DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Qatar99 reviews
Read and know your contract before you sign up. I was not lied to but I was not told the whole truth either. Understand all of the contract ask lots of questions
Pros
For a single person the money is good
Cons
Pay when your on leave is not good you never get 7th day its a trap
Think of it as you're being in military with a little bit of freedom. You're expected to be electrian technician and a fuel truck driver. While its 120 degree outside you should be working 30 mins and resting 30 mins but that won't happen. You will be asked to be safe and hydrated while being 12 hrs working under high temperatures and humidity.
Pros
Low expenses and i cant think of anything else.
Cons
No PPE provided, trashy accommodation, lack of management, short staffed, and no tools to do your job.
I'm so very glad I'm done with them. I felt like I was held as an hostage, and had to plan an escape to freedom. I plead the 5th because if I were to say more about this pathetic company, it would be all profanity. The whole management team
Work very long hours for not a lot of pay. Supervisors showed little to no concern for employees. Toxic work environment. Scared to report supervisor for severe misconduct
Overall Dyncorp has the potential to be a better company to employees. This would increase the employee desire to stay longer on contracts. When your under paid it makes it hard to work with or around other people doing the same job getting 1/3 more pay then you. Fair wages would change the Dyncorp brand.
I interviewed for a position in storage, was awarded the job and was excited. i boarded the plane flew to quatar. processed in got to my housing arangement and settled in then got a call that i was no longer going to be working that job. instead got sent to another shop.
you will work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week with 2 hours travel each day minimum.

housing is nice. the company car they promise is never shared. one person gets the car and take you to and from work.
As i said the company is good but if your looking for career advancements its not a good choice specially if you're not a sri lankan. Why i said this cause before you can learn about the new position offers by the company its already taken by a sri lankan guy which worst sometimes its doesn't qualify or dont have the qualification. The top management of the company specially here in qatar are sri lankans.
When I started the job it was very competitive. After a few promotions into management I realized that the quality of personnel on the hiring process was to lax. The Upper management on site was very judgmental with lack of professionalism by letting personal feelings get in the way of work ethics
The hardest part of the job that we do out here is that the upper level management does not see it or care they are only interested in the bottom dollar so if their employees suffer because of cuts to salary or people being laid off so that their pockets can remain the same then they will do
Horrible company to work for. Favortism. My Superintendent, Site Manager and onsite HR rep lacked integrity. Horrible management culture. Employees are treated with a level of disrespect that I have never encountered before. There are so many better options.
In my time with DynCorp I grew in leaps and bounds professionally. I was given the tools and opportunity to obtain skills and talents necessary to become a stronger leader
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
not enough time in a day to complete work
Observed and enforced all USAF and AFOSH security standards during both explosive and nonexplosive operations.
Evaluated production and equipment performance to identify deficient areas and implement corrective actions.

Evaluated proficiency and skills of assigned personnel to ensure proper training was instituted.

Analyzed munitions production for compliance in accordance with quality assurance.

Identified potential problems and recommended time sensitive solutions.

Ensured the availability of most recent work center publications needed to perform work duties.

Managed the reconditioning/repair program for munitions containers.

Enforced timely action to identify explosive assets failing Storage Monitoring Inspections to ensure the consistent identification and marking with the appropriate DD Form 1500-series tag.

Managed munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosive standards, conduction warehouse inventories and correction of any discrepancies.

Coordinated with Munitions Accountability Section to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during warehouse and shipping operations.

Acted as Section Supervisor during his absence.

Lead the upload and download of trucks with incoming and outgoing munitions shipments.

Participated in the planning, management, and preparation of munitions shipments (land, air, and sea).

Supervised the management of tool storage, CTKs, and special equipment for compliance actions.

Awarded Lightning Bolt for outstanding performance during South MSA move.

Successfully accomplished
 - more...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long Hours
The pay and benefits were amazing. Management was only out for themselves and always look to pin any error or deficiency on somebody. Favoritism runs rapid in this company. "Good ole boy's club" is alive and well.
The distance from work and your living place was quite far.There were rental cars for transportion but they were limited. The wait to enter the work area was very long.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Low pay and very long wait to enter the work site.
a good company worked on 2 different jobs in Qatar and Kuwait management was good and was respected and received promtions pay was okay. The people I i supervised were exceptional and we hard workers.
Pros
good work place with dedicated workers
Cons
pay was not great but had promotions which advaned my salary
Great for a single person with no kids or family or Bill's trying you to the states but for a family oriented person with small children not that great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Always exhausted.
This was my stepping stone in the Middle East. I started of in this company as an Accounts Assistant and was able to perform in various function through projects. Management includes key personnel for decision making process. I grow in the company and last position was Business Manager
Pros
Recognition, training
Cons
Nothing until i left
This job was a complete waste of time. they work you like dogs with the minimum people possible. I worked in a shop that was suppose to be 6 people deep there were only three of us one who was not qualified. I got sick and got thrown to the wolves like i assent reliant and dint keep the company afloat while there was no supervision.
Good company to work for well provided in uniform. Nice and calm work location. There’s so many opportunities for career advancement. Good company to work for.
Pros
Free housing / meals
Cons
Good health benefits
Required operational realignment and discipline of a guard force that was inadequately trained. Problems with getting management to recruit quality personnel for positions and even more difficult to remove people from the contract for poor performance or disciplinary issues.
did the same job as I did in the Air Force, so I was at home minus adjusting to the desert... The heat was hard to adjust to and the brightness of the sun. The country that was shipped to wasn't always the friendliest.
Pros
tax free zone
Cons
heat, travel time