Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 59 reviews matching the search See all 8,360 reviews
Good work place, nice enviroment
Commis Chef - Isaan Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarSeptember 18, 2015
I can learnt how to make Thai food in the different ways in the show kitchen. I learnt how to make sauce, butcher and prepare food for Banquet.
Pros
free meal, free accomodation
Cons
work long hours
I'm very Happy about my Duty
Security Officer in Grand Hyatt (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 12, 2015
I'm always doing night shift because i like night shift and my management was very happy for my passion. I learned lot of at Grand Hyatt hotel for my carrier and i worked with nearly 70 multi national staff in my work experience. The Hardest part of my job were is our hotel have largest ball room in Doha and we have weddings, meetings, conference and many more activities for that days we are very busy for handling Guest and there safety & valet parking. Most enjoyable part of the job is writing true reports for the management.
every thing available
(Pre-Opening), Qatar - Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 3, 2015
prefect experience
good development plan
improvement
all is more than perfect
all what i want say is Hyatt is good work experience in hotels industry
Pros
all perfect
Cons
enjoying work hours
gym club . ping pong table.swimming pool.
bartender and waiter (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 25, 2015
The work is starting from 5:00am. I am working in the breakfast time and lunch time 3 days in a week 2 days in evening time.In our restaurant 135cover. Breakfast is really busy but job is interesting cause so many people coming from different countries and it is plesuare to serve this guests. Management is very strict because of we have so many staff. My colleques from different countries and all this guys is very friendly and it is making our job easy and funny.
Pros
free food
Cons
we are working 10 hours and we have 2 days off in a week
Best Place to work
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 12, 2015
Hyatt is the best place to work,where they care to the employee, provide the better facilities, and the payment on time with satisfaction of staff.
Pros
free food and accomodation, transportation
productive and a learning hub for those who really want to grow.
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 6, 2015
I learn everyday, the work is challenging which inspires me to work and advance.
Learned to be more organised specially when u dont have enough skilled staff ( newcomers in industry) and taking charge of big events like brunch....which i m currently made in charge of..( menu planning with chef de cuisine, requisitions, inventory check ups, production and platings).
Managing more than 10 staff in absense of sous chef.
Co-workers are new to industry but are hard working and smart

I love my job but salary is a big hurdle.

we work through team and very much enjoy fun at work which shows on our face when we deal with guests. team is wonderful.
Pros
learning environment, good work place
Cons
salary
Hard work environment, but great place to learn and grow.
Assistant Outlet Manager - F&B (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 25, 2015
Meeting lots of people.
Long hours of standing, constantly on the move. But learning alot. Each day something new to do, to learn.
Pros
Great benefits. Decent Salary.
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment.
Mukticuturl and intresting people
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 4, 2015
A typical days at work is weekends and I learned to solve the problems with my team members. Management are uneasy to staff but understanding.My co-workers are my teams which I care and the hardest part of my job is when its to busy and create new ideas to solve the problems and last the most enjoyable part of the job is to be with the staff, training's and motivating them .
Pros
Accommodation
Cons
Sometimes its complicated to understand superior
Grand Hyatt Doha
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 12, 2014
Grand Hyatt Is best Hotel

When I was in Grand Hyatt I m fully Enjoy like Staff party
hi i
Qatar as Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 11, 2014
Grand hyatt doha really boost my knowledge and skills in my career to beome a professional chef.
Pros
good staffs
Cons
not enough facilities
Team work
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 5, 2014
I am joining in per-opening team . So hard to work but this is make me special for me. Team work , motivate, creative.
First I am working in Housekeeping and after 9 months promoted to housekeeping coordinator. After 2 year I am going to cross training in Material Department and join pre-opening new hyatt hotel in Abu Dhabi.
Productive work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 30, 2014
Poor organized management, low salary rate, overall a good experience with other cultures
Pros
Free lunches
Nice place to work with.
Guest Service Officer Front Office (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 22, 2014
Day used to start with checking for arrivals for the day .
Allocation of rooms, coordinating with housekeeping for the rooms, and also handling the preference of the guest.

I learn how to manage people and staff, Interaction with customers. Taking initiative in job. got to know hidden talent within me, that i can be a good speaker.

Supportive Management and co-workers.
every thing is okay
general maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  qatarOctober 4, 2013
every little steps i made in work station i see to it that i bein learn so much to that in the next generation it will be easy for me to understand although every day is pressure at work some and most of the time we have some priorities i stay in a good condition to calm down and to be focus,patient and hospitality sympathies making such decision which very helpful to the department giving some advice and good ideas provide a long term solution to a problem
my happiness at job is to success what was the project has been given and well done properly without any question of officers
hardest job is normal for me because working in engineering is you need more patient, flexible to face in every challenge and you should be strong i learned to handle a lot of jobs in every different department and communications of all times
Pros
free meals
Cons
only 30 min breaks and 10 hours of duty
Fun working with Arab women
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  QatarSeptember 7, 2013
I worked in different schedules. I did not stay working in this company very long because i needed to change location.The management gives more bonus when you work hard.My co-workers are Arab women with different nationalities:Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt and Sudan. They are interesting people, i enjoyed so much working with them. The hardest part of the job was when there were no customers coming in for we needed sales. But the most enjoyable part was when we get our bonuses from getting high sales. That means that the company is appreciating our hard work.
Pros
Free vacation ticket yearly
Cons
No free accomodation and transportation
Hyatt
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 26, 2013
I was trying to learn as much as I could, as I was commis chef
I worked in all shifts.
Nice ambiance at all
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 4, 2013
IM working 10 hours per day sitting in the desk providing customers with services and fulfilling their needs,,I play the animation music of The mall in addition to that i have to make daily weekly and monthly reports which is given to the management describing counting and analyzing the mall events and guests movement.I have learnt too much so far especially how to deal with more than one task at the same time and work under pressure.
positiva
garçon (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWNovember 16, 2012
muito bom! aqui tenho a funçao de lider de equipe, mas desejo muito trabalhar no BRASIL!!!!!! conto com sua colaboraçao. obrigado
Pros
nada a declarar
Cons
nada a reclamar