Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 64 reviews matching the search See all 8,905 reviews
Great place to work and grow
Marketing Communications Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 28, 2016
My typical day at Grand Hyatt Doha starts with getting the newspapers from Concierge. I go through the papers to see any mention of hotels, hotel adverts/promotions, anything hotel related from our competition. If our hotel has been featured in the paper, I cut out the clippings and share with the rest of Sales & Marketing team at a briefing meeting that takes place everyday.

There are four people in our marketing department, The Marketing Manager, myself (Graphic Designer), the Marketing Communications Executive and the Digital Marketing Executive. We work very closely together. Firstly I get a briefing for artwork from my boss - which can range from a magazine advert artwork, monthly newsletter, outlet promotional flyers, in-house collateral to pretty much anything that needs design or layout or has to go for printing.

I also work closely with the materials manager especially when having things printed or made outside such as newsletters, banners and media walls. I have a list of suppliers which I regularly use for different things. It makes life easier and they understand the brand and know what is required from them.

The hardest part of the job is when all the hotel outlets (restaurants) are doing their promotions and the request for artworks is increased. So I pretty much have to juggle with time and meet the deadlines of all the outlets without compromising the quality of designs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make a design and the reaction is "WOW". Its a great feeling.

Grand Hyatt Doha is an amazing place to work and grow.
Pros
Free meals, accommodation, healthcare, regular trainings, 2 days off, transport provided for, annual airticket
Cons
Shared accommodation, spouse cannot join me
Ambiente de Trabajo
Executive sous chef (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 28, 2016
Hago lo que me gusta, hacer esto es un estilo de vida y un gran placer
Hyatt es una empresa fenomenal en la cual aprendes muchisimo
a relacionarte con la gente, todo tipos de entrenamientos, reuniones. Promociones es diferentes hoteles como en Singapore, Turkia, Hong Kong....
los estandares, los beneficios, los directores
basicamente valoro a hyatt me manera global
Pros
Paquete expatriado
Cons
ninguna
More than a GSO
Senior Spa Guest Service Officer (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 9, 2016
The job description of each GSO is to do the check-in, check-out, welcome the guest and be to the expectations of the guest. As far as my journey is concerned, it is more or less different. My day start normally with checking all the areas in the Spa & Health Club facilities. I have to ensure that everything is up to standard and if there is any engineering issue, i have to report it immediately. I do check-out & check-in of the guest. As well, ensuring that the guest had a good service and if there is anything extra we can do for the guest. There is a lot of guest engagement involved which actually makes my day much better everytime. End of the month, i was in charged of the inventory of the spa & health club. Spa products, retails items, guest amenities and health club products had to be counted and reported to finance. It was my weekly task as well to update the roster of the Spa staff and to ensure that we do not lack manning over the whole week. Above these, departmental trainings as well were part of my duties. I had to prepare a departmental training plan for each new comer in the department. It was my monthly task as well to give trainings to the staff on a time to time basis such grooming trainings, telephone standard, room set up standard. i also at times conducted the daily briefing. Throughout these 2 years, i have learned a lot in terms of management position. i was involved in many projects in the spa such as the manicure & pedicure and lot more.
The hardest part of the job is mostly that there was no contribution and involvement from the upper management. Though
  more... some of the task had to be perform by Team Leaders, Managers or Directors, but at the end of the day, i find myself doing the job. True, that it is an opportunity to learn but i should say that everything i have learned was only during the first 6 months and after that it was all repeated work and nothing new. The sad part is there is no chance of having a better position though you give the best quality of performance.
My best part in this job was to make the guest happy. The engagement with guest made my day easier. They know how to appreciate the extra effort and if they are happy and satisfied with the services, that is what makes my job perfect. And i should say that all the efforts that i put in the job is for the guest because at the end of the day, they are the one who needs to be happy.
Regarding the co-workers, i must agree, it was much more easier that i thought it would be. It has been a loving time to be with almost 18 different nationalities, learning their cultures, and specially trying to understand their english. Each of my colleagues helped me to improve myself at work as an individual and as a leader.
Pros
accomodation, transportation, meals
Cons
poor salary, no opportunity for promotion or transfers, lack of communication between superiors and lower staff, too much pride from management, no service charge
demi chef de parte Banquet kitchen
Demi chef de parte (Current Employee) –  DohaSeptember 28, 2015
Banquet is very big operation in grand hyatt doha, banquet functions generating more revenue to grand hyatt hotel. various types of functions like wedding functions, set menu , kids party , gala dinner , corporate staff party.live counter experiennce like barbeque counter indian dosa counter ,tandoori live counter , burger counter ,shawarma counters , meat carving counters..Grand hyatt has second biggest ball room in doha . near to west bay.
the work is cool.
Demi chef de Partie - Isaan Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarSeptember 18, 2015
for this place. I can learn how to prepare food in the different ways and I know more how to work with other people. I know how the threat people in the different ways
Pros
free meal, free accomodation
Cons
work long hours
Good work place, nice enviroment
Commis Chef - Isaan Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarSeptember 18, 2015
I can learnt how to make Thai food in the different ways in the show kitchen. I learnt how to make sauce, butcher and prepare food for Banquet.
Pros
free meal, free accomodation
Cons
work long hours
I'm very Happy about my Duty
Security Officer in Grand Hyatt (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 12, 2015
I'm always doing night shift because i like night shift and my management was very happy for my passion. I learned lot of at Grand Hyatt hotel for my carrier and i worked with nearly 70 multi national staff in my work experience. The Hardest part of my job were is our hotel have largest ball room in Doha and we have weddings, meetings, conference and many more activities for that days we are very busy for handling Guest and there safety & valet parking. Most enjoyable part of the job is writing true reports for the management.
every thing available
(Pre-Opening), Qatar - Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 3, 2015
prefect experience
good development plan
improvement
all is more than perfect
all what i want say is Hyatt is good work experience in hotels industry
Pros
all perfect
Cons
enjoying work hours
gym club . ping pong table.swimming pool.
bartender and waiter (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 25, 2015
The work is starting from 5:00am. I am working in the breakfast time and lunch time 3 days in a week 2 days in evening time.In our restaurant 135cover. Breakfast is really busy but job is interesting cause so many people coming from different countries and it is plesuare to serve this guests. Management is very strict because of we have so many staff. My colleques from different countries and all this guys is very friendly and it is making our job easy and funny.
Pros
free food
Cons
we are working 10 hours and we have 2 days off in a week
Best Place to work
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 12, 2015
Hyatt is the best place to work,where they care to the employee, provide the better facilities, and the payment on time with satisfaction of staff.
Pros
free food and accomodation, transportation
productive and a learning hub for those who really want to grow.
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 6, 2015
I learn everyday, the work is challenging which inspires me to work and advance.
Learned to be more organised specially when u dont have enough skilled staff ( newcomers in industry) and taking charge of big events like brunch....which i m currently made in charge of..( menu planning with chef de cuisine, requisitions, inventory check ups, production and platings).
Managing more than 10 staff in absense of sous chef.
Co-workers are new to industry but are hard working and smart

