Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Front Desk Agent177 reviews
The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining a wealth of experience through dealing with clients from various cultural backgrounds.
Security is almost nonexistent. For that huge hotel they only have one security officer and the doors never lock. There were a few situations where homeless people where living in the hotel’s lounge area for days before anyone noticed. The employee exit is never locked and poorly lit. I walked out one night after second shift and there was a man standing outside asking for money. Management was aware of the issues and did nothing. That was 2 years ago, hopefully they are under new management.
Overall I love my job here.... the management at the location I work at which is by the airport is wonderful especially our general manager. The CEO at this location is amazing also, he is very down to earth and doesn't treat his staff like we are less than like you find at some places of employment....I do wish that my pay rate was more and since covid-19 hit unfortunately a lot of us have been furloughed right now however the company has really tried their best to provide employees with meals and also have continued our health insurance for us so I really miss my co-workers and I can't wait to get back!
Pros
Opportunity for advancement within company, most people who work here make you feel like we are a little family, general manager and Front Desk Manager are really wonderful along with other staff as well
Cons
Basically my pay rate is rather low, sometimes there is lack of communication
This was my first job in the hospitality industry, and let me say, everything has been an amazing experience! The people I work with are absolutely amazing and supportive and I can see why people stay at the property for decades. They truly show employees how much they care and appreciate you.
Good experience to acquire , very fast paced environment.

It´s a hotel job , so you can expect high volume of incoming guests, it´s near the airport
Professional environment, respectful coworkers, upper class environment, understanding management, meeting different types of people is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Continental Breakfast
Cons
Short breaks, lack of health insurance.
Pay is bad. Crowne plaza foster city does not pay well. I’ve been there for years and they give you a 25cent raise. The staff there are not very nice and have their cliques
Pros
Hours/ shift
Cons
Pay, respect, managers
This hotel is unclean and has no loyalty to employees I would not recommend anyone work at this location..the staff atmosphere for the most part is ok
IN 2004/2010 when I worked for the company it was a beautiful thing. Friendly environment, great staff an a fabulous place to work. Now in 2018. Until now not so much. The new front desk manager isn't very skilled or trained to handle a fast past place such as the crowne. She's rude an bossy, very annoying an loud. She is very unprofessional

theythrew her in the fire an expected her to catch on, but not aouch.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Crowne Plaza Hotel?
The staff didn't even know the procedures and the management was terrible. Horrible place to work at the time. Everyone who worked there quit. I have heard they have new management there but its the same company that runs it. They are looking to turn it into a different hotel anyways. Just be weary of what they promise. They tend to tell you one thing and then just ignore it.
It was a beautiful hotel, with a swimming pool and a hot tub. Their suites are incredible. I had the best front manager in the world. He would show you how to do anything you were not familiar with without complaint. We all had free gourmet meals and I wish they were still there! I would not be looking for employment!
Management is a joke,childish employee personal information gets out to other departments. No compassion, supervisor makes all the overtime by not keeping a full staff.
I enjoyed working here and wish I was able to stay longer. I received different incentives for my customer service feedback. The hotel was a beautiful place.
I learned how to be a servant leader and to take care of the airline crew members.

I appreciate the fact that the parking lot is secure and that personnel is available 24/7
I love this job, so much fun learn so much just so sad they shut down in Philadelphia very cool place to work, I mat a lot of good people and learn so much from work at the hotel for almost 3 years.
If your cash drawer was off and no one was around to go over it and to try and find out why, the money was taken out of your check. Other people had shown this to others.
The hotel is a fun and very busy place to work. It's also exciting with new challenges and adventurers daily. You have to know how to multitask and also be patient and pleasant. You must know how to prioritize and take control of your shift and do everything with a positive attitude.
Great place to work, need better trainer feel bullied and disrespected more then being trained, yes it’s a great place to work but very bad employee to work with that continues to complain as she train with a nasty attitude, felt bullied when there is something not understood and a question is needed to asked felt disrespected more then taught to correct it I was told scores were down in our department yet I just started working there my probation isn’t up , I was told by a employee that I should know these things yet I wasn’t trained long enough to know most that was encountered, felt disrespected by a trainer (employee) in front of guests if there was something I didn’t understand the trainer belittle me in front of guests which was entirely disrespectful she taunt like a child instead of a want to be employed by the hotel, I was pulled to the office by Human Resources and was told I wasn’t catching on quick enough which was entirely devastating to me to the fact that I couldn’t have a better trainer who act as though she didn’t want me there or wanted me to quit in other words I felt interrogated by her .
Pros
Great lunch
Cons
Awful training
It was nice working here the people here are friendly the work over all is easy and everyone is very helpful. It is fast pace and busy. It requires a lot of attention though
The situation, & accommodations are different every day, except for the daily checklist we do & follow routinely. Mostly pleasant with no major issues. Management, coworkers get along. It is a friendly environment & atmosphere. Majority of our guests are either returning or regular guests from a nearby company. The hardest part is when we have blizzards, power outage or storm & the hotel & parking lot are full. The most enjoyable part of the job is when every guest is happy, zero complaints or issues, especially with big groups from out of towns whether it would weddings, sports, or company events, as well as when we celebrate our housekeeping month, on Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday.
Unless you are th he morning shift you will be expected to work . All.the supervisor are overbearing and manipulative and unless you're good at being a human toilet you won't be able to handle the amount of waste your expected to take.

There are issuse that happen that we out of your control yet you will find yourself solving them stressing over then and crying over then . The managers take vacations to avoid them and the higher up dont listen. Be prepare to basically be told you should be happy here as your health deroriates