Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,396 reviews

better pay than most retailers

The people who have been working there for many years make good money about 23 hourly. You have to work there many years to make this kind of money. It can get busy especially during holidays. It was an ok place to work.

Busy and Fast Pace

Decent job, fast pace, hard on the body, many employees. The pay and benefits make it worth the job though. Overall, enjoyed my time working there but don't plan on ever going back.

Best retail/customer service job

Fair pay and good benefits. It’s definitely the best option for someone looking to work a job in retail or customer service. The company really does take care of its employees.

Great pay, benefits, management and schedule

Great place to work and everybody loves Costco - advancement is always available and you get opportunities and feel good about the hard work you put in. It’s retail, and retail work but it’s a great place to work and it keeps you busy no matter what!

What is the best part of working at the company?Everything the cleanliness the environment the people lol not to mention the payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Only good times at this company no stress What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great no complaints What is a typical day like for you at the company?Smooth sailing

Draining

Poor management. Horrible place to work at. Everyone there seemed to hate their job. Couldn’t ask for help because they wouldn’t help out at all. Favoritism.

Great company

Costco as a whole is great, but be careful. It has a way of sucking people in. You don't start at full time, I was there over 2 years and still barely broke 30+ hours a week. Management is important, but because they've been there so long, often times they're complacent and take their personal opinions into account in regards to a lot within the warehouse. Great money and not too hard anywhere in the warehouse

Pros

benefits, pay, cool coworkers, members

Cons

management, time needed to move up

It's a job

Nice people, work is pretty mind-numbing and repetitive. A lot of people that work at Costco tend to stay at Costco. Nice office location and a great food court.

Pros

Food court

Cons

Pay could be better

Fast Past Environment

You definitely have to work hard in order make it at Costco. The pay is fair. A few negatives in my opinion are need more breaks to get off your feet sometimes the management forget to give you your break. Also, for seasonal associates your schedule is constantly being changed, as too many managers are in there making changes to your schedule and nobody calls or emails you to let you know. So you constantly have to check your schedule on ESS before going to work, as they may take you off the schedule or change the hours that you work.

Standing

loved my specific job and my boss, but this is a family, still private company. If you are not family or in good with them, there is not much room for advancement. Where I was with my job was great, but other plants, you might advance, you might not. Depends on if you are liked. Pay is low for the industry, and raises are not much, and hard to come by. They are a good group of people for the most part.

Productive and got lots to do

Work is consistent. Supervisors and coworkers that have been there for awhile are helpful if you got any questions or need of assistance. Fast-paced environment. You and communicate effectively. Be aware of some staff, there are some are engaged in work politics. Management is alright. if my work is getting affected negatively, I address it. They could be reasonable, some are don’t. Customers are always the highlight of the day depending on your job in the warehouse. As a cashier/cashier assistant, be professional when they’re getting impatient. Not to worry, its only one or two members a day that are like that and somedays, none.

Pros

Occasionally has free food, Great benefits, consistent work.

Cons

Work politics

Great On the Outside, Not on the Inside

I was thrilled when I was hired at my Costco as a seasonal. I was told that most people who are hired as seasonals are hired for full time and that since this specific location was opening up a new, larger building we would most likely all be continuing our jobs. Well, after about two weeks of working (part time, when they needed me) they stopped scheduling me. When I’d call and ask what’s going on, I was told they just can’t guarantee hours. I tried to take shifts from other people but a few days later I heard from a current employee that they had let go of all of the seasonal hires to cut payroll… including me. I quit my previous job to work here part time for less than a month only to be let go and never hear from them again. The job itself was also a bad experience for me. There were very few helpful staff members (not even managers) who actually trained me. I was thrown into the front end with no training with rude cashiers with no patience for new hires. I was treated like an idiot when I’d make a mistake or do the job slightly slower than needed. I feel as though I was not given a fair chance at this job. The benefits may be great but I’d rather get paid less to be in a positive work environment.

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, nice break area, free membership

Cons

Rude coworkers, lack of training, unorganized, no communication

Fun Workplace

Fast paced and always something to do. The hours can be inflexible at times if you are newer to the company. They value seniority and employees who are willing to help in all areas. Be prepared to work hard each day.

seasonal work

It was good for making some quick cash for the holiday season, with the option for permanent employment afterwards. Mostly outside/front end physical work

Pros

good pay

Good environment

Starting pay is above average. Management is decent. Hardest part of the job was the drama that constantly happened. Learned how to decorate cakes and worked hard doing go backs.

What is the best part of working at the company?Covid pay for when you’re sick. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Depending on your supervisor or managers you job could be disappointing and stressful. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Can be very off putting due the the individual social groups formed within the work setting. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Show up, work long and hard and get little recognition for it.

Productive and fun workplace

A fantastic job there is unlike any other. I would highly recommend this job to everybody. this job also has great benefits and they didn’t really care about all of their employees.

Productive, Great management and training opportunities, team building, great benefits!

I have no negative comments about Costco, there is alot of room for advancement because they post job openings in house first. I worked on the front end, the food quart, and the deli during my employment with Costco. It is definitely a supportive environment, the CEO would come and visit and thank the employees. The pay is good, you can pick up hours in other departments if you want to. The insurance for part time and full time is amazing, 401k and they match your contributions to your retirement 50%. they give raises every so many hours. You get sick time and vacation, but you have to reach a good number of hours first. Best company ever, left only because I wanted to express a different career avenue.

Pays good

Top out is almost $30 an hour and you get time and a half on sundays. Job is easy but management is lazy and there are a lot of lazy people who will stay there until a manager who cares decides to get rid of them

Fun place to work with plenty of advancement available

I regret leaving the company. Pay and benefits were outstanding. Management cared about the staff. You can learn a lot and gain great experience. Fun people to work with.

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Don't have anything bad to say

What is the best part of working at the company?The people I worked with were friendly, welcoming and helpful. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Members/CustomersWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very good and generous company. Managers tried and continually worked at making staff feel thanked. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Moving around store performing various assignments, helping members find things and checking receipts and memberships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits