IHG Hotels & Resorts logo

Qatar91 reviews

Clear

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,437 reviews

management

the management in the companies help the staff to grow up for the next position by training. in the work u like to work due to challenge attend you due to the busy operation.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Very challenging all the task but i'm so thankful because i really do those challenges that i experienced in intercontinental hotel. Thank you to be a part of your team waitress. Godbless!

Having challenges is the best part of my work

Working with IHG is not easy... but once you learn hove to be a part IHG its easy. Learnt how to be a great leader and it makes me feel happy. And leading a outlet is challenging thats why I love it..

Bad Management

very badly managed hotel and the management is very poor. no job security unless you have someone influential up. too much of politics. the working environment is very bad.

it was good.

It was great pleasure to work in IHG. I had got many opportunities to learn about the Leadership skills. Our working environment was multi cultures. The most things i like about the IHG group is training programs, carrier opportunities and Costumer service etc.

Luxus és business egy helyen

Fantasztikusan sokszínű csapat és kiváló vezetőség, akik folyamatosan fejlesztik munkavállalóikat.

Team work, passion

work as one team helpful nice idea to be shared nice location and benefits learning new skills meeting new people good work environment with and nice staff and helpful we are like one family the company also have a large experience in engineering industry so I learn a new way of work and meet a new people in the industry

Dynamic and goal-oriented, professional with 14-years experience in Food & Beverage, Customer oriented , Communicative and Leadership skills, seeking

plan your day very well adaptation leadership skills team spirit doing a large outside catering for large company and result of a great revenue of the hotel such as family fun day

Pros

freem meal

Cons

short breaks

Fruitful 5 years

Successfully completed 5 plus years bought best Housekeepers award & Highly commended Housekeeper award for this icon property . With team efforts raised the guest , team & quality audit scores . Very happy with all what u had done in this property .

fun work place

9 working hours,management was good always willing to help and guide when needed .the hotel was a business/leisure working with people from around the world

Jobs at IHG Hotels & Resorts

See more jobs

Intercontinental hotel doha is a fun and good traning ground for hoteliers

At first i was surprise of the culture as a filipino im a liitle bit shock about government rules here at middle east, qatar was not that tight but still strictly following to thier culture, as a first timer to work outside my country i have some challenges on working with different kind of nationalities but as time goes by i learn how to collaborate with thier attitude and work professionaly with any kind of races, i was amazed by people around me and use it as a tool to have an inspiration to help me grow to my carreer, keeping my self on the line, in the know and doing the right things everyday and luckily my hardwork pays with a employee of the month award on dec 2015 and earn my first promotion as a food and beverage captain last 1st september, i was so happy and proud that im a part of ihg company

Pros

Free food, free accomodation

Cons

Long hours, no overtime pay

Achieving sales targets on phone

Trying to increase yearly memberships for privilege cards Communication with people on phone to make members with discount coupons and new benefits if any The hardest part was convincing people to become members and achieve targets The enjoyable part was getting to know more people

Pros

No benefits

Cons

There was no contract holidays were not fixed

Great Platform to learn more and grow more.

Be you and give your 100% don't wait for the results because it has to be great. IHG is a best place to work to gain more knowledge and it's a best place for the learning for the new team members.

Basketball

I work 9 hours daily, it was my first time to work with hotel industry but I learned a lot and important, how to talk properly to the people's f from around the world and different cultures, management is good, we work in the Arabic country and I really like their culture and how they know how to respect the people's and the different religions even if their Muslim, I enjoy my job because our hotel location, middle of the Doha city. It's very important and valuable to share this review to all employers.

Cons

Shortbreak

Basketball and other more events clean and green work shop

Im very happy from this company good people we learn the other culture and respect defferent nationally And they have event for collegeues to bring fun day

interesting work place

Working in Front office its all about challenge and fun , managing the team while they under pressure and meeting guest expectation , this makes me feel confident , self motivated .

Been a chef, what makes me proud and motivate Leading a team with Full guidance with passion Get the best out of Colleges, That has talent Celebrate Achievements of Every Success Think out of the Boxs, to impress costumer and inspire Work involvement Im ready For you Guys :)

Very good environment to work

when you plan every day work and achieve the plan . learned how should think ahead , solve the problem before it comes talking right , courage and hard decision manage many events in the same time and achieve great result after the events

apprendre des techniques culinaires

gestion d' une equipe et de temps...cette experience m'a permis d'accroitre mon potentiel et d' assurer un bon fonctionnement et de deroulement du travail..

Pros

rapidite du service

Cons

service commercial

Wonderful place to work

They care about their staff and the management is exemplary and the result, is happy customers and happy shareholders

Pros

Great Atmosphere, food, housing

Cons

Could get too hot

Am adaptable and flexible

we had a big event with shortage of manpower but we managed the way we could ad all ended well,what i learned from that day its that before any event starts its good to cordinate with sales team and know the weight of the event to avoid over working of the staff by deploying enough manpower.About management its depends with honesty and diversity of management but where i worked management was fine though challenges must be there.My co-workers were very coperative and that made us work better together we worked as a team.The hardest part of the job was when we hard a water leakage and we hard to stop all lift machines and convince the guests to wait for a while.I felt motivated when one of the guest recognised my job by informing my manager about how i usually conducted my duties and resposbilities,that day i realy enjoyed my job for being recognised.
  • IHG Hotels & Resorts