Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

Showing all 18,563 reviews

it's good place to work.

Citi Bank is good bank to work I wish they were not closing branches in VA. I really enjoyed working there. I really like their sales incentives pay was really good.

Interesting work and a talented team.

Open office is often VERY noisy and not conducive to productivity, especially if you like a quiet work environment. Good variety of work. Everyone is hired as a temp.

Great benefits and room to grow

Great Company to work for. They do a very extensive background screening, so be prepared to be completely honest about yourself in the application. The hiring process is nice and straightforward. The managers are very good at giving you an idea of what to expect.

Great place to work. Great team!!

Citi is a great job. I have the best team!! Feels like family more then coworkers. Always have help when needed. Working night shift has been the best decision.

Will drop you on a dime

All I have to say about Citi is they need to get their communication together as well as be less selfish. The department I worked it got put overseas and they put us in a new department with completely different schedules and it was just awful experience working there overall.

Toxic workplace

I would not recommend this company to anyone. Pay is low for the stress you're under. Branch I worked for is filled with paranoid people who see any sign of success as a move to get their position and will try to boot you out. No compliments from manager and no growth opportunities allowed. It's a shame that so many good coworkers I know left. Maybe if you applied, you will be positioned in a better environment. Good luck!

Career advancement

I love Citibank. I know that there are many resources to find answers when I'm in doubt. Everyone here is supportive and helpful. When I told my manager I want to advance in my career, my manager completely supports me.

Great place for growth.

It's a high performance environment and can sometimes be stressful but will give you all the opportunity you need to grow and even travel abroad on short term assignments.

Great to work with smart people who are committed to helping the company,community and each other

Great colleagues very talented...push you to be better. Strong leadership, clear priorities, disciplined approach to operations management. Learned alot.

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Na

Nice colleagues and good work culture

Colleagues are nice and willing to teach.Casual culture, no micro management.Salary increment each year is too little.Difficult to change to other departments.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Citi?

Figure it out and don’t rely on technology

Training is 2 weeks and doesn’t prepare you on how to use the systems at all. Toggling back and forth from outdated software that is supposed to work together but rarely does while customers are wondering why it’s taking so long to do a simple transaction. You have about 8 passwords/usernames you need to remember that are constantly having to be updated. Pay increase is once a year, maybe, as well as bonus programs. Bonus programs/ incentives change and haven’t been in the benefit of the employee recently. Added responsibility without added pay because job description has eg. among other tasks/duties. In this industry it is common to have to jump from one company to another to keep your wage/salary competitive with inflation. I do not recommend applying for a job at Citi.

Good company to work with

Good company to work with and no cons as of now good chance to meet and discuss feedback on the above.no issues associated with the manager.salary on time.

Good job for people with no family commitments

Could be better salary wise. Not for people who have other responsibilities such as children or school. Very straightforward job requirements, and day to day work is repetitive. Easy to learn!

Challenging Work, Competitive Compensation and Collaborative Team

Working at Citi was a fantastic experience for me. They provide competitive pay and perks. Work, on the other hand, becomes extremely stressful and demanding that can affect mental health.

Work her if you didn't find a job

Micromanagement set to failsPoor management Unorganized Outdated tools Zero documentation Unfriendly applications and stuff Didn't say good morning They use Zoom and Skype together for meetings because they didn't discover Microsoft Team yetUnclear expectations and different from the interview expectations You open an incident and send emails for 3 months with no response You are just a number and don't care about you One authentic company I work here for one month and resigned

Pros

No pros

Cons

Micromanagement and poor

Tough job

Good management, good training program, tough job collections especially during COVID, hardest part was hearing the reasons why people couldn’t pay or being yelled at on the phone by customers, great benefits, great leave, good pay. So many regulations to follow for each call.

Pros

Benefits, management, training

Cons

So many regulations you had to follow, collection calls

Great vacation/insurance benefits but lower pay and poor management

You receive a significant amount of vacation time and other benefits that a lot of companies don’t offer plus the benefit of hybrid and work from home options! The downside is that upper management is so completely clueless about the ins and outs of the job and have very unrealistic expectations of their teams, promotions are almost always based on favoritism and like most banks, some really shady stuff happens. Raises are yearly but almost always less than 5% for the highest rated employeesOverall, it’s not the worst company but they desperately need better management/management training

Pros

Work from home, hybrid schedule, vacation time

Cons

Management, metrics, raises

Learning experience

Not enough employees working, for sure you must be a sales person and have a A+ on customer service (smile, greet and offer the products). Don’t get offended if customers disrespect you, now with that been said if that is ok with you, apply for Citi.

Pros

Good for your resume

Cons

Not too much room for advancement.

Some areas are better than others

I have been at Citi for over 10 years. In the beginning I liked my job. However, they often move people around to other tasks as clients/teams/processes change. You don't get any choice....move or leave. I am no longer happy at work....the most depressing job I have ever had. There is not a lot of room to move to new positions, etc. I do not feel the management is supportive and the training ,at least on my team, is horrible. There are some nice people and the compensation I would say is fair enough. Good benefits. Working from home for two years during the pandemic was awesome however now they are requiring 3 days in the office....no real reason or explanation....everything seemed to work just fine as we all adapted to remote work on short notice. The remote work was one of the reasons I have tolerated it for so long. I do not intend to stay much longer as I look for other opportunities

People are great

None to be honest. The bank treats all employees fairly and has an inclusive culture. Best in class across the board. is a very great place to work. My co-worker are very friendly. It is like a family. We all work together to get the job done. Everyday it is a challenging

Pros

Management and pay

Cons

Stressful

Terrible management.

Working at Citi was not ideal. The shifts are usually 10 hours with 4 day work weeks which isn't terrible, but the work was rough. Customers are terrible and management is terrible.

Pros

10 hour shifts

Cons

Everything about the company sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits