HAZEN AND SAWYER

HAZEN AND SAWYER Employee Reviews

Great place to intern!

Had a great experience with environmental engineering, HVAC and project engineering via summer internships while I was in college. Got to go out in the field once in a while as well.

Dysfunctional management

Management is harsh. If they like you then it's obvious and if not they ignore you. High turnover rate from a variety of people with different experience levels because there is a lot of dysfunction in management. Many people are unhappy here and quit.

This will be the last place you ever work

The title says it all. The management are amazing, the work is engaging and rewarding, the culture is amazing, I could not be happier to work here. I worked for a rebar manufacturing plant before as a rebar detailer, that company was stuck in the 1950's but coming to this company is like stepping into this century.One statement should sum up how it feels to work here: my mental state was very poor at my last company, since then I've been able to heal my mental state and I could not be more grateful for that.

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits, Strong support system, engaging work

Cons

None so far

Great colleagues. Little to no micromanagement. Better than average benefits. Not much to complain about other than it can be stressful at times, rewarding at the same time.

Probably one of the better companies to work for especially in this industry. While overtime may be necessary to get the work done it is not expected and it will be paid which is not usual.Overall the company really cares about it's workers and their wellbeing. I have yet to hear of a better place to work. Only problem is that advancement as a designer can be difficult and slow if you are not looking to stay in the designer career path. Yearly raises are also very nice.

Pros

better than average pay, great coworkers, great management, decent benefits, encouraged to take PTO as needed

Cons

overtime may be necessary but is not required, work-life balance can be difficult during busy times

Good experience

Interesting work, challenging in a good way, nice coworkers, relaxed environment, learn lots of different things, good benefits and pay, very supportive, healthy work/life balance, great location in downtown Los Angeles

Relaxed environment

I like the lack of micromanagement here. As long as the work gets done, the managers don’t care what you’re doing every second of the day and how you’re organizing your schedule. My coworkers are good people and make coming to work even more enjoyable.

You learn something new all the time

They encourage creativity and outside-the-box thinking. I’ve learned something new every day, not just about the industry and my role within the company but also myself and what I want in my career. I look forward to coming to work because I know there’s always another opportunity to grow.

The best in the industry for a reason

Working here is one of the more exciting jobs I’ve ever had. All of the projects are huge and impact a ton of people, and it’s really fun to be a part of that. This is an interesting industry with a lot of potential for growth and I feel like I’m helping people whenever we figure out a new, innovative solution. After working here a while, you can really tell why they’re one of the more premier companies in the industry.

One of the better ones

Very flexible schedule with no pressure to work more than 40 hours on any given week. My coworkers are a smart, capable group of team players. Even though I have only worked for the company a short time (under a year) I feel my work is appreciated and valuable. H&S is one of the better ones for sure.

Field Coordinator

Provide great benefits, do good work, execs are communicative, no arguments or silly workplace drama, mostly a cohesive work environment, interesting projects, healthy work/life balance

Value people

I like the direction we are headed in. Sharing information with employees, making good business decisions to make money for the company, relaxed environment and good people. I really like what the company stands for and how much they value not only the work we do but the people who are devoting their lives to it.

Mission: Cleaner Drinking Water

Good opportunity for career advancement. Challenging and complicated industry with a lot of room for improvement. Overall, H&S is a good place to work, with a better than normal work/life balance. All of Senior Management are open to changes and hearing new ideas. The company’s mission is the #1 priority.I enjoy coming to work every day and making the world’s drinking water that much more safe with every step we take.

New employee

So far, so good. Haven’t been with the company too long, but haven’t noticed anything to complain about. Two thumbs up.

Changes made for the better

The people are wonderful and the work life balance has improved drastically over the last several years. I applaud the management team for taking necessary steps to make it a better work environment overall.

I like it here

I like working here for the most part. My team is great and I mostly look forward to coming into work each morning. The days have their ups and downs to be sure, but no more or less than at any other job I’ve held down since I was 18. It’s a good enough company, especially for the industry.

Solid company

- Nice work environment- Competitive pay- Nice people (from the very top all the way to the very bottom)- Good work/life balance- Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally- Fun company events

I’ve got my sights set on the top!

I was given the chance to progress from being a temporary employee to full time after about 9 months. My supervisor was willing to take a chance on me despite my age. I'm grateful to have this job and I can’t wait to see how high I can climb within the Hazen & Sawyer ranks.

Great opportunity

I admit, it's great to work at Hazen & Sawyer. They offer fantastic health benefits and give out regular pay raises to deserving employees. Management is made up of good, down-to-earth people who get the job done. The location is great (especially for me, since it’s only a 7-minute commute from home) and there are a lot of other things I like about working here, including-Full 2 weeks paid vacation.-Guaranteed job security.-Company is very understanding of your personal life and if you need to leave early for something or arrive late, as long as you don't abuse it, it's usually not a problem.-Company provides all tools and supplies you need to do your job well and they don’t nickel and dime you for extras.-Paid company training.-Decent 401K matching.

Great experience from start to finish

Not sure what others see – Hazen & Sawyer is privately owned which was always a plus in my opinion. They’ve got responsive management that encourages employee development. If you do your job well they won’t micromanage you. The work environment is open and communicative. I personally worked with a great manager who valued my input and cared enough to check in regularly. I had a great experience here – one of the best – and I’d still be here if an opportunity to start on a path towards my dream career hadn’t presented itself.

My coworkers were amazing

You won’t find a group of smarter, more intelligent, talented, and incredible people anywhere. I learned so much from my coworkers in the past 2 years. H&S is definitely a company that fosters real talent and creativity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HAZEN AND SAWYER. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits