Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,607 reviews

Government styled Investment bank

Slow to change, slow to adapt. good place to relax. good work life balance. low salary. Good place for internal mobility. Good place to learn skillsets on office time.

Pros

International mobility

Cons

Salary is low

Good place to work.

Modern office,Very talented teammates,international working environment,good training budget,less attractive benefits,not flat hierarchy,strict policies

Good culture and high calibre people. Supportive of training if you wish to pursue formal training. A variety of projects on offer and development is encouraged.

Good Company

Pros:Good companyGood work life balanceExpected salary on JoiningCons:Slow growthPromotion opportunities restricted in technologyAverage increment

Great place to work but poor job security for fresh graduates and those over 40 years old.

Nice to work at, but job security is poor - especially for newly employed graduates in the first two or three years and those over the age of 40 years old.

Great work life balance

and thats it... not more than great work life balance.. Due to frequent management changes, work keeps changes every year and growth totally depends on the manager you get.

Mostly stable but too many reorgs

Changes in management too frequent to feel safeIt's more about who you know than what you know. Can be a bit of a boys club.No clear vision. All about cost cutting

Great company

Great company, people and work. Management appreciates the team and fosters a great environment to share ideas. Dedicated to personal growth. Great benefits and perks

It's a great place to work, learn and develop but with a catch

CS is a good place to work where if you are good at your job unless major circumstances you will do good and progress. Pay is ok, nothing wow, some nice benefits, but could definitely improve in adopting some of the newer trends on employee comfort. You will work with people around the globe and this for me is a plus as it enriches your knowledge and diversity.

Pros

Good infrastructure, skilled people, ability to progress your career.

Cons

Slow technology adoption, very regulated, hard to get things going sometimes due to so much burocracy and controls.

Decent company to work for, work life balance nosedived towards the end

Started off my career here and the beginning it was greatwoth lots of learning opportunities. Great people to work with. Towards the end of my stint here, I was the SME on the team and my work life balance suffered terribly. I was getting calls at all hours of the night. Management didn't do anything about it so I went elsewhere.

Extremely hierarchical and bureaucratic organization. Morale is at its lowest point, especially in the US.

The organization has changed tremendously in the past 8-10 years--and not for the better. Management is inept and short-sighted. Hierarchy has gotten more intense. Overall, morale is very low, especially for those in the US. The work set-up has become reasonably flexible since the pandemic started at least.

No strategy, no focus, no drive

In the time I have been at this employee, it has been meetings with no agenda, no focus. People that have been hired has not shown up, or left right away. No onboarding process that works and lack of team spirit.

Good job.

Easy if you do what you are assigned. Can get behind. Steady flow of work and great management. Good pay for the work required. Plenty of room to move up in the company.

Productive, many products and interesting aspects of finance to learn.

Overall a great place to work, you will need to earn everything here they don’t give out anything for free but generally management is fair and the benefits are great. If you’re looking for a 9-5 where you can keep a low profile this is NOT the place.

Pros

Lots of help from management with learning products

Cons

Long hours, promotion can take a while

Good coporate culture with nice people

Good coporate culture and nice working environment. Management has a strong vision and communcations are clear to all employee. People are generally nice and deliver high quality of services. As a new joiner, learning path could be steep as IT and operation systems are decoupled and proprietary. Lack of documentation and self-contained team structure could be challenge for any new joiners. Risk management are something need to be improved.

Pros

Nice people, Good and healthy working environment, Open and fair corporate culture, Compensation and benefit are generally

Cons

Technologies and systems are relatively outdated comparing to industry peers, Working hours are long, Career progression is slow.

Good pay as a contractor. Sub par as a FTE. Unmanageable workload. Long hours.

This is my review being a contractor for CS for 11 months from Jan 2021 - Nov 2021 working fully remote during the COVID pandemic. My particular department had an insane amount of work. High turnover because of just the non-stop, almost "busy" work. I've seen 5 contractors and 2 FTE leave within my 11 months at CS. Ultimately, I left as well because I could not handle the high-stress, mind numbing amount of work. There was absolutely no work/life balance. You would think a European company would be better than the average American corporate culture.... And they began pushing people back into the office beginning of November while COVID was still rampant through the US.On a positive note, I've made really good friends with my coworkers. They are the reason why I managed to stay so long. I would not have lasted so long without them. PS when they tried to convert me to FTE, they offered me $7k less than what I was making as a contractor stating that "I didn't have enough experience" to make the same contractor pay...

Pros

Remote/remote friendly, often free food, nice campus, made good friends with my coworkers

Cons

Sub par pay as a FTE, horrible work/life balance, unmanageable workload, often long hours, manual excel work

Maternity benefits are very good. 20 wks fully paid for birth parent.

During pandemic non essential workers are permitted if their job allows to work from home. Only issue is growth within company really depends on who is your manager in the department.

Pros

Flexibility to work from home. Gym onsite in NYC.

Cons

Salary increases are low compared to similar banks.

Overworked and overstressed

Life at CS means that you have to work harder than you ever imagined, for not being compensated. Think about it and weigh in your options before accepting a job at CS.Our team has been overworked for years and the results is that out of four people I am the only one left!

A place where you can learn a lot but can’t get paid fairly.

No annual pay increase and very little bonus. Very hard to get promoted. All over it’s been very demoralized and discouraging. The job can be a good stepping stone, but I wouldn’t stay here forever.

Professional development is what you make of it

In a large institution as Credit Suisse, opportunities for personal development are everywhere. However, the ever-changing strategy and international way of working is not for the faint-hearted. Work-life balance is present if you actively take care of it.

Good place

Co-operative environment, fun at work and inclusion. Good management and work life balance.Industry standard Compensation and lot of focus on internal mobility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Suisse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits