IHG Hotels & Resorts logo

Qatar91 reviews

Clear
3.7Job Security & Advancement

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,437 reviews

Great hotel company,amazing culture with best management.

I joined as a team member and with all my hard work, patience ,responsible behavior got promoted to food & beverage captain.Since joining till the last working day enjoyed at work and accommodation .Best Values and Support are felt.I highly suggest IHG Hotels & Resorts to start your hotel management career with as i feel its very much worthy to spent your valuable time.IHG promise i.e. room to be yourself is really promising as it really makes you feel that you are getting best platforms.

They respect all the Culture.

I was very happy to work in IHG brand. It was the first carrier journey for me also. I got many opportunities to learn so i would like to thank the company.

General Overview

Intercontinental Hotel Group is an hospitality type of industry business, it was my first time to work in this sector of industry ,the professionalism and Experience at IHG is of that high Standards beyond my expectations. The Guest Experience at IHG is highly welcomed and Fulfilled by the brand promise, it is really a nice place to achieve our Goals.

Excellent Place to Learn

Excellent place to work and learn. IHG is a fast pace company which provides a lot of room to grow. Its T&D department is full of new courses in all fields.

management

the management in the companies help the staff to grow up for the next position by training. in the work u like to work due to challenge attend you due to the busy operation.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Very challenging all the task but i'm so thankful because i really do those challenges that i experienced in intercontinental hotel. Thank you to be a part of your team waitress. Godbless!

working in qatar alomost 17 year s

To seek a challenging and responsible position in an esteemed organization where I will have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to business growth and to active personal development and career advancement. I have skill in total operation, maintenance, Manage skills by assigning jobs and follow for completion of jobs with full supports as strong team leader

Bad Management

very badly managed hotel and the management is very poor. no job security unless you have someone influential up. too much of politics. the working environment is very bad.

Good and satisfied

I worked for one year in intercontinental hotel as a bell boy and also in front desk.they gave me the good position in the front desk as a job trainee for one month

Working with IHG

IHG is one of very few international hotel chains that really takes care of their employees. Though the salaries may not be the best in the industry but one can expect a stable job and one can build career with the company. IHG has many Training programs that help an employee to hone leadership skills and grow with organization. However working conditions also depends on how professional owning company is. I really enjoyed working with IHG.

Jobs at IHG Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

it was good.

It was great pleasure to work in IHG. I had got many opportunities to learn about the Leadership skills. Our working environment was multi cultures. The most things i like about the IHG group is training programs, carrier opportunities and Costumer service etc.

Security guards or housekeeper

- I like the company time hours -i like the company uniforms -i like the company's rules and regulations -no talking about food tastes -and about who work here very seriously and sincerely.

Fun and learned a lot about hotel as a first timer working as hotelier

Give me a lot of opportunity and career growth. As a first timer working in hotel I have learned a lot and it helps me in terms of financially. I owe my career growth in this company.

The Joyful Intercontinental life

Very nice place to work with a lot of support and guidance to be better , i have started here as a minibar attendant and within 3 years i have gor 2 promotions to be an outlet supervisor . i have learned much about team work and how to fit to any team fast regardless nationality,religion or language . the hardest part of my job is we are always busy in the public holidays so we can not celebrate much . but at the other hand when we celebrate we are making our own holiday with too much fun .

Pros

free meals, free accomodation

Cons

one hour break, one day off weekly, medical insurance and 2 minutes away accomodation

Team work, passion

work as one team helpful nice idea to be shared nice location and benefits learning new skills meeting new people good work environment with and nice staff and helpful we are like one family the company also have a large experience in engineering industry so I learn a new way of work and meet a new people in the industry

Good company and very good experience

I am working with good experience management and good team .and nice hotel industry one of the best company in the world . Intercontinental was good experience with me.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Break time and working hours also flexible

Fruitful 5 years

Successfully completed 5 plus years bought best Housekeepers award & Highly commended Housekeeper award for this icon property . With team efforts raised the guest , team & quality audit scores . Very happy with all what u had done in this property .

Intercontinental hotel doha is a fun and good traning ground for hoteliers

At first i was surprise of the culture as a filipino im a liitle bit shock about government rules here at middle east, qatar was not that tight but still strictly following to thier culture, as a first timer to work outside my country i have some challenges on working with different kind of nationalities but as time goes by i learn how to collaborate with thier attitude and work professionaly with any kind of races, i was amazed by people around me and use it as a tool to have an inspiration to help me grow to my carreer, keeping my self on the line, in the know and doing the right things everyday and luckily my hardwork pays with a employee of the month award on dec 2015 and earn my first promotion as a food and beverage captain last 1st september, i was so happy and proud that im a part of ihg company

Pros

Free food, free accomodation

Cons

Long hours, no overtime pay

There is a great opportunity to grow.

As an employee, you have a great chance to grow on your chosen career. The management is giving any employee a chance to train in other department in which they think they fits on.

Pros

Free Board and Lodging

Cons

Long Hours

Greetings

To seek a challenging position in the hospitality field where I can contribute my skills to assist in providing quality service and to gain experience which will further my advancement. Also I have 14 years experience between Lebanon , Saudi Arabia and Qatar

its nice place to work

this is my first hotel in my hotel job feel i am starting work housekeeping as a public aria attended for four years that 4 years i am working time i am working as a acting public aria Supervisor then i am move to front office as a bellman

good