CACI International

CACI International Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,116 reviews

Flexibility

CACI has good communication throughout the company. Even as an expat working in various locations overseas you will still feel connected to what the goals and needs are.

Best Contract Company Today

I have nothing but great comments from my experience with my time working with CACI. They give some much to employees who want to grow within, the opportunity to do so. Also, pay raises and promotions was given in a fair manner, also including bonuses. It was hard for me to leave CACI, but I had an opportunity to continue my federal service to add to my military time. That was the only reason I chose to resign, but out all of the defense contract companies I had work for, CACI is by far the best I ever experienced!

Excellent Company

Granted I have only been with CACI for a short time, there has been glitches but my manager more than makes up for what the company lacks in. The schedule is flexible, if I do not want to use my PTO I can work extra hours within the same pay period to make up these days.

Pros

Flex schedule, manager does not micro manage

Cons

Sick days and PTO days are the same if you get real sick you just burned up all you PTO, Health Insurance is expensive with very little coverage, 401K company is not friendly

WFH and Schedule Flexibility

It's a good first job or post career job. It's great if you love to meet new people and travelling to new places, but it can be extremely isolating. Like most jobs, your manager and training can make or break your experience. I found the quality and production metrics to be unfair at times.

It was nice while it lasted

I was a federal contractor placed at the U.S. Attorney's Office. I can't say much about CACI work culture except it needed improvement in helping contractors get better positions with their skill sets instead of hoping that they would accept a position that's not in line with their career goals. I felt I wasted most of my time there since CACI didn't have any positions of my interest available and the career training hub that they offered featured outdated and non-interactive training materials. I hope they will do better since my manager did try to help me get a better position, but I was ready to leave by that time.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Not enough opportunities for growth or new positions

What is the best part of working at the company?NOTHING, POOR PAY, BAD MANAGEMENT, NEED A LAWYER IF YOU WORK THEREWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?LOW WAGES, COMMUTER, TRAVEL, HAVE TO FIGHT THE COMPANY TO GET WHAT YOU DUEWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?CUBLICS, TEMP, BAD WORK ENVIRONMENT, SICK, COUGHING EMPLOYEES IN OPEN FLOOR PLANSWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?TOO HOT, TOO COLD, TOO LOUD, TOO CHEAP

Help Desk Specialist

A job that you take for the experience people dont stay here longer than 6 months usually people just come and go its a clock in and clock out type of job management doesnt really care about anything other than meeting SLAs

Good pay, solid crew

Great management, and the work is steady. You’re expected to work most of day, but they don’t stress you out about how early you need to be there, or how long you stay. You need to produce work. Turn hours, make money. Don’t turn, don’t make money. Simple

What is the best part of working at the company?CACI, Inc tend to stay up to date with their policies, procedures and facilitate a good working environment free of clutter. The best thing is that they care about helping their staff grow and expand whenever possible. No one is left alone or ignored. Great management and supervisors (at least at my level)What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Unfamiliarity with practices, but this is something one experiences in any career. Failing and struggling is a part of life we all cannot escape. The good thing regarding CACI is that we have team players that want me to succeed. It can be hit or miss at times …that’s just a part of life :)What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very good! My office assures that all practices and social guidelines are current and free of distraction for all people.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Guidelines and assignments are mostly self-driven. 8 hour days, mostly telework. CACI is really good about allowing for a clutter-free atmosphere.

Good job if you have multiple sources of income

I wouldn’t recommend this being your only source of income working as a background investigator. I have been with the company for 3 and a half years and there have been multiple stretches of 4-6 weeks where there just isn’t any work available and the company puts you on leave with out pay. My section lead is great and so are the more senior investigators in the region. Work life is balance is great. Review is inconsistent so reports will be good one day and bad the next. The metrics for production make it very difficult to meet goals. Overall the pay is decent for what it is, just don’t expect to really grow in this position. This is great for someone who is retired or has multiple sources of income.

Awful

Company has a toxic environment and no support , poor training , unrealistic goals no manager support and or training programs. Huh pressure to over work. No respect for life events.

Great Opportunities and benefits

CACI has a very diverse and progressive environment, however, the management really sucks in my opinion. There seems to be a disconnect in their values and vision versus that of the team. No real morale boosters, and hosted outings that you have to pay for on your own. lol

Pros

Benefits, diversity, growth opportunities

Cons

Management, No free lunches, politics

Good company to build a career

Benefits and engagement with employees are amazing. I like that there are opportunities, depending on location, for growth within the company. This is good for a person looking to build a career. There is always someone to talk to for any technical issue within the system and problems are taken care of quickly.- Salary: The salaries are lower than most and expected.- Onboarding: I was confused. The process isn't explained well. There is a person assigned to be a mentor during Onboarding. This person never contacted me.

Nothing to add

Great benefits package. 401K could be better but pretty good. Overall, it's a good place to work. Excellent staff always willing to pitch in and give help whenever and wherever its needed.

Three years of work at this company, and then laid off

The business group where I worked was not the best work environment. When the layoffs were announced, management was less than forthcoming, and its practices were not the best..

Pros

I learned a few things about corporate culture

Cons

Management practices

Worst management I have every labored under

There was a severe disconnect between management and between the team that I worked on, to the extent that we were left completely to our own devices. Until a crisis arose, at which time we were blamed for the crisis and there was a huge blow up during a meeting. In 25 years in the tech business I have never had such a negative experience as this.

Okay, but poor pay on the Investigations side

Didn't keep up with inflation, and doesn't seem interested in continuous examination of benefits or pay scale to keep competitive. Definitely a good field to work in, but the pay is just not there for a national security position coupled with the high stress of micromanagement.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

High turnover and micromanagement

Great Company from Start To Finish

Fantastic company with transparent and caring management. Great benefits and career development resources. Leadership has shown through, most notably in navigating work during the pandemic and encourages professional growth. Spectacular company to work for all around.

Management was very supportive of people

Was an IT contractor for many years after retiring from the military. As a contract worker, you tend to get frequently laid off at the end of a contract. CACI was the only one that really made an effort to place their employees within the firm. CACI gave us training to allow us to grow the skills needed to qualify for future jobs. I learned classified information about multiple government agencies which was very interesting. The hardest part of the job was the long hours required to perform software testing. Always a crunch time to test and field software.

Pros

Training, management support

Cons

Long hours - routine 10pm and weekend

Interesting place to work

Worked for almost 5 years on different programs. No issue changing to any open position. There is no way I would be able to answer this question with any knowledge

Week Managers

Managers with poor management/ leadership skills. A manager that stand by and watch/ hands off is not a leader in my opinion. That is what you get at CACI

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CACI International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits