DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 77 reviews matching the search See all 3,367 reviews
Just a good ol boys club
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 11, 2019
I interviewed for a position in storage, was awarded the job and was excited. i boarded the plane flew to quatar. processed in got to my housing arangement and settled in then got a call that i was no longer going to be working that job. instead got sent to another shop.
you will work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week with 2 hours travel each day minimum.
housing is nice. the company car they promise is never shared. one person gets the car and take you to and from work.
management
Munitions Element Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 4, 2019
When I started the job it was very competitive. After a few promotions into management I realized that the quality of personnel on the hiring process was to lax. The Upper management on site was very judgmental with lack of professionalism by letting personal feelings get in the way of work ethics
Fun place to work
MRAP C4I QC Technician DynCorp International (Current Employee) –  DohaAugust 17, 2019
The hardest part of the job that we do out here is that the upper level management does not see it or care they are only interested in the bottom dollar so if their employees suffer because of cuts to salary or people being laid off so that their pockets can remain the same then they will do
Horrible company to work for in Qatar
SHIFT P SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  QatarAugust 4, 2019
Horrible company to work for. Favortism. My Superintendent, Site Manager and onsite HR rep lacked integrity. Horrible management culture. Employees are treated with a level of disrespect that I have never encountered before. There are so many better options.
On the job growth is a must
Alternate Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Doha QatarFebruary 24, 2019
In my time with DynCorp I grew in leaps and bounds professionally. I was given the tools and opportunity to obtain skills and talents necessary to become a stronger leader
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
not enough time in a day to complete work
Good team work
Munitions Tech (Former Employee) –  QatarJanuary 20, 2019
Observed and enforced all USAF and AFOSH security standards during both explosive and nonexplosive operations.
Evaluated production and equipment performance to identify deficient areas and implement corrective actions.
Evaluated proficiency and skills of assigned personnel to ensure proper training was instituted.
Analyzed munitions production for compliance in accordance with quality assurance.
Identified potential problems and recommended time sensitive solutions.
Ensured the availability of most recent work center publications needed to perform work duties.
Managed the reconditioning/repair program for munitions containers.
Enforced timely action to identify explosive assets failing Storage Monitoring Inspections to ensure the consistent identification and marking with the appropriate DD Form 1500-series tag.
Managed munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosive standards, conduction warehouse inventories and correction of any discrepancies.
Coordinated with Munitions Accountability Section to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during warehouse and shipping operations.
Acted as Section Supervisor during his absence.
Lead the upload and download of trucks with incoming and outgoing munitions shipments.
Participated in the planning, management, and preparation of munitions shipments (land, air, and sea).
Supervised the management of tool storage, CTKs, and special equipment for compliance actions.
Awarded Lightning Bolt for outstanding performance during South MSA move.
Successfully accomplished
  more... first ever BLU-129/B carbon case field level repairs, resulting in DI Ammo submitting a Contractor Award Fee Input (CAFI). This achievement saved the USAF over $37,000. Paved the way for future field repair of critical assets in the AOR, and minimized the shipment of assets back to deport for repair.
Ensured appropriate protocol, rules, regulations, and procedures were observed.
Provided monthly and daily safety briefing, or ensured qualified TSA personnel were available to conduct the briefing.
Ensured accident and injury related reports were generated and delivered to senior management.
Conducted, issued, and reported Self Audits.
Ensured SOP’s, IWI’s, and AMC Drawing were up-to-date and properly located.
Provided safety training for TSA personnel upon Branch Manger’s request.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long Hours
Cut-Throat Management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarDecember 24, 2018
The pay and benefits were amazing. Management was only out for themselves and always look to pin any error or deficiency on somebody. Favoritism runs rapid in this company. "Good ole boy's club" is alive and well.
location
LEAD GROUND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT (GSE) TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  QatarNovember 17, 2018
The distance from work and your living place was quite far.There were rental cars for transportion but they were limited. The wait to enter the work area was very long.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Low pay and very long wait to enter the work site.
all about mission
Unit Set Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 13, 2018
a good company worked on 2 different jobs in Qatar and Kuwait management was good and was respected and received promtions pay was okay. The people I i supervised were exceptional and we hard workers.
Pros
good work place with dedicated workers
Cons
pay was not great but had promotions which advaned my salary
Precision guided munitions technician (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 8, 2018
Great for a single person with no kids or family or Bill's trying you to the states but for a family oriented person with small children not that great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Always exhausted.
Employee Friendly Experience
Business Ma (Former Employee) –  Kuwait and QatarOctober 1, 2018
This was my stepping stone in the Middle East. I started of in this company as an Accounts Assistant and was able to perform in various function through projects. Management includes key personnel for decision making process. I grow in the company and last position was Business Manager
Pros
Recognition, training
Cons
Nothing until i left
dyncorp intl
Inventory /Equipment/MRSP Allocation Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 19, 2018
This job was a complete waste of time. they work you like dogs with the minimum people possible. I worked in a shop that was suppose to be 6 people deep there were only three of us one who was not qualified. I got sick and got thrown to the wolves like i assent reliant and dint keep the company afloat while there was no supervision.
Stress free environment
Escort Lead Housekeeper supervisory (Former Employee) –  Doha, QASeptember 12, 2018
Good company to work for well provided in uniform. Nice and calm work location. There’s so many opportunities for career advancement. Good company to work for.
Pros
Free housing / meals
Cons
Good health benefits
Base defense contract
Deputy Program Manager, Base Security Services (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 7, 2018
Required operational realignment and discipline of a guard force that was inadequately trained. Problems with getting management to recruit quality personnel for positions and even more difficult to remove people from the contract for poor performance or disciplinary issues.
not bad other than relocating
MUNITIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 6, 2018
did the same job as I did in the Air Force, so I was at home minus adjusting to the desert... The heat was hard to adjust to and the brightness of the sun. The country that was shipped to wasn't always the friendliest.
Pros
tax free zone
Cons
heat, travel time
Productive and Focused Driven
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 22, 2018
Company does an excellent job of setting goals and is goal driven. Employees are diverse but seek to establish family oriented work environment. High Security and Threat level environment where people are constantly on guard and seek to prevent and report criminal and terrorists activity.
A work place
Traffic Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 22, 2018
Its a work place or its just having a job. Some resources are available and some are not. A very easy job for just wanting or getting a monthly pay check.
Great company
Team Leader & QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarMarch 8, 2018
Very good place to work for a contractor. Hands off management, posted in Paktika Province and before that I was in Qatar. Worked as Security Team Lead and before that I was QA/QC Specialist.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Away from home
Work here between Careers
Munitions Inspector (Current Employee) –  dohaJanuary 7, 2018
If you need some cash and a good way to transition from the military to something else this is the place for you. If you have been working as a civilian for more than a year after separating then just leave this company alone, you won't enjoy it and probably won't last more than 90 days.

The management is sub par, the company has written itself into a corner with WI's and AFI's and god knows what else. You WILL do more than what your contract says whether it is working hours, or job description. Your managers will get on your last nerve, and you will learn to hate the Guard and Reserves with a burning passion.

Other than that the benefits are ok, 30 days paid leave is great (you will need every single one of them to maintain sanity) dental is kinda lame, you have to pay upfront and get reimbursed later.

Sorry for the mild language, indeed won't let me use my colorful ammo tounge.

After 5 years you get a watch!
Good contract experience.
Power Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  QatarDecember 25, 2017
Enjoyed my job, management was fair and helpful. Ability to operate my department the way I felt necessary without too much interference from Upper Management. Great place to create my own environment.
Pros
Flexibility to operate on my own.
Cons
Management sometimes out of touch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K