Doha Academy

Doha Academy Employee Reviews

Leadership and executive management backing up teachers unconditionally; The school community open to feedback and welcomes constructive criticism; School rich in term of cultural diversity, people are accepted and respected as they are.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
lack of bonuses and salaries review.
I believe that there is no school that is completely perfect, but having your school as a second family where senior management and leadership team and even staff members are absolutely helpful and supportive, this overcomes all the other disadvantages of the school. Hope the other technical and printing issues get resolved soon to have an excellent school.
The school is a great place to work in, it just feels like home there, administration and SLT are very helpful and approachable, teachers are very supportive. Highly recommended school.
The overall atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable. The SLT are supportive and always passionate to make a successful educational experience for the students. Huge imrovements have been taking place in terms of all categories. Most importantly, the Islamic ethoes are well-implicated within the curriculum. I highly recommend working in this school.
This place would be good if not for the hopeless management/HR dept.I enjoyed time with my students and most of my colleagues but unfortunately the school is a business and you will be treated as a number.School accommodation is below par and far from campus so you get stuck in traffic before and after schoolThey promise free WiFi but don’t deliverIncrements aren’t yearly Travel and living allowances are not offeredSchool will lie to QNSA auditors to pass HR staff are constantly replaced so most don’t know processes and keep making mistakesSchool resources are tight Support in the classroom is almost non-existentBad student behaviour is not followed up by SLTTHE SCHOOL DISMISSED OVER 40 STAFF MEMBERS IN THE MIDDLE OF COVID LOCKDOWN TO SAVE MONEY (even though students had paid up for the year)
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
All in description
Welcoming from day one, the pay and the actual job are good. If you get your job done and teach children well you will be happy. People are nice and you make friends easy. New changes made the school so much better.
Awful. Just awful. Management inept and vindictive. Behaviour policy non existent. Just can't emphasize enough: avoid this school!
Pros
Good colleagues, gallows humour
Cons
Everything else
The school was an Islamic school, with students predominantly from the Middle East. A lot of pupils were very difficult to manage. Each day was very busy. Management was supportive. Colleagues (fellow teachers) were very supportive and helpful.
Working overseas has its advantages, but the disadvantages outway the advantages. The compound was far from the school and we had to get up at four every morning. In the afternoon when you had to do grocery shopping you had to take a taxi home, wich was sometimes expensive. There was no entertainment and even going to the beach was frowned upon. Everyone had to pass in your class with top marks, even if they did not deserve it. The religious culture was very oppressive and the slightess slipup from the teacher was criticised.
Pros
The salary was tax free.
Cons
Travelling took a toll on everyone, the school was far from the compound.
Working in this school was working with a family. My colleagues and I worked together to achieve whatever management asked of us. It was stressful but sometimes enjoyable work.
I have had the opportunity to work with a great team of teachers from different parts of the world that helped me to develop and enhance my espoused skills fully.
Pros
training for staff
Cons
short breaks
School days start at 6.30 am and finishes at 2 30 pm. School is following the national curriculum of England. We have 10 lessons per day. School teaches 3 different languages english, arabic and french. The management of the school is very cooperative and helps teachers to give their best in class. My job as French teacher is really challenging as the majority of Students find French hard and find a bid embarrassment to talk in French but my happiest moment of my school life when I listen to students singing with great joy a French song or when one of my students poursuit me around the school to proudly show me a project he prepare.
Pros
Technology facilities
Cons
Short breaks
This business operates as school. Primary head is brilliant but management are money focused. No sense of fairness. If you look the part you're in. If not, you're out.
Pros
Cons
No progression
There are a lot of things wrong with this school. I don't want to say much as it does not benefit me in my search for employment elsewhere. I'll say that this is 2016...not 1999.
All things are going good in general. The management is helpful. We enjoy sharing ideas with kids in the extracurricular activities although it is tough.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
This school pays good salary, however one has no job security what so ever as if somebody decides today i hate this person, you will be gone in an instance. I have seen so many teachers leave for no real reasons. Some are fired and some just never come back. The staff turnover is enormous. Every term there are new faces. The students are the ones who pays the consequences of discontinuity in their education. There is also a major wrestling match ever going on in the management. The Director of school has a feud with the Principal of the boys campus and they try to undermine each other. They have taken turns of the Director position on a number of occasions. This does not fare well with the reputation of the establishment. This attitude transcends in the staff and it has become a traditional feature for the staff to lean towards that attitude and gossip about the clashes of the titans. The atmosphere for teaching and learning is not very conducive at all.
Pros
Good students
Cons
Very bureaucratic processes and no job security.