Hyatt Management reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 8,384 reviews
Assistant Manager (F&B Department) (Current Employee) –  DohaOctober 7, 2019
No comments everything is fine. Good management and good place to work. Lot of activities, fun, giving more opportunities to work other country. Classroom and online training are provided.
Good hotel,i can learn so fast about hotel management as per house keeping attandent
keeping room attendant (Former Employee) –  Doha qatarAugust 31, 2019
I think this best hotel for training, good people, good management, good property, good HR, and they given me salary when training time,this is a good.
I can work under the my pressure
House keeping attandent (Current Employee) –  Doha qatarAugust 31, 2019
To be important for other people ,good experience hotel ,good management, good people, good hospitality, always follow the hotel policy and than I hope can join with your company ,thank you.
ok
parking available
shopping mall experience
Great Brand
Hygiene Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaJuly 24, 2018
Grand Hyatt is a great brand- Great Hotel culture.
Salaries are the best in the industry. Management team is very good. However, there is a constant move of Managers, and it always feel the next Manager is around the corner at all times.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Doha QatarOctober 9, 2017
It is a company with desire to be the best on customer service, a company based on culture and family values. An open space for enough visitors to park there vehicles while they do shopping.
Pros
Nice place for a family outing.
Cons
Poor management, between senior and junior staff.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Outlet Manager (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAMay 26, 2017
Good place to work, nice management
400+ rooms, have hotels and villas for different segments.
Nice presentable rooms and cafes
Good location in Dubai and friendly staff.
Worst place to work
Pastry Commis 1 (Current Employee) –  DohaNovember 29, 2016
Worst company I've ever worked. Very poor management, terrible bosses, extremely unhappy employees, honestly coming to work here, is by far my worst mistake in life
overall very good experinces with Hyatt.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  dohaSeptember 15, 2016
I gain lost of thing from Hyatt which is unforgetable. very good management team.day by day enjoy job.co-workers are awesome.
Pros
2 off day
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Marketing Communications Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 28, 2016
My typical day at Grand Hyatt Doha starts with getting the newspapers from Concierge. I go through the papers to see any mention of hotels, hotel adverts/promotions, anything hotel related from our competition. If our hotel has been featured in the paper, I cut out the clippings and share with the rest of Sales & Marketing team at a briefing meeting that takes place everyday.

There are four people in our marketing department, The Marketing Manager, myself (Graphic Designer), the Marketing Communications Executive and the Digital Marketing Executive. We work very closely together. Firstly I get a briefing for artwork from my boss - which can range from a magazine advert artwork, monthly newsletter, outlet promotional flyers, in-house collateral to pretty much anything that needs design or layout or has to go for printing.

I also work closely with the materials manager especially when having things printed or made outside such as newsletters, banners and media walls. I have a list of suppliers which I regularly use for different things. It makes life easier and they understand the brand and know what is required from them.

The hardest part of the job is when all the hotel outlets (restaurants) are doing their promotions and the request for artworks is increased. So I pretty much have to juggle with time and meet the deadlines of all the outlets without compromising the quality of designs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make a design and the reaction is "WOW". Its a great feeling.

Grand Hyatt Doha is an amazing place to work and grow.
Pros
Free meals, accommodation, healthcare, regular trainings, 2 days off, transport provided for, annual airticket
Cons
Shared accommodation, spouse cannot join me
More than a GSO
Senior Spa Guest Service Officer (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 9, 2016
The job description of each GSO is to do the check-in, check-out, welcome the guest and be to the expectations of the guest. As far as my journey is concerned, it is more or less different. My day start normally with checking all the areas in the Spa & Health Club facilities. I have to ensure that everything is up to standard and if there is any engineering issue, i have to report it immediately. I do check-out & check-in of the guest. As well, ensuring that the guest had a good service and if there is anything extra we can do for the guest. There is a lot of guest engagement involved which actually makes my day much better everytime. End of the month, i was in charged of the inventory of the spa & health club. Spa products, retails items, guest amenities and health club products had to be counted and reported to finance. It was my weekly task as well to update the roster of the Spa staff and to ensure that we do not lack manning over the whole week. Above these, departmental trainings as well were part of my duties. I had to prepare a departmental training plan for each new comer in the department. It was my monthly task as well to give trainings to the staff on a time to time basis such grooming trainings, telephone standard, room set up standard. i also at times conducted the daily briefing. Throughout these 2 years, i have learned a lot in terms of management position. i was involved in many projects in the spa such as the manicure & pedicure and lot more.
The hardest part of the job is mostly that there was no contribution and involvement from the upper management. Though
  more... some of the task had to be perform by Team Leaders, Managers or Directors, but at the end of the day, i find myself doing the job. True, that it is an opportunity to learn but i should say that everything i have learned was only during the first 6 months and after that it was all repeated work and nothing new. The sad part is there is no chance of having a better position though you give the best quality of performance.
My best part in this job was to make the guest happy. The engagement with guest made my day easier. They know how to appreciate the extra effort and if they are happy and satisfied with the services, that is what makes my job perfect. And i should say that all the efforts that i put in the job is for the guest because at the end of the day, they are the one who needs to be happy.
Regarding the co-workers, i must agree, it was much more easier that i thought it would be. It has been a loving time to be with almost 18 different nationalities, learning their cultures, and specially trying to understand their english. Each of my colleagues helped me to improve myself at work as an individual and as a leader.
Pros
accomodation, transportation, meals
Cons
poor salary, no opportunity for promotion or transfers, lack of communication between superiors and lower staff, too much pride from management, no service charge
I'm very Happy about my Duty
Security Officer in Grand Hyatt (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 12, 2015
I'm always doing night shift because i like night shift and my management was very happy for my passion. I learned lot of at Grand Hyatt hotel for my carrier and i worked with nearly 70 multi national staff in my work experience. The Hardest part of my job were is our hotel have largest ball room in Doha and we have weddings, meetings, conference and many more activities for that days we are very busy for handling Guest and there safety & valet parking. Most enjoyable part of the job is writing true reports for the management.
gym club . ping pong table.swimming pool.
bartender and waiter (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 25, 2015
The work is starting from 5:00am. I am working in the breakfast time and lunch time 3 days in a week 2 days in evening time.In our restaurant 135cover. Breakfast is really busy but job is interesting cause so many people coming from different countries and it is plesuare to serve this guests. Management is very strict because of we have so many staff. My colleques from different countries and all this guys is very friendly and it is making our job easy and funny.
Pros
free food
Cons
we are working 10 hours and we have 2 days off in a week
Mukticuturl and intresting people
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 4, 2015
A typical days at work is weekends and I learned to solve the problems with my team members. Management are uneasy to staff but understanding.My co-workers are my teams which I care and the hardest part of my job is when its to busy and create new ideas to solve the problems and last the most enjoyable part of the job is to be with the staff, training's and motivating them .
Pros
Accommodation
Cons
Sometimes its complicated to understand superior
Productive work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 30, 2014
Poor organized management, low salary rate, overall a good experience with other cultures
Pros
Free lunches
Nice place to work with.
Guest Service Officer Front Office (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 22, 2014
Day used to start with checking for arrivals for the day .
Allocation of rooms, coordinating with housekeeping for the rooms, and also handling the preference of the guest.

I learn how to manage people and staff, Interaction with customers. Taking initiative in job. got to know hidden talent within me, that i can be a good speaker.

Supportive Management and co-workers.
Fun working with Arab women
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  QatarSeptember 7, 2013
I worked in different schedules. I did not stay working in this company very long because i needed to change location.The management gives more bonus when you work hard.My co-workers are Arab women with different nationalities:Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt and Sudan. They are interesting people, i enjoyed so much working with them. The hardest part of the job was when there were no customers coming in for we needed sales. But the most enjoyable part was when we get our bonuses from getting high sales. That means that the company is appreciating our hard work.
Pros
Free vacation ticket yearly
Cons
No free accomodation and transportation
Nice ambiance at all
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 4, 2013
IM working 10 hours per day sitting in the desk providing customers with services and fulfilling their needs,,I play the animation music of The mall in addition to that i have to make daily weekly and monthly reports which is given to the management describing counting and analyzing the mall events and guests movement.I have learnt too much so far especially how to deal with more than one task at the same time and work under pressure.