Apple

Apple Employee Reviews

Showing all 11,578 reviews

Fun environment

serving customers by explaining the products and giving the instruction, hoe to use the product. At the end of the day cleaning all the make up tools and make up shelves. Moreover we were doing makeup for customers to advertise our products. Working in a MAC store was one of the enjoyable works that I have had. All of the colleagues were very friendly and helping each other. This company help you to learn how to work with different make tools. The manager was always available to help if needed. One of the most enjoyable things of this job was about knowing the new products.

Pros

having a lot of fun during the work

Fine if you are a people person

I was a seasonal specialist. It was fine. Pay was the most I had had to that point. There were sales quotas, which is annoying. No one NEEDS an apple watch. Covid happened and I found a WFH position just in time.

Not a fun place to work

Workload kills. No management. Only looking for money. Same product over the years. Lack of innovation and future planning. Only aim is to increase share price

Productive and Fun workplace

A great place to work and grest opportunities for promotion. The culture promotes inclusivity and there is a very friendly working atmosphere. Flexibility around work from good.

Fun and hectic at times

Can be fun due to the outgoing personalities of co workers, but also stressful about meeting numbers and staff to customer ratio sometimes.

Depends on what area

I spent 10 years of my life, and I had a better time in corporate than retail. It felt as retail did not have the same connection as corporate. The retail location got worse and worse.

Good Work enviroment

While working there I had the pleasure to work with leaders that had a clear vision and focused on reaching a solution and the personal development of all team members.

Pros

Gym and Prescription glasses bonus

Great benefits

Fun place to work. Hours are terrible and sometimes they can be flexible while you’re in school. Holiday hours can make your shift go by fast but can take away from family life

Great Culture

I love Apple culture. It’s a great place to work. Great people. I would recommend it to anyone. Finished my degree and I would love to work there again as a software developer

Not the best

Sucks management is awful. Lots of drama in the workplace. Group calls are a waste of time. Constantly getting drilled by the leads at the store for not selling a product

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apple?

Super fun and caring management

Literally got no complaints about Apple, a phenomenal place to work, great balance with work and real world and lots of nice incentives and company does a lot for its employees and community

What is the best part of working at the company?The attention to wellness; they care about everyone. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The business, but outside of that it’s completely fine. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Palatable and friendly, and everyone is helpful. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Energetic and vibrant with emphasis on fun and problem-solving.

Lack of accommodations

Not the most sustainable job if you have seasonal depression. I suffered a lot in combination with being neurodivergent. Depending on the management and environment specific to your store it can be fun at times.

Best work experience by far.

Plenty of opportunities to explore new roles and learn new skills. Benefits are great. Interviews are tough. Interview technique was the biggest thing holding me back. But I’ve learned so much.

Controlled chaos

Great benefits, middling pay, absolutely physically and mentally grueling.The Operations team (or “Backstage”) is so behind-the-scenes that leadership tends not to notice you. This makes it difficult to move up in the company, as even extremely good metrics will prompt them to ask for more. The physical demands of the job left me in pain after nearly every shift. (And at the end of the day, it’s still retail, so don’t bother trying to develop normal sleep patterns.)

Productive and fun workplace.

I left for personal reasons.Apple was a great place to work. The paid training was very useful. The training Staff was exemplary. Disability accommodation was provided.

Pros

Candy distributed during shifts

Cons

Short breaks, long lunch.

Great company

My mentor and manager, and everyone else, was great. Had a great experience as a software engineer intern and also supporting AppleCare. Both experiences were exceptional!

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits are golden.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Total lack of opportunity unless you are willing to pack up and move to either Austin, TX or North Carolina. Overall direction of the support side of the company changes radically every four or five months. Most team managers have little to zero front line experience.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s great if you work at the main campus. If you are in retail or AppleCare, you are nothing more than meat. Just a butt in a seat. Mgmt has zero respect for front-line hourly employees.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I worked in support over social media channels. One any given day I might have been writing or editing Twitter responses or working with power users in the old user forums.

Good

Apple's benefits are unmatched. No matter the appointment, I never had to pay a copay and rarely ever got bills in the mail. I now work at a Fortune 500 publicly traded company, and the insurance is mid compared to Apple's. The call-off and leave time policies and procedures are quick and easy.Managers rarely reached out when I called in, and that made me feel like it was okay to have a life outside of my desk.With AAPL being such a large international company, the room for growth is there, but don't expect to immediately get an executive level promotion.As with any large company, some bad Apples slip through. My first manager was an angel. My last one - not at all.Pay could be better.. I started at $15 as an advisor and 2 years later I was at about $18-20.

I don't think it gets much better than this

I genuinely love my job for the time needing it - being in school- the pay is great compared to other similar retail roles but you are getting great benefits. Tuition reimbursement is even for part-timers! I truly wish I could stay, just not a lot of remote options anymore for many of us not near a campus location.

Extremely productive environment that fosters motivation and high morale

Wonderful experience with Apple, would highly recommend to other colleagues. I had ample support from the leadership team that helped me excel in learning appropriate skills geared towards product knowledge and positive customer experience.

Pros

Excellent leadership support, feedback garners growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Apple
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?