Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 6,422 reviews
fun and friendly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 9, 2018
we are working 9 hrs in a day. Accomodation is nice and also staff are good they are all greetfull they always say hi hello to everybody. workplace is very good safety is all perfect.
Great Brand
Hygiene Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaJuly 24, 2018
Grand Hyatt is a great brand- Great Hotel culture.
Salaries are the best in the industry. Management team is very good. However, there is a constant move of Managers, and it always feel the next Manager is around the corner at all times.
it has clean rooms and villas
Team leader Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  DohaJanuary 29, 2018
it has good rooms for businesses,good villas/residences for comfort stay,well secured and near tothe malls for shopping ,near transportation roads.it has clean beach ,it has good restaurants and bars,good staffs at your services.
Productive & fun loving place
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 8, 2018
Learned lot of things about Hospitality industry
Pre-opening team member
Proud of making some thing from scratch to a well maintained facility
At the entrance of Pearl Qatar Island
Pros
Free food & accommodation
Cons
Less pay
Diversed and
Guest Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarDecember 26, 2017
We were able to share our individual skills and leadership upon working with different cultures.
Able to expand my boundaries in terms of work relationship
Learned not only the etiquettes of being a working individual but also small and basic stuffs such as language(arabic) which enables us to converse with our customers/clients without hesitations.
Pros
Shuttle service, Food and lodging
Cons
Long hours of work, out of line work
Learning place
Waiter F & B (Former Employee) –  DohaDecember 17, 2017
Good place to work, i enjoyed a lot all people so nice and they are like one team , they have plan for staff they always teach to staff , they have training classes for every one like school
Pros
Cons
8 hour
swimming, playing football and reading books
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Qatar dohaDecember 16, 2017
Grand Hyatt Hotel Doha, Qatar Oversee all security operations and plans for property. Ensure employees and guests against theft. Investigate fraud. Able to use diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations. Conduct interior and exterior searches. Maintain confidentiality. Reputation for running organized, efficient operation. Relevant Training
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
vey nice property
guest service officer ( receptionist ) (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 28, 2017
hyatt is very nice prpoerty world wide it is the place of where you can apply your skiills
i learned alot
the most enjoyable part when you work with team
the hardest no thing is hard
we have many cultures here
typical day is when you work with the team
Not Exactly a Great Place to work in 2010
HYGIENE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 24, 2017
Very good salaries and benefits, and no big pressure on the time.

A place to work if you are looking to have Hyatt name on your CV. Not a great place to have a career home.
Very less prospects of advancing career within the Hyatt, as the place is looked down as a poor performer within the Hyatt system
Good Place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  DohaJune 19, 2017
fun at work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  DohaJune 19, 2017
I am currently working as an Accountant at Hyatt Residences Doha West Bay. During my progressive career, I have accumulated more than 6 years of hotel accounting experience, thus, I am looking for my next advancement.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Outlet Manager (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAMay 26, 2017
Good place to work, nice management
400+ rooms, have hotels and villas for different segments.
Nice presentable rooms and cafes
Good location in Dubai and friendly staff.
The good job is a God's Gift
IT Executive (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 21, 2017
It was really amazing start, to start from a company like it... when everyone in your team wants to help you to do better, you must obviously success
Worst place to work
Pastry Commis 1 (Current Employee) –  DohaNovember 29, 2016
Worst company I've ever worked. Very poor management, terrible bosses, extremely unhappy employees, honestly coming to work here, is by far my worst mistake in life
Fun and challenging
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doha state of qatarOctober 9, 2016
It's an amaizing company that gives chances for people growth and movements if required.
I personally I have learned and still learning alot.
It gives opportunity to each and every person.
It's a multicultural company.
Pros
Transportation, accomodatoin, medication and free meals.
overall very good experinces with Hyatt.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  dohaSeptember 15, 2016
I gain lost of thing from Hyatt which is unforgetable. very good management team.day by day enjoy job.co-workers are awesome.
Pros
2 off day
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Marketing Communications Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 28, 2016
My typical day at Grand Hyatt Doha starts with getting the newspapers from Concierge. I go through the papers to see any mention of hotels, hotel adverts/promotions, anything hotel related from our competition. If our hotel has been featured in the paper, I cut out the clippings and share with the rest of Sales & Marketing team at a briefing meeting that takes place everyday.