I love my job but salary is a big hurdle.

we work through team and very much enjoy fun at work which shows on our face when we deal with guests. team is wonderful.
Pros
learning environment, good work place
Cons
salary
Hard work environment, but great place to learn and grow.
Assistant Outlet Manager - F&B (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 25, 2015
Meeting lots of people.
Long hours of standing, constantly on the move. But learning alot. Each day something new to do, to learn.
Pros
Great benefits. Decent Salary.
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment.
Mukticuturl and intresting people
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 4, 2015
A typical days at work is weekends and I learned to solve the problems with my team members. Management are uneasy to staff but understanding.My co-workers are my teams which I care and the hardest part of my job is when its to busy and create new ideas to solve the problems and last the most enjoyable part of the job is to be with the staff, training's and motivating them .
Pros
Accommodation
Cons
Sometimes its complicated to understand superior
Grand Hyatt Doha
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 12, 2014
Grand Hyatt Is best Hotel

When I was in Grand Hyatt I m fully Enjoy like Staff party
hi i
Qatar as Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 11, 2014
Grand hyatt doha really boost my knowledge and skills in my career to beome a professional chef.
Pros
good staffs
Cons
not enough facilities
Team work
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 5, 2014
I am joining in per-opening team . So hard to work but this is make me special for me. Team work , motivate, creative.
First I am working in Housekeeping and after 9 months promoted to housekeeping coordinator. After 2 year I am going to cross training in Material Department and join pre-opening new hyatt hotel in Abu Dhabi.
Productive work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 30, 2014
Poor organized management, low salary rate, overall a good experience with other cultures
Pros
Free lunches
Nice place to work with.
Guest Service Officer Front Office (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 22, 2014
Day used to start with checking for arrivals for the day .
Allocation of rooms, coordinating with housekeeping for the rooms, and also handling the preference of the guest.

I learn how to manage people and staff, Interaction with customers. Taking initiative in job. got to know hidden talent within me, that i can be a good speaker.

Supportive Management and co-workers.
every thing is okay
general maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  qatarOctober 4, 2013
every little steps i made in work station i see to it that i bein learn so much to that in the next generation it will be easy for me to understand although every day is pressure at work some and most of the time we have some priorities i stay in a good condition to calm down and to be focus,patient and hospitality sympathies making such decision which very helpful to the department giving some advice and good ideas provide a long term solution to a problem
my happiness at job is to success what was the project has been given and well done properly without any question of officers
hardest job is normal for me because working in engineering is you need more patient, flexible to face in every challenge and you should be strong i learned to handle a lot of jobs in every different department and communications of all times
Pros
free meals
Cons
only 30 min breaks and 10 hours of duty
Fun working with Arab women
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  QatarSeptember 7, 2013
I worked in different schedules. I did not stay working in this company very long because i needed to change location.The management gives more bonus when you work hard.My co-workers are Arab women with different nationalities:Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt and Sudan. They are interesting people, i enjoyed so much working with them. The hardest part of the job was when there were no customers coming in for we needed sales. But the most enjoyable part was when we get our bonuses from getting high sales. That means that the company is appreciating our hard work.
Pros
Free vacation ticket yearly
Cons
No free accomodation and transportation

54.2K