9am til 6pm 6 days a week. I've learned to deal with costumers gives them what they want exceed their expectations, i've also learned how to make drinks such as mocktails and coktails. I have a great collegues that will always help you whenever you needed help. The hardest part of my job is only the weather outside because its very hot but i can still handle it. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you see the guest that they are very satisfied on your service and you will see them coming back just to see you.

Providing more training

Working in a company that provides more training is very helpful and it will increase your knowledge. I had learned a lot about safety and security.It was interesting work because it was different and I was learning useful skills. My boss was willing to instruct and I was willing to learn.I am working with helpful colleagues.Hardest part of the job is follow ups specialy if nobody are interested to do their task.most enjoyable part of the job are working better together.

Pros

free food, free transportation and accomodation.

Cons

accommodation was located out of the city and its not accessible on everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits