Apple

Apple Employee Reviews for Specialist

Specialist1,292 reviews

Found 1,292 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,578 reviews

I will always be fond of my memories here

Working for Apple was an amazing experience. I learned so much about so many different things including myself while working here. The people that are drawn to this job are some of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I highly recommend this demanding yet rewarding job.

Pros

The People

Cons

Politics and Favoritism

Poor Management

The managers were very poor and did not communicate properly and weren't on the same page at times. Caused a lot of confusion.Co-workers and customers were the most enjoyable part of the job. Would not recommend working with your SO

great work place

it was a cool job. i enjoyed interacting with customers and getting along with my coworkers. having full blown convos with customers talking about tech was alot of fun. i wouldnt mind going back

Enjoyable

Loved my teammates and meeting new people every day. You get to work on your social skills and are always learning something new which was very valuable.

What is the best part of working at the company?The company, people I worked with and management. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with some of the customers who were upset about an older product not working properly. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company and culture was great. Very diversified. What is a typical day like for you at the company?In my case it was working with customers In introducing them to new products or features of the products. Or I could be helping figuring out what is wrong with the product they brought in and getting the right person that can help them best.

Retail is retail.

Retail, for everybody, is probably the worst kinda job out there. Working at Apple Retail is the best of the worst. Pros: • good pay compared to other retailers. • coworkers got your back, and the managers, for the most part, are very supportive when it comes to customer-facing conflicts.• benefits are crazy, discounts on Apple products are the best employee-discounts I've seen.cons:• if you want a promotion, or want to be noticed, you have to meet a quota, just like retail. you have to make sure you're selling iphones with applecare. that's all they care about. they WILL NOT keep you if you do not meet these standards, otherwise you're just another seasonal to them. I left because of this.• you will meet the most obnoxious, self-righteous, and snobby customers in your life when you work there. because of this, it's probably one of the most stressful retail jobs because you're working for a big company and customers' products and data are very sensitive.• absolutely no WLB. as a temporary/seasonal employee, you have to work on the weekends, plus any two weekdays. it's usually always slammed, and as a seasonal you'll be thrown the worst shifts (1-10p, 2-11p). If you have school, do not try to work here. My store manager forced my coworker to choose either school or work. • coworkers can be great, but some will not want to be your friend at all. they want the promotion as bad as everybody else, so it can result in a toxic work environment.

Fine if you are a people person

I was a seasonal specialist. It was fine. Pay was the most I had had to that point. There were sales quotas, which is annoying. No one NEEDS an apple watch. Covid happened and I found a WFH position just in time.

Fun and hectic at times

Can be fun due to the outgoing personalities of co workers, but also stressful about meeting numbers and staff to customer ratio sometimes.

Great benefits

Fun place to work. Hours are terrible and sometimes they can be flexible while you’re in school. Holiday hours can make your shift go by fast but can take away from family life

Not the best

Sucks management is awful. Lots of drama in the workplace. Group calls are a waste of time. Constantly getting drilled by the leads at the store for not selling a product

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apple?

Super fun and caring management

Literally got no complaints about Apple, a phenomenal place to work, great balance with work and real world and lots of nice incentives and company does a lot for its employees and community

What is the best part of working at the company?The attention to wellness; they care about everyone. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The business, but outside of that it’s completely fine. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Palatable and friendly, and everyone is helpful. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Energetic and vibrant with emphasis on fun and problem-solving.

I don't think it gets much better than this

I genuinely love my job for the time needing it - being in school- the pay is great compared to other similar retail roles but you are getting great benefits. Tuition reimbursement is even for part-timers! I truly wish I could stay, just not a lot of remote options anymore for many of us not near a campus location.

Extremely productive environment that fosters motivation and high morale

Wonderful experience with Apple, would highly recommend to other colleagues. I had ample support from the leadership team that helped me excel in learning appropriate skills geared towards product knowledge and positive customer experience.

Pros

Excellent leadership support, feedback garners growth

Great energy. Pay isn’t bad for retail.

Working at apple was a great experience. I was only there part time but I loved it. I live in a High cost of living area so I had another job that was my bread and butter but I learned a lot and met a lot of great people. Good benefits even for part time.

What is the best part of working at the company?Learning the newest technology and helping customers embrace technology and enjoy their new products. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Overwhelming numbers of people at one time complaining about waiting. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment is friendly. Tasks are simple. Some staff members are petty and are constantly giving “fearless feedback” which is not helpful. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Clock in. Check your assignment and go to work. Complete sales floor tasks and work diligently at any training required. If closing, clean all of the products and arrange them according to the company standards for merchandising.

Very good

Good team and good working environment for. Peers and leaders are very helpful and they always back you up when you run into challenges. I highly recommend this job.

Job’s good! Management isnt.

I know it depends per store, but my management isnt the greatest. Improvements are being seen after the Pulse survey, but still. If you get into a store with good management, it’s smooth sailing and the job is super cool and fast paced, but fun!

Good, if saccharine culture, don't expect it to change your life

Apple talks a good game about being the Gold Standard in the Retail space but the cracks begin to show once you're on the inside.Having a good culture cannot save you from working long hours in overwhelming circumstances.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, warm/positive culture

Cons

Overworked, not paid enough given what Apple makes annually.

they are the king of deception

I have so much to say about Apple, clap-clap before every shift, is so fake, they are pressuring you for your sales numbers and yes you don't get a commission even though they will tell you we care about your customer relations at the beginning, it is a lie. they are so afraid of unionizing.

Pros

perks and benefits

Cons

insensitive managers, they are not leaders at all

Supportive team members

Team members are very supportive including managers. Sometimes, the leadership outside the store do not practice some of the company’s culture. It’s unfortunate!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits