HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews in Doha

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,058 reviews

Stressful

Very stressfulAlways behind scheduleVery tough targets You are always on call Very bad compensation Appraisal day is the judgment day Poor management sometimes

Pros

Organized, well branded, good reputation

Cons

Bad compensation, long hours, big & long tasks

Satisfying but competitive . In HSBC Qatar they need to look more at placing correct people in correct roles. This will make the entire organization more efficient and work atmosphere happier

Colleagues were co-operative and fun to work with. I always had something new to learn

While I was working with HSBC, I had a lot of opportunities to learn and was supported by everyone that I worked with. We also had fun activities every week and used to go on office trips together.

Great Bank

Excellent Bank to learn the various functions of Banking, Amazing workplace culture, Great management. Highly recommended for career growth Healthy work life balance

Strong structure

At HSBC you learn how policies & procedures are a must in every thing. Work day is very very busy you might get exhausted there. Multi-nationality culture.

Career Growth, Freedom of ideas, Open culture

I am blessed and grateful for having the opportunity to work almost 9 years of my career with a Internationally reputed bank, HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd. I enjoyed diverse culture at work place and how staff co-operate and support each other. Its a place where you have plenty of opportunities for growth, personally and professionally. Yes, many a times the management is demanding and expects to go extra mile, which is much appreciated too.

Pros

Friendly work atmosphere, diverse culture, career growth, parties and social events, Pride in the Brand

Cons

Long working hours, hectic, poor worklife balance

Best place to work

I spent 18years in HSBC. In HSBC Every day is a new experience, it is a world of innovation. In addition HSBC promotes well-being at work and creates a positive work environment.

Pros

Fairness

Cons

Pressure

Big organisation

- working under pressure - Good team spirit. - Nice facilities - Banking experience - Customer Relationship - Information technology experience - International Company

Fun workplace and friendly colleagues

The colleagues are friendly but the managers are not always supportive and ignore important issues. There is a lot of partiality regarding salary and employment. But other than that the people are friendly and have a lot of fun activities on a regular basis

Good Culture, Bad Management

HSBC is one of the big Multinational Banks in Qatar. Their work culture is much development in comparison than most of other corporate in Qatar which is due to ther experience they get from other HSBC Geo Branches. The problem with HSBC is Qatarization which HSBC forced to Put bad management as Senior Management which didn't make HSBC have significant market sure or any significant present in Qatar

best place to gain a great work experience

The best place to gain a great work experience with a lovely work atmosphere.If anybody wants to take banking astheir future career ,HSBC is the best palce to gain a great experience workwise and personal wise too.

Great career progression

Great company and career opportunities. Good salary and benefits. Friendly co workers and you feel part of a team. Great opportunity to meet new people.

Pros

Career progression

Attractive Work Enviroment

The Work Enviroment is a high value culture in the Company which can lead to Challenging , motivating , enjoyable and creative benefits

Fun place to work, great management, down to earth, always helpful

I enjoyed working with HSBC and wished I was never urged to leave due to my sponsorship issues. Great management and always helpfull. Fellow workers are always cheerful and ready to assist during work pressure. Truly is the best place to work.

Pros

Susidised Food rates at the Canteen, CS activity participation, Community Service during Ramadan and otherwise

Cons

Work pressure and deadlines

Productive and great experience.

Great opportunity in accordance with my degree. I was trained to work in the position of a full-time employee who had gone on holiday. Importance of ethics and compliance was taught to me.

Downward Spiral

Hsbc is an international bank that is in a downward spiral. Highly process driven bank that is not concerned about business development ideas, rather on compliance and fixing their internal controls. Systems are out dated, a lot of red tape involved, a lot of approvals required to do small tedious tasks.

like a typical day in the bank

it would be like a typical day at the bank, more stressful at times due to ongoing operational risk issues and shortage of staff.

Pros

friendly culture, healthcare and open communication

Cons

poor worklife balance most of the times

Very nice place to work

Very nice team,helpful management,I was enjoying my work with learning new skills in dealing with customers over the phone as well as face to face assistance.

Pros

50 per cent discount on duty meals

Cons

no over time, No accomodation allowence

It was fun to work in HSBC.

I had a team of wonderful, diverse colleagues who were hardworking, cooperative and fun to work with. Esprit De Corps was kind of a motto there. My boss was encouraging and helped me with all the queries and doubts I had regarding my work. It was a wonderful team.

Since banking is my line of work i really love doing my job. Ive learned different kind of sensitive transactions. The management and my co-workers are very supportive. The hardest part is on end of the month because of salary day. I enjoy everything of it.

Pros

Benefits, colleagues, overtimes

Cons

Disbalances

Is a place where you can learn new things almost everyday and WAS a good place to work.

HSBC was a good place to work.But now with staff reduction and multiple projects happening simultaneously the stress level at work has immensely increased with added stretch targets,. People have become so caught up and engrossed with work that there is no more time for fun .Earlier we used to have fun Thursdays and theme days but the environment in the bank has changed which is not motivating to the employees at all.

Pros

cant think of any now..

Cons

Stress, no breaks, working almost every weekend, multiple projects along with daily work to be handled at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K
4.9K
2.6K

• HSBC
  • Doha
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?