IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 31,697 reviews

best of my ability

overall best team performance, ability to co-operate in long call and any time in 24 hrs. done on hardware and software work. installation and configuration on system.

Pros

breakfast

Cons

short break

Good Pay no room for advancement

Good Pay. No room for growth for opportunities.Employee favoritism. Constant change in company rules and company organization Structure. Very little cross training provided in order to grow with the company.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

no room for advancement employee favoritism

boring

ok, slow pace but gives you good experience for the world. rest and best and continue on with your life. Don’t bother if looking for something motivating

awesome

awesome place to work, good studies, good people, good work environment, job safety and many good things. I like the company and I will work with them again.

Great culture with good work life balance

Great brand with huge opportunities. It all depends on the team and project you get mapped to. Sometimes you may feel lost in a particular account and very difficult to get changed. Do not expect any hike annually and try to get the maximum while joining.

Good company

Good company and good work with excellent colleagues, who work diligently to get things done for their clients. Need to focus on high value services and carve out a niche in a disruptive area within technology to stay relevant.

Overall not good in terms of hike

Pros:Good Work Life Balance,WFH opportunity,bluepoint policy is very goodCons:No monetary growth,very meagre hike and sometimes no hike at all,no promotions,management politics

Good

Good workspace good to be part of, managers are supportive and team is also good and helpful, cafetaria is nice and food is nice, they pay average salary and hike depends upon manager and average bonus as well.

Great for new grads

It is a good place to work for new grads, but if you don’t know how to be personable, it might be harder to move your way up. I’ve not been in the company for long; however, I have made a few connections through volunteering within the company. I did this at first because I was apart of the covid group who didn’t get much in person, but I wanted to meet the people I will be working with. The responsibility and the work I have received VS the other person who got hired with me in my department are very different as I made more effort with being interpersonal as well as work.Training can be a bit bland, but most training anywhere is. The certifications that are offered are amazing and something to take advantage of. If you do, it will also be easier for you to move into different departments within the company and even outside. When you get a project, and if you do before you complete all your speciality training, the hours will be longer without a doubt. All specialty training is required to be complete within 6 months of being hired, but you can get a project within the first month or two. Try not to fall behind. Life happens; however, if you are working on a project and trying to complete training, expect to work more than just you’re 9-5.Managers are understanding. I’ve personally been in the hospital a few times since being hired, and had to be on stronger medication. When I explained it to my manager, she did not put stress or pressure on me. She understood and was able to help me further. My colleague who got hired with me had the same situation happen to her, again -

Pros

Free lunch on Wednesday, people who work there are great, management works with you not against you.

Cons

Can be long hours if time management is not on your side

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Hay mucho apoyo por parte de los demás colaboradores para aprender y crecer

Good

Glad to work in the Project of Emptoris. Nice mangers which always motivates with energetic support.I worked in the module esoursing which always busy by RFX,RFQ'S

Pay

Need to pay as per the market standards. Career growth is not so good. Management don't take much responsible on the concern raised by the team member. Its just like a govt Job.

Cons

Salary

Environnement de travail de production

Le travail chez IBM vise l'excellence. Avec des pratiques de travail tres securitaire et de bonnes formation.

Fun and challenging

Fun and challenging and people are easy to work with. They have continues training ground for all employees. They are also very understanding with employees concerns.

Ótimas oportunidades

Tive grandes oportunidades de mudança de carreira e aprendizado na IBM. Essa empresa é uma grande escola e se voce está começando a carreira eu recomendo muito começar na IBM

Very Busy atmosphere, satisfying, Bad Zero Job Security.

Great Place to work while your there.When they lay you off Due to Company your supporting is leaving IBM support, no matter how good your ratings are, they don't help find or transfer you to another position with in the Company even if your a great fit.

Horrible experience

I worked for a company that was purchased by IBM. Within 5 years any trace of it besides the product was gone. I was a "valued employee" until I got too old, then my job was eliminated. Management was some of the most toxic I've ever worked for. Shifting targets and priorities made it impossible to succeed.

Pros

great cafeteria. Lots of training

Cons

Management, Company policies, "big brother" feel

Work culture is really awsome

Work life balance but with average salary. Management is helpful and provide work from facility to women employees or those who have constraints in travelling.

Pros

Work from home privilage

Cons

Salaries are average

Ótima empresa pra começar a carreira

Excelente empresa, renome no mercado, processos bem estabelecidos

flexible

Great company to work for and very flexible. The work environment was laid back and not a lot of micromanaging. Plenty of opportunities to move up in the company

Good compensation and advancement opportunities

It's good work, the pay and benefits are nice, and co-workers are helpful and productive. Just wish there was more on-hands training. There are a lot of opportunities for growth though in this company nonetheless.

Pros

Cafe, Snacks, Pay

Cons

Poor training, lack of accountability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • IBM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?