American School Of Doha

American School Of Doha Employee Reviews

It was a great experience
The environment at this school is exceptional and very rewarding. The diversity enriches the experience and everyone has a chance to learn and progress and get appreciated.
Productive, and allowed me to learn about working with Kids
3rd Grade Maths Tutor (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 6, 2019
The job allowed me to explore the difficult yet fulfilling task of working with children. It grew my personal skills in areas like patience, and explanation, and it was great to see the actual im
An excellent International School
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Doha QatarAugust 17, 2019
Great place to work. Wonderful students. Excellent physical plant. An interesting culture to explore as an expat. Beautiful weather from October to May.
Pros
Wonderful students.
Cons
None I want to mention.
It is a reputable Project for the company with a lot of exciting works
Support Group Engineer/Hard Services (Former Employee) –  Al Waab, Doha QatarFebruary 16, 2019
We are required to respond reactive works received through the spice works from the teachers of the school particularly for the hard services inside the school and teacher's accommodations while most soft services are already part of the daily routine set-up a day before.
We've learned that monitoring of the operatives is so vital for the immediate completion of the daily issues and satisfaction of the teachers.

That time management is so important as students/pupils are everywhere inside the school but they are so open minded and cooperative with our operatives.

The hardest part is when we encountered maintenance issues that we couldn't find in the As built drawing available at site. Digging the lawn looking for septic tanks and clogged pipes laid in different actual elevation and locations?

It is so enjoyable when the teachers appreciated our performances like what we did for the Stage props construction in every time they had a program: High School, Middle School and the Elementary School Level. They were so amazed of the way our team are doing compared to the previous FM services.
Productive and a fun place to work
School Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarJanuary 21, 2019
ASD is an American school with a diversity of nationalities.
The work environment is very good. There is a strong sense of teamwork and people are most of the time working with a smile on their face. Salary was not great, but it worths working there.
Cons
Vacation and breaks
Family atmosphere
Arabic Teacher (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 17, 2018
The ASD is the very family oriented place.We feel like a big happy family, helping each other to get the most out of our student.It gives the teachers the right to blossom and use different ideas.
Wonderful institution with a lovely set of people to work with.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 11, 2017
I worked at the American School of Doha for about 2 and a half years, initially as a substitute Teaching Assistant & later as a full time TA. I had wonderful time at the school, working with a set of hard working & fun loving people. I was involved with administration as well as learning of the kids.
it was good company with the sound and cosy environment for the
"Continental Cook" (Former Employee) –  DohaAugust 7, 2017
very well managed work and mostly the staff were cooperative
a bit busy in the meal and lunch time as it was a international school
tough time with the excessive duty hours in odd days
Pros
perfect management
Cons
excessive duty hours
Worked with people from various countries
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarJuly 3, 2017
I worked with janitors to teach them English. It was a different experience because a lot of them were from various backgrounds but they all came to support their families who were back home in their native country.
IT Helpdesk Analyst
IT Help Desk Analyst / Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  DohaApril 18, 2017
Typical day at work will be monitoring, supporting technologies around the school and helping its users. You will be working mostly with wonderful people. The pay is good but you are also living in the city and cost of living may be high. The gas price is awesome, you can drive to the moon!
Pros
People at work and salary
Cons
no benefits
Great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  QatarOctober 3, 2016
Wouldn't call this work but more of helping hand. I've been on various school trips to Malaysia, India and Dubai to help in all sorts of ways. Quite a bit of charity work from building housing to teaching english to people.
Pros
Amazing experience
Cons
Excellent and energetic atmosphere to work in.
Teacher's Assistant and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJune 18, 2015
The American School of Doha, without a doubt, has one of the highest quality education standards in Doha. The first bell rings at 8 a.m. and the last bell rings at 3 p.m. As a teacher or teacher's assistant at ASD, your day typically involves working with students of many different backgrounds, and learning abilities. It is because of this, that ASD hires only the most experienced and enthusiastic teachers worldwide. While the day may get tiring on the legs due to the huge size of the school, it is no more tiring than any other teaching job. In the end though, what matters is the smile on the kids' faces, as the students at ASD are very keen to learn. Anybody with an interest in teaching would be very satisfied working at ASD.
this is great school. fantastic!
Middle School 8th Grade Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  qatarJanuary 20, 2015
My day starts when get my keys open the cabinets putting down my things opening my laptop and start browsing my outlook. As i wait for the new tasks that my teachers might need for the day or for the next day or for the following weeks.
I learned and be able to develop these skills through different types of work experience as well as through my extracurricular activities. My work gives me a real depth of experience in a particular area. But short periods of quality experience are also a great chance to learn new skills.I tend to develop important skills such as time management and financial management, customer service, and teamwork. Working with my colleague is like having your family near you. There was nothing I found overly difficult, I enjoyed more than others.When i feel that i add value.To get it done on time under high pressure and appreciation of the same.
Pros
stipend even vacation
Cons
duty in cafeteria
Multicultural work place with high energy level.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Doha,QATAROctober 23, 2013
ASD is a great place to work. Multicultural work environment, Lot of training and help from the Management. The most enjoyable part was to work with kids . The challenges I found was the recess duty .
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Less salary