There are four people in our marketing department, The Marketing Manager, myself (Graphic Designer), the Marketing Communications Executive and the Digital Marketing Executive. We work very closely together. Firstly I get a briefing for artwork from my boss - which can range from a magazine advert artwork, monthly newsletter, outlet promotional flyers, in-house collateral to pretty much anything that needs design or layout or has to go for printing.

I also work closely with the materials manager especially when having things printed or made outside such as newsletters, banners and media walls. I have a list of suppliers which I regularly use for different things. It makes life easier and they understand the brand and know what is required from them.

The hardest part of the job is when all the hotel outlets (restaurants) are doing their promotions and the request for artworks is increased. So I pretty much have to juggle with time and meet the deadlines of all the outlets without compromising the quality of designs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make a design and the reaction is "WOW". Its a great feeling.

Grand Hyatt Doha is an amazing place to work and grow.
Pros
Free meals, accommodation, healthcare, regular trainings, 2 days off, transport provided for, annual airticket
Cons
Shared accommodation, spouse cannot join me
Ambiente de Trabajo
Executive sous chef (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 28, 2016
Hago lo que me gusta, hacer esto es un estilo de vida y un gran placer
Hyatt es una empresa fenomenal en la cual aprendes muchisimo
a relacionarte con la gente, todo tipos de entrenamientos, reuniones. Promociones es diferentes hoteles como en Singapore, Turkia, Hong Kong....
los estandares, los beneficios, los directores
basicamente valoro a hyatt me manera global
Pros
Paquete expatriado
Cons
ninguna
More than a GSO
Senior Spa Guest Service Officer (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 9, 2016
The job description of each GSO is to do the check-in, check-out, welcome the guest and be to the expectations of the guest. As far as my journey is concerned, it is more or less different. My day start normally with checking all the areas in the Spa & Health Club facilities. I have to ensure that everything is up to standard and if there is any engineering issue, i have to report it immediately. I do check-out & check-in of the guest. As well, ensuring that the guest had a good service and if there is anything extra we can do for the guest. There is a lot of guest engagement involved which actually makes my day much better everytime. End of the month, i was in charged of the inventory of the spa & health club. Spa products, retails items, guest amenities and health club products had to be counted and reported to finance. It was my weekly task as well to update the roster of the Spa staff and to ensure that we do not lack manning over the whole week. Above these, departmental trainings as well were part of my duties. I had to prepare a departmental training plan for each new comer in the department. It was my monthly task as well to give trainings to the staff on a time to time basis such grooming trainings, telephone standard, room set up standard. i also at times conducted the daily briefing. Throughout these 2 years, i have learned a lot in terms of management position. i was involved in many projects in the spa such as the manicure & pedicure and lot more.
The hardest part of the job is mostly that there was no contribution and involvement from the upper management. Though
  more... some of the task had to be perform by Team Leaders, Managers or Directors, but at the end of the day, i find myself doing the job. True, that it is an opportunity to learn but i should say that everything i have learned was only during the first 6 months and after that it was all repeated work and nothing new. The sad part is there is no chance of having a better position though you give the best quality of performance.
My best part in this job was to make the guest happy. The engagement with guest made my day easier. They know how to appreciate the extra effort and if they are happy and satisfied with the services, that is what makes my job perfect. And i should say that all the efforts that i put in the job is for the guest because at the end of the day, they are the one who needs to be happy.
Regarding the co-workers, i must agree, it was much more easier that i thought it would be. It has been a loving time to be with almost 18 different nationalities, learning their cultures, and specially trying to understand their english. Each of my colleagues helped me to improve myself at work as an individual and as a leader.
Pros
accomodation, transportation, meals
Cons
poor salary, no opportunity for promotion or transfers, lack of communication between superiors and lower staff, too much pride from management, no service charge
demi chef de parte Banquet kitchen
Demi chef de parte (Current Employee) –  DohaSeptember 28, 2015
Banquet is very big operation in grand hyatt doha, banquet functions generating more revenue to grand hyatt hotel. various types of functions like wedding functions, set menu , kids party , gala dinner , corporate staff party.live counter experiennce like barbeque counter indian dosa counter ,tandoori live counter , burger counter ,shawarma counters , meat carving counters..Grand hyatt has second biggest ball room in doha . near to west bay.

53K