Hyatt Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 8,387 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  QatarJanuary 14, 2019
Having worked in a prestigious international hotel, I have learned the importance of brand standards, and quality of service delivery along with customer satisfaction.My day within the department in which I was place, encompassed various tasks involving front office functions,guest relations and food and beverage. The work environment is diverse, with many cultures from which you can learn from. The most enjoyable part liaising with guests from all corners of the world as well as working with many nationalities and learning their cultures.
Diversed and
Guest Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarDecember 26, 2017
We were able to share our individual skills and leadership upon working with different cultures.
Able to expand my boundaries in terms of work relationship
Learned not only the etiquettes of being a working individual but also small and basic stuffs such as language(arabic) which enables us to converse with our customers/clients without hesitations.
Pros
Shuttle service, Food and lodging
Cons
Long hours of work, out of line work
vey nice property
guest service officer ( receptionist ) (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 28, 2017
hyatt is very nice prpoerty world wide it is the place of where you can apply your skiills
i learned alot
the most enjoyable part when you work with team
the hardest no thing is hard
we have many cultures here
typical day is when you work with the team
More than a GSO
Senior Spa Guest Service Officer (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 9, 2016
The job description of each GSO is to do the check-in, check-out, welcome the guest and be to the expectations of the guest. As far as my journey is concerned, it is more or less different. My day start normally with checking all the areas in the Spa & Health Club facilities. I have to ensure that everything is up to standard and if there is any engineering issue, i have to report it immediately. I do check-out & check-in of the guest. As well, ensuring that the guest had a good service and if there is anything extra we can do for the guest. There is a lot of guest engagement involved which actually makes my day much better everytime. End of the month, i was in charged of the inventory of the spa & health club. Spa products, retails items, guest amenities and health club products had to be counted and reported to finance. It was my weekly task as well to update the roster of the Spa staff and to ensure that we do not lack manning over the whole week. Above these, departmental trainings as well were part of my duties. I had to prepare a departmental training plan for each new comer in the department. It was my monthly task as well to give trainings to the staff on a time to time basis such grooming trainings, telephone standard, room set up standard. i also at times conducted the daily briefing. Throughout these 2 years, i have learned a lot in terms of management position. i was involved in many projects in the spa such as the manicure & pedicure and lot more.
The hardest part of the job is mostly that there was no contribution and involvement from the upper management. Though
  more... some of the task had to be perform by Team Leaders, Managers or Directors, but at the end of the day, i find myself doing the job. True, that it is an opportunity to learn but i should say that everything i have learned was only during the first 6 months and after that it was all repeated work and nothing new. The sad part is there is no chance of having a better position though you give the best quality of performance.
My best part in this job was to make the guest happy. The engagement with guest made my day easier. They know how to appreciate the extra effort and if they are happy and satisfied with the services, that is what makes my job perfect. And i should say that all the efforts that i put in the job is for the guest because at the end of the day, they are the one who needs to be happy.
Regarding the co-workers, i must agree, it was much more easier that i thought it would be. It has been a loving time to be with almost 18 different nationalities, learning their cultures, and specially trying to understand their english. Each of my colleagues helped me to improve myself at work as an individual and as a leader.
Pros
accomodation, transportation, meals
Cons
poor salary, no opportunity for promotion or transfers, lack of communication between superiors and lower staff, too much pride from management, no service charge
Nice place to work with.
Guest Service Officer Front Office (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 22, 2014
Day used to start with checking for arrivals for the day .
Allocation of rooms, coordinating with housekeeping for the rooms, and also handling the preference of the guest.

I learn how to manage people and staff, Interaction with customers. Taking initiative in job. got to know hidden talent within me, that i can be a good speaker.

Supportive Management and co-workers.