Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent6 reviews
Qatar6 reviews
i am learning everyday here
it a good place for work experience and your career i am learning everyday from my colleagues my manager from the trainings i am having here, our workplace culture is we are different but we are same, the most hardest part of the job when we have a lot of groups coming and going in the same time, and about the most enjoyable part of the job when we have a funny guest in house that we can spend a good time with them at work
Pros
breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons
breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Having worked in a prestigious international hotel, I have learned the importance of brand standards, and quality of service delivery along with customer satisfaction.My day within the department in which I was place, encompassed various tasks involving front office functions,guest relations and food and beverage. The work environment is diverse, with many cultures from which you can learn from. The most enjoyable part liaising with guests from all corners of the world as well as working with many nationalities and learning their cultures.
Diversed and
We were able to share our individual skills and leadership upon working with different cultures.
Able to expand my boundaries in terms of work relationship

Learned not only the etiquettes of being a working individual but also small and basic stuffs such as language(arabic) which enables us to converse with our customers/clients without hesitations.
Pros
Shuttle service, Food and lodging
Cons
Long hours of work, out of line work
vey nice property
hyatt is very nice prpoerty world wide it is the place of where you can apply your skiills
i learned alot

the most enjoyable part when you work with team

the hardest no thing is hard

we have many cultures here

typical day is when you work with the team
More than a GSO
The job description of each GSO is to do the check-in, check-out, welcome the guest and be to the expectations of the guest. As far as my journey is concerned, it is more or less different. My day start normally with checking all the areas in the Spa & Health Club facilities. I have to ensure that everything is up to standard and if there is any engineering issue, i have to report it immediately. I do check-out & check-in of the guest. As well, ensuring that the guest had a good service and if there is anything extra we can do for the guest. There is a lot of guest engagement involved which actually makes my day much better everytime. End of the month, i was in charged of the inventory of the spa & health club. Spa products, retails items, guest amenities and health club products had to be counted and reported to finance. It was my weekly task as well to update the roster of the Spa staff and to ensure that we do not lack manning over the whole week. Above these, departmental trainings as well were part of my duties. I had to prepare a departmental training plan for each new comer in the department. It was my monthly task as well to give trainings to the staff on a time to time basis such grooming trainings, telephone standard, room set up standard. i also at times conducted the daily briefing. Throughout these 2 years, i have learned a lot in terms of management position. i was involved in many projects in the spa such as the manicure & pedicure and lot more.
The hardest part of the job is mostly that there was no contribution and involvement from the upper management. Though
 - more...
Pros
accomodation, transportation, meals
Cons
poor salary, no opportunity for promotion or transfers, lack of communication between superiors and lower staff, too much pride from management, no service charge
Nice place to work with.
Day used to start with checking for arrivals for the day .
Allocation of rooms, coordinating with housekeeping for the rooms, and also handling the preference of the guest.

I learn how to manage people and staff, Interaction with customers. Taking initiative in job. got to know hidden talent within me, that i can be a good speaker.

Supportive Management and co-workers.