Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews for Server

Server173 reviews
A day is 9 hours inclusive of 1hou very profer breaks .There is a lot of on the job trainings on the brand and also good,efficient and quality serviced to the guests.How to be number 1
My co workers are friendly ,helpful and very professional.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was a new experience everyday.
Pros
Free meals, lots of indoor and outdoor activities.
Cons
Schedules were frequently released a day or two in advance. Great coworkers, everyone is friendly and they do treat the employees well. But you would expect to know your work schedule well before so you can plan things around work. The people in management were good people but were not well organized.
A great place to work managers set you up to succeed and expect you to make mistakes and are very tolerant and patient, the work environment is beautiful a view of the falls while you work the clientele are from all over the world wich makes the conversation interesting and knowledgeable, also it is a large company with a lot of properties
Pros
Great rates on Hotels
Cons
Its difficult to make money right away
The treatment of staff is bismal at best. If your a bad worker you get 3-4 shifts a week. If your a good worker you get 7 days a week, 10+ hours a day with little to no support & poor management communication.
Pros
Friends, Experience, Connections
Cons
Overworking, Poor managment, little communication.
Really bad management team. No one knows what anyone is doing and no one communicates with the staff. Often decisions are made and staff is cut with no warning. Skeleton crew is how this property is run. You'll get assigned tasks that have nothing to do with your department. And they will have poor compensation for the servers for large group parties and breakfasts. I would never go back.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no breaks, long hours, skeleton staffing, over worked empolyees.
I loved working there words really can’t explain the type of good management going on. They were good on schedules and everything it was a great place to be. I wanted to be at work at all times.
It was very good and lot of learning opportunities very good team work and good management skills and experience in hospitality.the SOD are very helpful for the colligue thay will help you about your service overall it was good experience
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I would not work there again. I had some situations and was compiled to work. But If I had an opportunity and choice to take I would not have worked there for more than 3 months, but end up working 26/27 years.
Best place I’ve ever worked. Staff are like family, they helped me throughout my school career and professional as well. That place was a second home.
Dont get me wrong the hotel had some nice incentives but still had an old feel to it. Owner and gm very dogmatic no money to be made when i was there.
I've worked there 3 years and loved enjoyed every day. I started at the front desk and worked my way up to the executive lounge. The managers
are great and the staff there treat everyone with respect.
Helpful staff cozy place free coffee in lobby great front desk personal good buffet breakfast food great servers clean rooms good dinner room service.
Constant work with amazing management making sure your always looked after in the work environment. The hardest part was the long hours joined in with school however the best of the job was the people and constant socialising with customers.
I have attended an interview which was quite pleasant and easy to do. I have then waited for about two weeks to hear back, but when I did I was offered a permanent job on the spot which was quite reassuring. The culture was very nice and pleasant and the people were a joy to work with.
Well, people there are nice, and friendly, you learn new things everyday, everyone there can help you to be a better employee and a better person, you can trust in anybody there.
This place has always been a complete disaster. Always short staffed, work you grueling hours, from sun up to sun down. It has some perks, like SOME of the employees are really nice and down to earth and make the work bearable, but still you are being worked to the bone. Sometimes we would work for several hours with only a 15 minute break. This place feeds on DRAMA. You tell one person something and in the next hour the rest of the staff knows with added on lies. THIEVES, numerous people from that job had gotten money or random possessions stolen from them. The pay is only good if you work 100+ hours and sometimes you won't even get 40 hours for two weeks. Sometimes we would be out of work for weeks!
DISRESPECTFUL, anyone who is higher up than you looks down on you and tries to make you look like some peasant or a complete imbecile.
I applied for as a food server. Description was misleading. Respinsibilities such as menu and wine knowledge,writing orders.Even interviewed in restaurant.Learned I was ON CALL BANQUET SERVER. The job doesnt relate to much of anything on the job does eruption I applied and was hired for. This happens frequently.Its their way to get banquet servers I was told.That in itself tells you the type of company I was working for. The banquet servers working their are rude, have no manners,yell out you,expect others to do their work, speak disrespectfully without repercussion. There is no real team work.Pay $10 hr but Company charges all events 18% to 20% gratuity company keeps. They make $1000s off gratuity alone. Considering the cheapest meal of a sandwhich,chips a cookie and water runs about $22. They make enough money off gratuity alone, to pay all workers associated with event and still have money left. The company and people in charge of these events are obviously greedy. You never see tips. Because people assume the 18 t0 20 percent gratuity they pay goes to servers but we didn't see even a dime if it Worst place I've ever worked!
poor management , staff was rude to other staff .forced into doing over time and was not paid for the work ,some of the staff was sexist and unprofessional
I didn’t want to leave my job but because the hotel changed ownership I wasn’t able to keep my job. There was a difference on new rules put into place with no guidance to perform new duties.
Great place to work and learn different roles within the restaurant. There was the main restaurant, room service, and banquets. If you have the drive to work and patience, they will teach you.
it gave me confidence in customer services and speaking to the guest and good welcoming personality that our guest like.

i will recommend the guest that this is a friendly and welcoming place with friendly and committed staff

Very highly recommended by past guests.