Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Showing all 34,256 reviews

Good Job

Good job if you're working part-time, or as a first job out of high school. If you've been there for a while make sure that they aren't underpaying you. Can get stressful around holidays.

A great working enviroment

The management and employees are nice and treat us well. We have goals we always want to meet and it's not super hard to achieve when trying your best. I enjoy working in a store surrounded my technology and being able to give others advice on there needs.

Pros

Good Pay, Free lunch/snacks on busy days

Cons

Part Time gets no healthcare or PTO

Productive and friendly colleagues

Great culture of inclusion and diversity. Hybrid work environment. Friendly colleagues and challenging work. Overall, have really enjoyed my time working at Best Buy

Heavily Dependent on the Store

Depending on the management and the location you're at, it's a great place to work. When you have involved management willing to address problems and support the team, there's almost no stress to the job. If however, you're working with management that won't address problematic behaviors everything falls apart. That's especially true for key aspects of the entire inventory process: if trucks aren't done properly and aren't guided, the entire store suffers.

Pros

Coworkers can be awesome people

Cons

Management isn't always supportive

Fun Workplace with Decent Discounts

There's always something to work on, depending on your position and staffing. The discounts mostly worked well on Best Buy's brand; they give you the most bang for your buck.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Customers

Fun workplace for students

Its a good place for starters if you are looking to pack your cv for experience. I also had a great experience with my specific team and the manager i had was until this day the best manager I've ever had. Unfortunately the pay isn’t that good.

Pros

Team, manager, schedule

Cons

Pay

Amazing place to work

Great place to work ! Love it there, great diversity ! The management is great and it’s a great work environment. Very supportive and understanding managers.

Exciting environment

I started out part time, and moved to full time pretty quickly, because management cares a lot about you at this store. The biggest down side to working at this particular store is the high turnover rate because of the near by college. So you never really have a consistent team, and there’s a lot of change in the environment weekly. No commission, which is a huge downside, and the hourly for full time caps at $17 so if you’re looking to provide for your family, you’ll want to be in a management position which they don’t give out like candy. Good job for a young person, but if you’re looking for big growth find a bigger more popular Best Buy to work for, like one in a bigger city.

Not a bad job.

The pay is decent. Feels like it should be more of a commission-based job because of the sales goals. You're expected to sell their Total Tech memberships and get people to apply for their credit cards but there are really no incentives. If you don't sell enough, you will be fired. Management can be shady and talk behind your back as well.

Great Team Overall, but Questionable Management

I really enjoy my job at Best Buy. There are awesome perks like Blueprint team events and competitions in which we can win extra stuff as well as a great staff discount. However, in recent times there have been many shifts in management and in employees in general. I would like to say that some of the managers know little about their jobs, but others are great.

Pros

Discount, Supportive Team, Work-Life Balance

Cons

Management, Long Hours on Holidays, Late Nights

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Best Buy?

It was fine till new management .

Brought in people who knew nothing. You could end up with no job in drop of a hat because they wanna restructure the company every 3 months. No organization.

Pros

Cons

There is no such thing as job security

Fun workplace

It’s genuinely a fun place to work at, sometimes due to understaffing its hard but realistically isnt every job? Theyre full time benefits are beyond worth it along with the new managers are helping make it a better place

Decent

Coworkers were fun and you learn quite a bit from their e-learning program.Obviously customers are the worst part. Most are decent people, but I’ve had someone giving me attitude for asking if they wanted a plastic bag for their item.

Fun, great workplace

Was a very fun place to work for me. Some people despise the customers but it never really bothered me, just laugh it off when someone is being outrageous. If you do a good job there are advancement opportunities. Was offered a full time position after only 3 months part time but lost job due to start of pandemic. would definitely consider going back. Pay was not great, only gripe

Fun

Managers were there. Employees worked. Learned a lot. Customers shopped. The building opened and closed. The job was both easy and difficult. It was a great atmosphere.

Lots of pression

There’s lots of pression from the administration and expect you to make a certain number of sale the day you start. You get more pression when you don’t sell as they expected. Also, the commission of your sales doesn’t go to you.

Pretty chill, but leads you nowhere

I enjoyed working here mainly because of the people that I worked around, not the content of the actual job itself. It was a pretty laid back environment, however, this lead to about half of the people having no idea what is even going on, or anything about their job it felt at times. This resulted in a few people having to pick up the slack of all the rest of everybody.

Pros

Cool co-workers, great discount, easy work.

Cons

Scheduling, no time off during holidays.

Poor communication

It's bad when you read about changes to your job on a news article before the company informs you. Not to mention there were no repercussions for my lead being 3 hours late to work on a regular basis. The employee assistance program is not what they make it out to be either. If you don't get it in writing it never happened. Most definitely the worst work experience I've ever had

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Policies, lack of proper training

Fun experience

I found that the best aspect for me was the fact that it forced me to get better at talking to new people. Sales in general has taught me a lot about how to talk with people you don’t know, and its actually made an impact outside of work. After working for a few weeks, I noticed that my conversations outside of work were smoother and generally more engaging than before. Now whenever I find myself at a social event where there are many people I don’t know, I feel significantly more relaxed.But yeah, the discount is also pretty awesome.

Pros

Great Discounts

Cons

Lack of hours

A good place to get new experiences

Getting memberships is good if you want to keep your job here. Strongly recommend it for students who are studying sales. If they like you, they will keep you. Overall, the work environment there can be toxic sometimes and can be fun at the same time.

Pros

Good work environments

Cons

Pressure too much on getting a MB

Rewarding and fun place to work with plenty of oppertunity

Good place to work with friendly staff culture. Nice to be around the cutting-edge technology and enjoy the discount. Hours are fair and also flexible!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits