Aspire Katara Hospitality Employee Reviews

AKH: Fake it til they make it
Staff (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 17, 2020
Saying that it’s the worst company I’ve ever worked at is an understatement. The CEO yells at everyone on a typical day (if she’s ever in) just because she’s miserable and pure evil. You always have to guess if she’s going to fire, embarrass or take you for granted. The latter seems to be the best option. Makes you want to kill yourself with every minute you spend there.

The work is unchallenging, brainless and quite easy. The management takes no initiative to improve the culture led by an ineffective CEO, as they are mostly benefiting anyway. The pay is good i must say, better than average. But the stress of being there, of not being recognized is the most horrible part.
Great experience
Commis 1st pastry (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 8, 2019
Great place katara get more knowledge people good chef good environment good good benefit good salary accommodation excellent food excellent great experience over all
Coworkers and fun
" service crew " caissier (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 28, 2019
AKH was the trampoline place where i learn many different types of thinks, my experience was with different kind of Nationality, i appreciate the environment of work
It helps me succeed in my professional and personal life
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarMay 7, 2019
AKH is one of the be companies I worked with... It was a dream come to for me to work in this company as Head of S&M. I had the opportunity to propose, develop, and manage. Involvement of the branding of new concepts, managing the brands branding which includes reviews and samples approval down to the execution and purchases. Directing, annual budget planning, implementation and collaborating with the agencies, bloggers/vloggers, press/media, suppliers/vendors in Qatar and UK. Managing a department composed of a team of social media executives, artists, sales, and PR Executive. Working with all brand managers, major events in both areas (Katara and Aspire), the successful openings, an increase of sales are the best experience I had in 4 years with AKH.
Pros
excellent cash housing allowance, mobile phone, transportation, return tickets annually, exposures
Cons
stressful but well-compensated
Team Worked and Look Likes Second Family
Asst. Storekeeper - Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 14, 2018
In Aspire Katara Hospitality ( AKH ) a lot of things I got from there. Since, when I was joined it's really helped. I mean starting from registration until be ready to worked. When I started to worked, the team gave directions and ensure for the team understand with main regulation. Also, increasing personal knowledge with training methods and sharing each other to handling to duties.
Offering good compensation for colleagues
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 14, 2018
Learned about the different challenges in the field of human resources at the same time managed how to overcome these challenges. Company gives good compensation to the staff.
Hectic
Asst HR and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  DohaSeptember 9, 2018
The company is one of the few that still thrives despites current economic situation in the company. However, the company needs to professionalize the employee engagement program.
Pros
Highly creative, dynamic workforce and environment
Cons
Needs plenty of improvement in terms of employee engagement
plying games
bakery and pastry production (Current Employee) –  DohaJuly 15, 2018
.i have learned how to communicate with staffs and guest .management is really good iys good place to work
.work place culture is really good the
.most enjoyable part is trying new recipe
Friendly Work Place
Chef de Cuisine (Current Employee) –  DohaJuly 6, 2018
All the workers and staff are always there t help and it`s a great work environment. You are able to develop and grow as a person and professional way
Pros
Great work environment
Akh
Assistant HR Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 18, 2018
I learned a lot from AKH, I started my HR career with the company and I developed a lot in all areas: Hiring, training, HR admin including the Arabic side as I was the only Arabic speaker in the department
Pros
I recruited over 700 employee for the company
Cons
salary and benefits are good
Productive and fun with basketball
Waiter/cashier (Former Employee) –  QatarDecember 3, 2017
I learned more as a waiter cahier they give me more experience for this work, the work place is very nice place you feel comfortable becouse all the waiters are verry nice and wellcoming.im enjoying to my work specially if busy time I'm feel more challenge taking order, taking care for the guest. But the hardest work if it's raining becouse all the guest their coming inside to pass the raining also not busy I'm feel sleeping. To my management they give all benefits they always post to the bullitin what's in new regulation. Thank u verry much for that company...a
great experience
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  dohaJune 24, 2017
Working in the company give me great experience as result of working in many pre opening and new concept which was done during 5 year work. Also the new system installations which was done for accounting ,purchasing and HR give me advance information and knowledge .Working also with different nationalities increase my ability to work with different team and different work environment .
Pros
new things to learn
hard work place
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DohaOctober 8, 2016
i leraned verywell how to dial with arabic customer and arabic staff.

i learned different managment style.

i learned how to dial verwell with different nationality people
Great and Professional company
Captain Bar (Former Employee) –  Doha, QATARJuly 26, 2016
knowledgeable and professional period in my life, i grown up like person, i realize the importance of team work,. I become Amiable and have good ability in coping up with multi-national environment.
AKH one of the best company i work with
Captain (Current Employee) –  QatarMarch 9, 2016
Another new year is upon us, and Aspire Katara Hospitality (AKH) – one of Qatar’s leading companies in the hospitality sector – seeks to build on the successes of 2013 andwelcome the challenges and opportunities presented by the year ahead.

AKH continues to grow and the main reason for this is the superb range of brands that come under its umbrella – brands that appeal to all sections of Qatari society. They range from dining at premium outlets like the L’wzaar Seafood Market, to the fashionable and fun Red Velvet Cupcakery – just two of AKH’s expanding portfolio of branded outlets.

Not everything that AKH does is visible to the eye, however, with the company providing consultancy services fromconcept design, concept enhancement and management operations for a host of other hospitality companies within Qatar. High profile Event management is an important part of what we do.
Pros
No there is no free anything
Cons
one hours
Hectic and challenging job
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWDecember 18, 2015
Provide admin support to HR Dept.
Recruitment and selection
Employee Benefits and Compensation
Employee Relation
Human Resources Development
Government Relation
Pros
Learning new skills and techincs
Cons
Busy job
SeeFood restourant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  QatarSeptember 1, 2015
It was a big expirience to work in Qatar and learn the culture.I hrow up a lot in work expirience.AKH is one of the biggest company in Qatar they have around 16 different restoirants.I was working in see food restourant the most busyest restourant in Qatar we make around 600-700 covers.
Pros
Free lounches
Cons
Split Shift
AKH is one of the biggest company in Qatar
Senior Restaurant Captain (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWAugust 10, 2015
my daily work ,
Responsible for the restaurant Schedule for the staff and section assignment number of staff was 47.
Handling guest complain regarding food and beverage.
Managing the entire events and the conferences last event I did it was 1800pax in the beach and all the food was in action.

about the company,
One of best company in Qatar in the hospitality as they are growing up so fast and they and all their restaurant are unique concept
Pros
accommodation plus transportation and lunch
Cons
less training
iyi bir çalışma ortamı
head chef (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 19, 2015
çalıştığım işyeri çok mükemmeldi, 5 yıldan fazla çalıştım ve çok şey öğrendim.
Looking for the best
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Doha, QATARFebruary 9, 2014
Customer service(take order-punish-service-cleaning-payment...Ect
(Learned speak english .Spring as one team.Work long time no break. Patient).Serious management.Meeting peoples from many countries but no hard thing there.
Pros
Free lunche/accomaddition and transport.
Cons
Short staff/no extea motvation