Brown and Caldwell

Brown and Caldwell Employee Reviews for Engineer

Engineer5 reviews

BC has excellent technical capabilities, but has some organizational difficulties.

Brown and Caldwell has some of the brightest minds for environmental work. They are forward thinking in their approach to issues and genially care about the work that they do. I would have liked to have seen more support for entrepreneurial work, especially for small startup projects (they are only interested in large jobs). I would have liked a greater sense of community, organization, and managerial support.

Bad Management

When I started with the company 8 years ago it was great, my boss was someone I really respected and enjoyed working with. The company seemed to care about it's employees. Over the next 5 years lot's of changes were made, lot's of upper management changes and new ways of running the company. In the end it was clear the new people who run the company don't really care about their employees at all, they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Big wigs make the big bucks and keep their huge salaries during hard times but lay off great employees who have devoted their lives to their jobs for many many years then get dumped. I would not recommend working for this company.

Office culture was great and smart co-workers. Great technical people and resources. Company also has a great name in the wastewater field. Good information sharing and a great virtual office company.

Pros

Collaborative staff

Cons

Not profitable. Too much dead weight in middle management

It all depends on who you work with

The office environment was not great, but I worked with a virtual team who were all amazing. The hours were flexible and it was very family oriented. The company as a whole is nice and lots of cross office collaboration. Office management was a joke.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Offfice management

Good work/life balance, slow to increase responsibility

The people at the company are fantastic to be around and act more like a family than a company. Staff is top-heavy so getting more interesting work is difficult as a young engineer. Great for mid-career types with kids, not so great for ambitious young professionals. Work weeks are usually 40 hours and the culture is very relaxed.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brown and Caldwell?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown and Caldwell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Brown and Caldwell
  • Engineer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?