Al-Futtaim

Al-Futtaim Employee Reviews

Qatar36 reviews
It is a nice environment to work in, not too stressful but alot of pressure.
What I've learned ever since I started working here is to accept other cultures and respect it.

My hardest part at work is when its busy because of the rush and at the same time it's my most enjoyable time because I talk to many customers and I like it when I make them feel happy and welcomed.
Have flexible working hours.
Helpful Management.

Productive Workplace.

Amazing Colleagues.

Well done policies and procedures.

Fairness of decisions and policies.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Stressful
Have a good experienced for stadium costructions,and facility management for last 6 years,management give a full support with me for health and safety job.
Some of the people in the top hierarchy will not leave their comfort level. Thus it is very difficult for newcomers to move upward in their career path.
Over all the group have owned many brands from lowest to luxury and it's franchise department stores. one of the major brand which i can recommend is IKEA and Marks & Spencer
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
I worked for 9 years and 3 mos.to my previous company carrefour hypermarket.i learn a lot they taught me how to manage the staff and how to maintain good communication build positive working relationship.the hardest part is under pressure and ive found that i enjoy working in a challenging environment from a personal perspective
Pros
One hour free break
Cons
As a cashier would start with a brief discussion with my manager about the work.My day would end with my manager counting my cash drawer must be tally
Pros
Day off
Cons
Duty hours
I've been in retail division for 4 years , as per my experience and my responsibilities as a sales assistant I need to ensure that the store display and merchandise is in proper brand, greeting customers and offering assistance,process payments through cash or credit card and to accomplish the result and the sales needed.
Pros
Excess hours
Currently working as a Fashion Consultant in Ted Baker under Alfuttaim Private Group. For the past 3 years i gained a lot of experienced in these retail industry not only for the customer service which is the main job of a sales consultant but i learned the back office activity such as receiving the stocks using SAP application and aside from that answering the emails. We have a good environment workplace that make us more productive and help each employee to strive harder on the designated job. So far even we have some hard time we still manage to work it in a professional way that makes us feel more comfortable and at the same time our work makes more easier.
Good working environment, balance work and personal life, learning platform, team work, support from management, extra activities, nice environment.

A typically day at work i learned everyday new things the culture and dealing Professional and leadership and management
More knowledge I learned
Good company

All benefits

As part of al-futtaim in two years, I would like to thank you for all experiences, knowledge, friends, Godbless us
Pros
Free food, accommodation, transportation
Cons
Short break, etc
The goal to each success relies on how individual performance and how he contribute to the team's performance as a whole.
It engages by actively listening

Seeks to understand others first before acting

Consistently goes above and beyond to meet our customer's needs

Makes promises and delivers on these committments.
Nothing much to describe it as long it goes you can enjoy the workplace as well.

since this crisis started it has been mandatory to keep your eyes open to some other offers as well.
Pros
work on Time
Cons
Healthcare benefits can be retainable always
I learned how to work with fast and efficiency.Its a very tiring job but its worth it. The most enjoyable part is every anniversary where your customer can be the winner of the gaame.
A good group but limited in some countries as to skills and control by persons who appear to have limited ability. Expected to work 6 days a week and extended hours as required.
Pros
Always paid on time
Cons
Long Hours
Reporting to project director at present. Lot of things to study from company intranet, colleagues & from line manager. Less politics & work instructions are very clear. Safety programs, campaigns etc helped a lot to develop & enhance workplace culture. Hardest part for me was to manage the project when the manager went vacation with more than 3000 workmen on board. Enjoyed a lot with senior management during the company organized outdoor functions. Al Futtaim is a great place to work.
i will rate majid al-futtaim with four stars, as i know the company is stable and give good benefits. some decision of the management is a little bit confusing but the company itself is good.
We entertain well the customers
We enjoy our work inspite of being busy specially in peak hours

We perform as much as we can even we are tired and what we do is to talk with the other colleauges sometimes if we dont have customers.
Pros
Free accomodtion and transportation
Cons
More than 8hrs
Al Futtaim as a group is a great company. It helps you in enriching yourself as a person and as an employee. It listens to the voice of the customer and as well its employee.
Happy environment , had fun at work! Learned a lot while working in the company .met new friends! Happy while working in the company!good company benefits
Challenging job with robust learning. Hardest part of job is to meet deadline as these are very short and TAT of certain reports are very short. Team work and appreciation.
Pros
Lots of discounts, high bonus
Cons
late sittings