AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 63 reviews matching the search See all 4,044 reviews
productive work experience
Project Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  QatarNovember 17, 2019
AECOM has a great working culture, and entire staff and management was co-operative during my stay their they were very helpful and professional. I would like to work again if get the opportunity,
Fair
QAQC ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  QatarNovember 4, 2019
Working with AECOM was a challenging task and great experience. I've learned a lot of things and additional knowledge in quality when designated to handle the QAQC work on the projects I was assigned.
External and internal coordination
PRO/senior admin assisstant (Former Employee) –  QatarOctober 3, 2019
Liaise and coordinate with external and internal contacts according to the project requirements.
Staff shift organization and mobilization on site and arrival to work
Update organization chart
Status of permits flollow up
Documentation
Great company
patriot lead (Current Employee) –  QatarSeptember 25, 2019
Great company great personnel all around amazing my first contract job since out of the army they where helpful and took care of there employees like they are family always eager to teach.
Pros
Great pay great work
Cons
More advancement opportunities
Good work experience and good working environment
Sr Road Safety Audit Engineer (Former Employee) –  QatarSeptember 20, 2019
Worked for two and half years in Qatar for a mega highway project and after leaving felt very bad as i lost my home. Gained good exposure for road safety issues.
Good workplace
Highway Inspector (Former Employee) –  Al-KhawrSeptember 7, 2019
One of the best Engineering design company and very good management. Having project around the world and well experienced people for design review and monitoring the work.
My experience to work with this organization was amazing.
ELECTRICAL CAD DRAFTSMAN (Former Employee) –  DOHA QATARAugust 28, 2019
As I have already work in this organization, this is an international organization which give a lot benefits to employees who are working in this organization.
Compney with good Culture
Field Engineer (Electrical) (Former Employee) –  DohaJuly 20, 2019
Nothing bad other than the salary, which look like less compare to other company.
The quality is fully depends on the project team and it happens negative some time for the projects.
Pros
System is good
Good Workplace
Systems/ELV Engineer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 20, 2019
Overall good company and environment, compensation benefits are not that much and salary is lump sum package. Need to give more benefits to Employees.
Pros
No Free lunches
Cons
No great compensation benefits
Productive and fun working place
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 13, 2019
Aecom was an international professional company with good working

atmosphere. Work-life balance was very good. All managers are

cooperative and friendly.
Pros
Employee Annual and emergency leave approvals
Cons
No Salay increase
Transportation (Express Highway Road)
Highway surveyor (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 17, 2019
It's very huge projects in the world total 14 lanes including both sides truck routes and 8 major Interchanges bridges.

The management is very good
The worse company I have ever worked in 29 years
Construction Director -Qatar (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 14, 2019
Company integrity is questionable!!

There has been a significant change in divisional management over the last 20 months, which appears to be focused on corporate box-ticking, rather than practical solutions. There appears to be a culture of fear of reprisals and bullying for those who dare challenge the views of some managers. Staff are expected to work longer hours on regular basis without compensation Yearly pay reviews appear to be governed by personal views of individuals rather than based on output and performance reviews.Local and Regional Management cover up pretending they do not know what is happening with AECOM in Qatar. I will be leaving AECOM Qatar in April 2019
Cons
working longer hours, unpaid, bullying from senior management
AECOM was a good experience
Fire Suppression Technician (Former Employee) –  and Doha QatarFebruary 24, 2019
AECOM is a great company. They transferred me from Afghanistan to Qatar. They have wonderful recruiters and the pay is very competitive. AECOM is also a growing company that is well respected.
Pros
Very scussessful company
Cons
no Cons
Enjoyed But Could Improve
Safety, Health, and Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAFebruary 23, 2019
AECOM is a good company. However the Middle East and Africa leadership is more profit driven than interested in keeping and appreciating productive and culturally-accepting and charitable employees. For example here in Ghana they allowed my contract to expire as work accelled and my junior team grows without proper leadership. AECOM EMEA appears to be loosly supervised by Global AECOM and has created a difficult atmosphere here. I will be leaving March 31 with one of the best safety records in AECOM intact for the past 2 years
Pros
Fair opportunities to travel
Cons
Does not appreciate employees that go above and beyond for company and client image
Good work environment , productive friendly professional mangement
Senior Public Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 11, 2019
Highlights:
• Contributed to the preparations for a successful opening event in April 2017 which was attended by the Prime Minister of Qatar and received extensive media coverage.
• Stellar role in promotional and marketing campaign for the new Orbital Highway and truck Route.
• Efficiently handling two projects concurrently.
• Secured Promotion in less than 6 months of joining the project for outstanding contribution.

Key Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of public relations and communications for New Orbital Highway Package 2 project of the Public Works Authority (Ashghal).
• Develop and implement operational processes for managing project communications assuring proactive communications with all stakeholders.
• Support Contractors in managing stakeholder communications ensuring on time and accurate dissemination of information as required under the contract.
• Formulate and execute public relations plans with annual calendars, events and budgets to address communication needs with various stakeholders. Evaluate and update the PR plan periodically to ensure continued effectiveness.
• Prepare all media announcements related to the project and manage all visual documentation including arranging of photo shoots across the project progress stages.
• Deal with complaints related to the project, coordinating with relevant departments to develop and execute mitigation plans for satisfactory resolution of issues.
• Produce 2 reports on a monthly basis for the client – one related to public communications and the other covering project visuals.
• Define KPIs
  more... related to PR plan of the Contractors and conduct monthly audits to ensure achievement of all objectives of PR KPIs.
• Support Ashghal with social media content related to the project both in Arabic and English for use in their social media channels.
• Participate in monthly client meetings and contribute ideas for creation and execution of media campaigns.
• Monitor the welfare of the workers engaged by Contractors in the project and conduct monthly audits and inspections of workers’ accommodation assuring maintenance of Ashghal standards.
Pros
Company cares to retain its employees
Cons
not taing so many projects in qatar
Global Standardized System, Great Management Team
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  QatarJanuary 31, 2019
Great environment, up-to-date learning center, your work environment depends on your teammate / management also. There's no long-term employment security which is understandable. However, there's also pitfalls caused from misbehaving of some people but managers close there eyes, this breaks the business ethics which is core value of AECOM.
Pros
Global system learning
Cons
Unsecure employment
Nice Working Environment
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  QatarSeptember 18, 2018
Diverse group of people with spacious working areas. Suitable working hours with 5-day work per week (mostly). Annual gathering or event with intermediate town hall meetings giving information of company's track.
Pros
Intermediate gatherings funded by the company
Cons
Health Care
A productive workplace, brings equal opportunity
Assistant Resident Engineer-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  DohaAugust 29, 2018
I like the company, if ever the company wants to rehire me, I will be happy to join again. It has an excellent HR assistance. It promotes
teamwork and with great leadership.
Pros
Salary on time, has excellent administrative and organizational management.
Cons
Nothing to say.
not certain for a long period of employment
Assistant Resident Engineer (Current Employee) –  DohaAugust 13, 2018
The work is enjoyable and I've learned new things or knowledges. The day work is 8 hours exact and the management is good, The work place is safe and comfortable one. Actually in my experience, the hardest part of the for me is that when pressure from higher management comes like for example our PMC since AECOM or we are working as supervision consultants then we are under by KBR and the employees there are very tough and strict to us.However, I enjoy with my job and position being an ARE because I have the opportunity to grow and aside from that my salary is sufficient.
Pros
Free transportation from and to work site
Cons
No free air fare and accommodation
very good
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  QatarJuly 3, 2018
The typical day work includes site inspection, progress or technical meetings, safety inspection and regular visits to stakeholders.
the work culture is amazing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K