Al Jazeera Media Network

Al Jazeera Media Network Employee Reviews

A great place to work, sunny Doha all year, great shift pattern, amazing benefits and salary, loved my immediate bosses, loved my colleagues, I’ve never ever had so much fun
Pros
Benefits, housing allowance, all bills paid, tax free salary
Cons
The work was good. The work timing was so good and comfortable and relevant. The service that they provide was not much good. They haven’t payed any salary.
Enjoyable and Great Experience I had ever since.. I learned alot I added to my department as well. Aljazeera Media Institution is helping you as employer to improve yourself in such a needed skills.
To work for AJ you need to be a go getter and be ready for a fast paced work environment. I worked there for almost 15 years therefore they became more like a family. Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 budget cuts alot of us lost our employment.
Extremely Demanding Company , went through a huge transformation program to restructure and Integrate the work to increase the efficiency in the company and create a better work life balance.
Due to high level of job uncertainty in the region, would prefer to relocate to peaceful environment to facilitate my kids to study and grow in a healthy environment.
Consumer Focused organisation which helps us to learn the user behaviour and consumption of the news. The products are built and deliver based on these needs. So the work environment had challenging tasks and more innovative.
A fantastic place to work at with great colleagues across the organisation as a whole. However I would say that productivity does take a hit based on office politics.
Pros
Brand name, Fantastic Colleagues
Cons
Office Politics
I enjoy planning out of the office shoots. Location managing and do stuff that gets you out of the office sometimes. I love script writing and editing as well.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Doha heat in summer
A supportive management team who will give you the latitude to develop a project and deliver it in the way best suited to your personality and skills. I would highly recommend working there.
Small company with few man-power which was multi culture environment. owning salaries of employees and does not pay on time. A lot of company mis-management was observed during my time there.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
A great place to get some work experience, the only downfall is not getting paid for a three month internship. They're extremely flexible in allowing you to pitch ideas as if you were part of the team.
Following and adopting latest technologies, opportunity for international exposure, learning about Media Industry in terms of Digital Media or TV Media.
it's a very good organizations, i learned a lot, good management, different cultures, the hardest part is the accuracy, is to work with different cultures in a huge organization
A great place to work.Yet like any other big organization, internal politics is a bit hectic. The closer you are to the Core business, the more job security you will have.
It’s valube to understand the new era of technology and in the global broadcast environment you can view in high class standard which is always boost your social network
Productive and fun workplace with a great future planning. I was lucky to be part of a team that made the vision of the Service Management project came true.
I have worked at AL JAZEERA NET (More than 7 years) Advice to Management Top level managers should listen to individuals once in a while, do not depend on mediators like supervisors and leads, for their servival they can pass only their favourable information to the top level management, Thank you.
Pros
It is very good company to work, Top level management also closely work with each individual, team work builds up here.
Cons
Unless urgent scenarios, middle layer personnel is very poor skilled except few, non technical people rule technical people because of their outside connections to the management
Working on shift can be tough but still get a decent amount of time off. The people who work there are great. Management is stifled by HR so internal promotion has suffered.
Cons
Long hours, poor internal promotion.
Big environmet Global branches friendly people nice daily work time good salaries good allowences ..............................................................
I really like the open door policy AlJazeera has. If you have ideas it is easy to pitch them in the weekly meetings. They won't always be accepted but good ones usually do.
Pros
work environment, vacation time, pay
Cons
living away from home