ERM

ERM Employee Reviews

Challenging

ERM is a good company. Co workers are usually good at helping you if you need it. The company does great things with their foundation that includes all and anything to do with the environment - global sustainability!But, of course there are cons to the job. You are expected to meet your quota and participate in different projects and activities. With the type of requisitions that are being filled, it can be quit challenging. Some of management is only looking out for themselves. To management heavy.Lots of turnover Hope this helps

Great colleagues. World class clients

One of the best in the business. Consultants have an opportunity to work with world class clients too. However pay scale is much lower and bonus depends on how greedy the PARTNER is. As a leader in sustainability, I would really want to see the ethnicity pay gap report.

Great pay but not enough billable work

Unfortunately management fired me after reassuring me I was doing great, gave me a raise, and tried to help me find more billable work. They even cut my health insurance the day of letting me go, no severance, and kept part of my vacation time pay from me. A very disheartening experience.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No support

Great work atmosphere and engaging projects

The New Orleans office is so inviting, and all members of the office look out for one another. As a junior member of the staff, people throughout the company are eager to get you integrated into new projects and let you explore your career interests throughout your business unit.

Pros

Nice office, supportive upper management

Cons

n/a

Fast paced learning

It is a good place to learn and grow however they don't pay enough and when collaborating with other teams; the culture and time difference makes it harder to work effectively.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Long hours and not enough work

Very poor people integrity

Very poor balance of focus, the organisation is focused on making money, not focused on doing something of value and making money in the process. Low trust and in need of leadership who deeply live the values rather than tick a box (at the side of the desk) it’ll do

Great First Job

You’ll learn a lot here as a new graduate and it’s a great place to gain industry experience. Just be wary of them taking advantage of working you too much and/or sticking you on repetitive tasks.

Focus on bill ability

Obviously billability is important in consulting but ERM focuses on it so much that it is very stressful. Not much help from management to address this.

Bad place to work

Bad management. Partners run things poorly. It is the haves and the have nots. Too much unnecessary training on unimportant he topics. Horrible place to work. They do not care about employees

Salaires bas, demande d’implication excessive et procédures groupes non pertinentes

Salaires bas, demande d’implication excessive et procédures groupes étouffantes

Pros

Collaboration internationale

Cons

Salaire bas, pas d’innovation, procédures groupes étouffantes

All about billable hours and sales credit even when you are on a technical track.

Goals are made by the company. Most people can expect to have to be 80-95% billable along with having a sales credit that you need to meet. And that is the only metrics they care about. They don't care about the quality of the work you provide. There is no development plan to move up. The pay is not good-they'll often say they give you flexibility which industry will not which I don't think is true anymore after COVID. They also don't help you start up when you get there-they literally expect you just to get clients and go from there. If you don't meet your billable hours for the year, they up your billable rate (by $25-$60 per hour). It makes no sense because if you couldn't get work at a lower rate, how are you going to get work at higher rate thus setting you up for failure. The raises are terrible (if they give you one), the 401K isn't much and it took them until 2022 to final give a few weeks of maternity leave and they tote it like they deserve a pat on the back. Sick days also counted against your billable work until about a week ago. You also top out on vacation so past a few years, there is no benefit to staying there.

Pays well, at or above industry norm.

Well compensated for work.Typical six day a week, however management may require 7-13 day runs depending upon construction constraints. Overtime and per diem in most cases.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

No insurance for spouse

Encouraging work environment with growth opportunities

I started at ERM Minneapolis a few months ago and absolutely love it so far. The work environment is so encouraging and friendly and you can tell they really care about their employees as individuals. There is a great work-life balance, great benefits, and I think I am paid fairly. The company is always working to be better, which I really appreciate. I look forward to the opportunities to grow within the company!

Pros

Free lunches, good benefits, relaxed work environment, growth opportunities

Cons

Poor feedback, badly organized at times

Great Management in my Immediate Position

The job was fine and my management and fellow employees were great and supportive. I know there were some issues with upper management and how project managers handled some issues, and I know some gave me issues as well, but for the most part, it was fine. Typical deadlines for projects and targets to hit. I just found that I was looking for more rewarding work and was not being compensated appropriately for the amount of work I was doing.

Young, enthusiastic workplace

Everyone here seems to care deeply about the work we do and each other; I love remote flexibility and working with people that share my passion. Always something new to learn and try

Terrible

My location (West) had high expectations and low pay. Benefits are terrible, 6 days of sick time for the entire year, god forbid you get the flu. Pay raises are not based on your reviews or your accomplishments, but on how your manager feel about you at the time. They make positions exempt so they don’t have to pay overtime, then they expect you to work 45-50 hrs per week. They do not care much about their employees life work balance. They regularly hire a group of people and after a month or so lay them off without any notice or compensation, some of those people left other jobs to work for ERM. If you’re looking for stability ERM West is not the place for you.

Good experience

I would recommend ERM! Formative and engaging environment. Great people and international environment.Not the standard consulting company, managers care about you.

Pros

Formative and engaging environment.

Cons

Not so much training at the beginning

A toxic company!

ERM treats its staff and clients terribly. Staff are under-paid and over-worked and can be fired at a moment's notice by greedy senior management who only care about how much money they make. The staff turnover is huge!Clients are also exploited. ERM uses every trick it can find to extend contract value, and is well known for using senior people to sell a project then substituting them with inexperienced juniors when a project has been won.

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Toxic culture, zero job security, low pay, high stress, amoral top management.

Good office culture and work life balance. Varies from office to office but senior leadership cares for people and so does the leadership in my office. Great benefits.

Typical Environmental Consulting

Very high focus on billability/sales goals. You're only as good as your last quarter numbers. Good mix of interesting projects. Limited management support.

Pros

Lots of variety

Cons

High pressure, feel like a number

Global thought leader with tons of room to grow and expand knowledge. Very interesting projects and team atmosphere.

Very interesting place to work for people who are self starters and who don't need to be asked to jump in and get engaged, Can be a bit daunting for inexperienced or newer staff in a seller doer type of environment, COVID has made integration of new staff difficult with almost all work being completed remotely.

Pros

Very interesting projects, with opportunities to work on global teams. Very open to relocations if requested.

Cons

Easy to get lost if not self starter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ERM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits