HSBC Employee Reviews in Doha

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 13,204 reviews
Great Bank
Premier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 5, 2019
Excellent Bank to learn the various functions of Banking, Amazing workplace culture, Great management.
Highly recommended for career growth
Healthy work life balance
Strong structure
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 28, 2018
At HSBC you learn how policies & procedures are a must in every thing. Work day is very very busy you might get exhausted there.
Multi-nationality culture.
Career Growth, Freedom of ideas, Open culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarSeptember 12, 2017
I am blessed and grateful for having the opportunity to work almost 9 years of my career with a Internationally reputed bank, HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd. I enjoyed diverse culture at work place and how staff co-operate and support each other. Its a place where you have plenty of opportunities for growth, personally and professionally. Yes, many a times the management is demanding and expects to go extra mile, which is much appreciated too.
Pros
Friendly work atmosphere, diverse culture, career growth, parties and social events, Pride in the Brand
Cons
Long working hours, hectic, poor worklife balance
Best place to work
Manager Financial Crime Compliance (Current Employee) –  DohaAugust 27, 2017
I spent 18years in HSBC.
In HSBC Every day is a new experience, it is a world of innovation.
In addition HSBC promotes well-being at work and creates a positive work environment.
Pros
Fairness
Cons
Pressure
Big organisation
- Banking experience
- Customer Relationship
- Information technology experience
- International Company
Fun workplace and friendly colleagues
Associate (Current Employee) –  DohaJanuary 6, 2017
The colleagues are friendly but the managers are not always supportive and ignore important issues. There is a lot of partiality regarding salary and employment.

But other than that the people are friendly and have a lot of fun activities on a regular basis
Good Culture, Bad Management
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  DohaJuly 31, 2016
HSBC is one of the big Multinational Banks in Qatar. Their work culture is much development in comparison than most of other corporate in Qatar which is due to ther experience they get from other HSBC Geo Branches.

The problem with HSBC is Qatarization which HSBC forced to Put bad management as Senior Management which didn't make HSBC have significant market sure or any significant present in Qatar
best place to gain a great work experience
Premier Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  DohaJuly 25, 2016
The best place to gain a great work experience with a lovely work atmosphere.If anybody wants to take banking astheir future career ,HSBC is the best palce to gain a great experience workwise and personal wise too.
Great career progression
Learning & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaJuly 24, 2016
Great company and career opportunities. Good salary and benefits. Friendly co workers and you feel part of a team. Great opportunity to meet new people.
Pros
Career progression
Attractive Work Enviroment
Corporate Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 29, 2016
The Work Enviroment is a high value culture in the Company which can lead to Challenging , motivating , enjoyable and creative benefits
Fun place to work, great management, down to earth, always helpful
Admin / Sales & Service Officer (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with HSBC and wished I was never urged to leave due to my sponsorship issues. Great management and always helpfull. Fellow workers are always cheerful and ready to assist during work pressure. Truly is the best place to work.
Pros
Susidised Food rates at the Canteen, CS activity participation, Community Service during Ramadan and otherwise
Cons
Work pressure and deadlines
Productive and great experience.
Global Custody and Fund Services Unit as an Intern (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 11, 2016
Great opportunity in accordance with my degree. I was trained to work in the position of a full-time employee who had gone on holiday. Importance of ethics and compliance was taught to me.
Downward Spiral
Premier Wealth and Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  DohaFebruary 5, 2016
Hsbc is an international bank that is in a downward spiral. Highly process driven bank that is not concerned about business development ideas, rather on compliance and fixing their internal controls. Systems are out dated, a lot of red tape involved, a lot of approvals required to do small tedious tasks.
like a typical day in the bank
Banking Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWNovember 22, 2015
it would be like a typical day at the bank, more stressful at times due to ongoing operational risk issues and shortage of staff.
Pros
friendly culture, healthcare and open communication
Cons
poor worklife balance most of the times
Very nice place to work
Receptionist/Tel operator (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWOctober 15, 2015
Very nice team,helpful management,I was enjoying my work with learning new skills in dealing with customers over the phone as well as face to face assistance.
Pros
50 per cent discount on duty meals
Cons
no over time, No accomodation allowence
It was fun to work in HSBC.
Associate Intern, Service Delivery Department (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarOctober 8, 2015
I had a team of wonderful, diverse colleagues who were hardworking, cooperative and fun to work with. Esprit De Corps was kind of a motto there. My boss was encouraging and helped me with all the queries and doubts I had regarding my work. It was a wonderful team.
Bank Teller HSBC Middle East (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarJanuary 21, 2014
Since banking is my line of work i really love doing my job. Ive learned different kind of sensitive transactions. The management and my co-workers are very supportive. The hardest part is on end of the month because of salary day. I enjoy everything of it.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues, overtimes
Cons
Disbalances
Is a place where you can learn new things almost everyday and WAS a good place to work.
Banking Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Doha QatarJanuary 12, 2014
HSBC was a good place to work.But now with staff reduction and multiple projects happening simultaneously the stress level at work has immensely increased with added stretch targets,.
People have become so caught up and engrossed with work that there is no more time for fun .Earlier we used to have fun Thursdays and theme days but the environment in the bank has changed which is not motivating to the employees at all.
Pros
cant think of any now..
Cons
Stress, no breaks, working almost every weekend, multiple projects along with daily work to be handled at the same time.
A good place for new bankers where you can learn best banking practices based on solid knowledge and continuous training and work experience
Area Customers Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarJanuary 6, 2013
My banking career started here. My first five years were the most unforgettable: nice team work, continuous training, enjoyable work life, excellent client's relationship, and real challenges for career advance.
I had the most teams that I was honored to supervise for nearly four years.
However, in many occasions I had to sacrifice my personal life for work not only because there were lot of work but because I really enjoyed doing it and excel in my customer service experience.
A very well organized environment to work.
1) Manager Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Doha, QATARSeptember 22, 2012
A very well organized place to work, get to learn a lot on it management styles. There are many occasions where we have to sit late, and the job demands by way of documentations are high. Still a welcome place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K