Apple

Apple Employee Reviews for Genius

Genius510 reviews

Found 510 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,578 reviews

Stimulating Environment

Healthy challenges everyday! Customer facing support, Hardware and software troubleshooting and repairs. Great team and coworkers. Minimal micromanaging.

Unsafe work environment

I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone. The management team is insidious and multiple team members have transferred to begin unionizing due to things that have happened here.

Great place

I loved it! Best job I ever had and I would definitely go back in a heart beat if I could. Good pay, good people. N I

Good people, poor management

No day is the same and if you like a fast paced environment this is the place for you. If corporate would listen to employee feedback and actively try to make the culture better I do believe the retention would be better.

Best work experience by far.

Plenty of opportunities to explore new roles and learn new skills. Benefits are great. Interviews are tough. Interview technique was the biggest thing holding me back. But I’ve learned so much.

Interesting but tiring

Better than most retail jobs. Great workplace culture and management got the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.

Fun and Fast Place to Work

Work is rewarding and the people are amazing. The environment is fast paced and can be very stressful at times. Management is generally hands off but some can get overly involved. Good pay and great benefits.

Pros

Mostly hands off work environment, great healthcare and benefits

Cons

Very sales driven, pay could be better for work performed.

Meaningful work and always something to learn

I worked at Apple as a Genius for 6+ years. I learned so much about customer relationships, time management, and effectively developing my own career with the help of the leadership team. I only left because I felt it was time to expand my horizons within the customer support industry.

Pros

Certifications, self-managing, fair breaks, vacation and sick pay

Cons

Retail hours

Productive and fun workplace.

Its thé first job i had with a real culture. Thé positif attention and the continual learn with a real work OM himself. The salary is just and the real avantages for thé worker and his Family.

Pros

Advantage. Health. Salary. Learning.

Cons

Politics.

Great place to work, little room for advancement

Apple Retail is a great place to hone your customer service skills but outside of management, there is little room for advancement as an IT professional.

Pros

Great perks (for retail), excellent staff, good training

Cons

The pace is relentlessly busy to the point of being draining

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apple?

Fast paced

I gained a lot of experience in my roll and have been able to use those skills in other rolls. It’s real easy to swept up in the culture and nice to help people. Some people have a hard time not letting their expertise go to their heads though. Great pay, great benefits.

Great

Fast paced environment. Fun and exciting. Not for people like to shy away from hard work. Management excellent and supportive to ensure you succeed. Recommended

Busy but very stressful

No work/life balance. Pays better than most retail jobs but as a tech not paid enough for all we have to do. Management gaslighting and clear favoritism for advancement. People aren’t hired for their skills anymore. All the new techs have no technical experience or understanding of troubleshooting even after training. They only template match. Benefits are good. Discounts are good. Used to be a good place to work now it’s only about meeting metrics for iphones

Best job I ever had.

Apple is the best employer I have ever had the pleasure to work for. Competitive pay rates, fantastic work environment. The only reason I am seeking new employment is to take the skills I have learned and increase my pay rate.

It’s not all its hyped up to be

A lot of people put this company on a grand pedestal, as if it’s one of the best place to work and that’s not really the case, unless you working corporate. It’s starts off fine but after being there for a year or two you start to see the reality. The retail employees are basically the underdogs, and all of the glorified benefits that you get told about are mostly received by corporate individuals. The compensation and benefits are nice retail level too but the work life balance is absolutely horrible. The job itself is also very stressful, draining, and mentally demanding so I never have a social battery when I leave this place. You are bombarded by customers back to back and you really don’t get a break in between because they are concerned with their “numbers” so it’s very exhausting. The other side they don’t mention to you is the number of people who take their own lives or really struggle with mental health from being here so much. I have been here a while and seen people leave and go start new jobs and they seem much more happy. Don’t sacrifice your mental health for the extra dollar an hour.

Great benefits and decent coworkers

Stayed for the benefits and coworkers. Management’s not great and makes decisions for customers at the expense of employees. If you are an apple nerd you’ll be just fine

Not a bad job but everyone is in everyone’s business

Good pay. I made lifelong friends here. The culture can be a bit much at times and super fans can border on impossible to please but overall I had a great 8 years here

Great Place to Work

I’m more amazed at the development culture at Apple. So many avenues you can take with your own development. Seems like the managers in place main purpose is to aid you you your development journey, from trainings to career experiences, to even resume help Apple has your development in their best interest. Culture is amazing. VERY diverse group of individuals but still aligning with similar morals and company values. Apple just hires genuinely good people.Always compensated fairly, always a sense of belonging. Benefits package is one of the best packages there is. If you get an job offer from Apple I encourage you to take it. I will say it is a retail environment so weekend availability will be a MUST if you plan on getting a call back for an interview. Part time hours are flexible though.

Pros

Benefits packages, Training and Development, Great management, Diverse, cheap health insurance.

Cons

Customers believe they know more than you, work life balance can get sporadic if you’re full time

Productive and fun

Productive and fun place to work but you need to be the the right skin tone for advancement. Managers only promote those who they share personal relationships with and who will follow their every command.

A beautiful combination of interesting, curious, and adventurous people taking the company to new heights. Great potential for climbing up the ranks and growing, and a huge benefit to those who are seeking to be in the industry long-term.

Great company for non-complainers.

I love working at Apple, but people will find anything to complain. I technically can’t talk about specifics, but; benefits are amazing, leadership styles are diverse (you’ll click with someone), they are beginning to raise wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Apple
  • Genius
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?