AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,049 reviews

Productive and fun place

You need to focused on the daily taskVery competitive environment, very productive and care about the whole process from beginning until the delivery of the project.

Pros

Free Rides

Cons

Overtime hours without pay

What is the best part of working at the company?Leaving was the best part of working What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management unorganized not in tune with what’s going on until it’s a problem .. no growth ..definitely discrimination

Just don't

This has got to be the worst place to work. Management is clueless. No room for advancement. You'll het pigeon holed with no chance for development.

What is the best part of working at the company?The co-workers and company involvement What is the most stressful part about working at the company?None, they were helpful and easy to get ahold of.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Awesome, supportive and genuinely concerned. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fun, enjoyable and supportive.

Good Overall

Overall I had a great experience working with acom through this contract with Georgia DOT. The pay was okay the hours were normal but it was a 24-hour 7 day a week Center so you had to work weekends and holidays in most cases.

Nice company

Seniors are experienced with professional knowledge. They understand general practice and are willing to teach juniors. Colleagues are friendly and helpful.

Overworked and micromanaged

The job itself can be fun and rewarding to respond and help with emergencies on the interstate but management likes to hold you over to fill empty routes and they like to keep track of you via GPS monitoring system.

Great Place to Work!

I loved my time with AECOM! The people were great, the atmosphere was great, and they support you! Everyone will have different experiences but you often get back what you give. If you don’t then maybe you move on. I have such great memories of my time with AECOM!

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits were “competitive”. Corporate communication was ok. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Toxic management with no experience or skills. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic, lack of respect to fellow employees, absolutely no communication. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful, no direction from supervisors or management, no schedule timelines or goals.

What is the best part of working at the company?Allowing part time workWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No part was stressful.

What is the best part of working at the company?Opportunity to learn. Exposure to new things that challenges you. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Work/life balance is horrendous. They expect a lot for the money they pay. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Extremely fast-paced. Tools given to complete assignments/tasks are lacking. What is a typical day like for you at the company?You typically have five things to accomplish, and end the day with five more things expected to be completed.

What is the best part of working at the company?Employer was very forth coming and helpful with any questions that arised. Sent equipment to work in a timely manner with no delays. Ready to answer any questions and kept me current with all updates What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Pay periods are once monthly which resulted in having to contact all utilities, car insurance companies, phone service companies and changing dates of draft to pay bills without late charges. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Easy going. Very helpful and ready to answer questions expeditiously What is a typical day like for you at the company?High volume calls and researching many resources for clients to resolve home damages

Many opportunities

The company provides opportunities in so many areas and it is easy to gain experience. However the corporate micromanaging and low pay takes its toll after a while.

Good colleague but poor managerment

Can learn a lot from your colleague and most of them are talented. The management is weak. Pm does not know how to organize the team, even though most members are good.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

poor pay

International consulting firm with several smart people you can learn from

If you are looking to get a varied experience in the industry of the built environment, AECOM is the place to be. You can easily get exposed to interesting architectural, engineering, operations and maintenance projects across Transportation, Water, Energy, Construction Management and more. However, the demands of managing multiple projects with different clients in different time zones is not for the faint of heart. Each office, project, manager and staff operates differently so it is important to get a sense of the localized work culture. Overall, I would rate it great for those early in their career who are not sure what they want to do as it relates to technical services.

Pros

Freedom to work (i.e., remote/hybrid); flexible hours; annual increases

Cons

Quick work burns; Work downtimes; inconsistency leadership; unsatisfactory leave benefits

Mal ambiente

Mal ambiente de trabajo y largar horas de trabajo para las entregas.

Pros

Última tecnología y roles establecidos

Cons

Poco equilibrio vida laboral y familiar

Great to join for freshers

I want to say that I am more than satisfied with the work culture, amazing seniors, and overall environment of AECOM. Apart from the grand welcome party or nice gifts we got in these few months, the real satisfaction I got after I was included in a project. I started to understand what real engineering looks like and I thought to myself, “Yes, I can do this for the rest of my career.” I will highly recommend people who want to pursue core engineering to join this company.

Pros

Flexible work timing

Cons

No dedicated training schedule. Have to learn through work

The company only cares about there burdget for the job

I am thankful I got way from them . They only care about making it pretty for the army Corps . Not doing the job right . They lie about the work you will be doing , you must do work out side your trade and you get blamed for it

Cons

They play the blame game, and you are always to blame

Relaxed and progressive work culture, no micromanagement, on time submissions and distribution of work is managed. I enjoyed working here on various kinds of projects

It’s just a regular scaffolding job in central Alberta

Just the same kind of job you get anywhere in Alberta all depends on who is running the project you get hired for. Depending on who’s The super and the gf on the project you are working on will set the tone for how good or bad the job is overall.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Long and hard, extremely physical and sometimes very complicated work scope

Good company for working

AECOM is a pioneer company in the field, even if you have a good experience, you will having more with them.Team working at a very good condition, and all are respecting each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits